3.90 star(s) 40 Votes

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Well I just noticed the oldest daughter isn't even 18 yet...as shown in the image I posted below. And I guess the twins, which they are just starting high school, would be 14...soon to be 15. And the blond (the middle) daughter, would be only a year older than them (16-17 years of age).

Anyways now I know...the dad will have to be very cautious, or he could end up doing jail time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
only because you changed her age. using defaults she'd be turning 20. And point of fact. 18 is 'not' the global age of consent. nor even cross country in some case. including america. If anything he'd be going to jail for incest, not necessarily due to her age.

ditto6876

Jan 24, 2023
Nice start to the game, will certainly play more(once more updates are released).Only bug i got was i changed my name at the start, but i was still being called the old name, but that being said has bugs go it doesnt alter the game play for me.keep up the good work

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
In response to all the comments about the grade range. I'm writing the story as though players are using default ages which are 18-20(almost). Izzy's birthday is coming up soon.

And before anyone says. `They look too young to be that age'. Bullshit.

You CAN'T go by looks these days. I've known 30 year olds that looked like they could have been 13-14, hell I dated one. And let me tell you it was no fun going out in public with her. I can't tell you all the looks we got, not to mention actually being interrupted by a cop while we were kissing in public. All I can say is thank god she had her ID on her.

I've also known 11-12 year olds that looked 16-17, my own daughter included, she's in her early twenties now with a kid of her own and still looks like she should be in high school.

Looks are arbitruary and cannot be counted on for determining age. And always have been, although admittedly it seems to have gotten worse over the last 20 or 30 years. I blame all the chemicals in our food. lol

And if you're playing with a range of ages that could place the girls in different institutions (high school/college) Then let's go with MGR is a relatively new (about 5 years) private institution, that took over an old HS building until theirs was complete, experimenting with the idea of combining them.

Anyhow, that's my rant for the today. Hope you enjoy the game, and before commenting on any of these things. think a little.

EDIT:
Preview of what's coming up with the school. I've had a custom one being made since before 0.01 released by a fellow dev that's almost ready. And it certainly won't look like a typical HS, as the current building I'm using does.

Last edited:

ditto6876

Jan 24, 2023
In response to all the comments about the grade range. I'm writing the story as though players are using default ages which are 18-20(almost). Izzy's birthday is coming up soon.

And before anyone says. `They look too young to be that age'. Bullshit.

You CAN'T go by looks these days. I've known 30 year olds that looked like they could have been 13-14, hell I dated one. And let me tell you it was no fun going out in public with her. I can't tell you all the looks we got, not to mention actually being interrupted by a cop while we were kissing in public. All I can say is thank god she had her ID on her.

I've also known 11-12 year olds that looked 16-17, my own daughter included, she's in her early twenties now with a kid of her own and still looks like she should be in high school.

Looks are arbitruary and cannot be counted on for determining age. And always have been, although admittedly it seems to have gotten worse over the last 20 or 30 years. I blame all the chemicals in our food. lol

And if you're playing with a range of ages that could place the girls in different institutions (high school/college) Then let's go with MGR is a relatively new (about 5 years) private institution experimenting with the idea of combining them.

Anyhow, that's my rant for the today. Hope you enjoy the game, and before commenting on any these things. think a little.
completely agree with girls(teens)and ladies looking older than there are,they always have, put some make up on and they look ways older than there are.

Draevis

Nov 30, 2019
I noticed that at least a couple of times Rose uses the MCs default nickname "Red" instead of the nickname I gave him at the start of the game.
edit. Actually, except for a couple of times in the teacher breakroom, Rose consistently uses the default nickname "Red" for the Main Character no matter what nickname you specify.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017
the harem tag could still mean that you have an option to chose who's in it. which i presume it does, considering the choices that are in the game so far.
In most games which have harem tag you can still choose the girls you want and reject the rest, or even go for a single girl. I have no interest in catch them all, never play like that.
I'm with you in that it is nice being able to choose and am biased here because I like them all.

But on the other side, making everyone optional destroys every attempt at creating an engaging story. Story as in STORY, not 'connecting hot scenes'.
It also makes rendering and coding much more complex if you have to account for every possible combination. That's why you mostly have a base cast and the optional LIs are 'filler'.
That's mostly for sexy stuff, not overall-story related, but it bleeds into each other.

A solution is to make a 'harem' of different LIs in the way of making a separate path/game for each one, just running them all at the same time like so many games do - but honestly - that's crap. If for the whole game, no one knows that there are others and the LIs don't really interact (not necessarily in sex scenes, story-wise too) that's just a helper to not have to run the game multiple times, it's not really part of the story.

While there are games where I'd like to have the option to choose and others where I'm happy I can do so, mostly the best stories can be found in ones that have a set cast that interacts and can carry the story.
I remember 10-15 years ago when these games were just finding the right choices/combinations to get the sex scenes.
No one complained they weren't able to immerse themselves or the MC wasn't customizable enough.

Only few games will fit your likings 100%, and if they do by letting you totally customize them like that, they are like the toolbox they provide you with, hollow. Never got a good story out of a toolbox.
And at least for me, VNs can't lose by providing an engaging novel part.

Hell, I sometimes choose LIs I would normally reject if the story is really good and that is what fits in best.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
only because you changed her age. using defaults she'd be turning 20. And point of fact. 18 is 'not' the global age of consent. nor even cross country in some case. including america. If anything he'd be going to jail for incest, not necessarily due to her age.
Oh, OK? But at the beginning of this story's setup, there was only one age change choice offered...and it was only for the twins (image added). The other girls has no choices to change their ages...as the game starts right after the twins age is accepted.

So does changing the twins age from 18, to what ever the user wants, affects the other girls ages as well? Sorry, I'm a bit confused, as I stated there was no other choices to change the oldest sisters age. So the image that I included with my previous post, showed the eldest daughter saying she isn't 18 yet to her dad.

And your right, I didn't know that incest is totally illegal in almost all states but ONE in the US (Rhode Island). And the age in most of the US states can vary from age 16-18, for there to be a statutory rape charge to an adult. (sex with a minor under the age of 16)

And some wonder why MC isn't having sex in his classroom...that would be just dumb, if he did. He would risk his job, but worse his freedom for more than a decade if he was caught in the act. (I like that you didn't make MC an idiot...he just has no soul. ;))

screenshot0007.png

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Oh, OK? But at the beginning of this story's setup, there was only one age change choice offered...and it was only for the twins (image added). The other girls has no choices to change their ages...as the game starts right after the twins age is accepted.

So does changing the twins age from 18, to what ever the user wants, affects the other girls ages as well? Sorry, I'm a bit confused, as I stated there was no other choices to change the oldest sisters age. So the image that I included with my previous post, showed the eldest daughter saying she isn't 18 yet to her dad.

And your right, I didn't know that incest is totally illegal in almost all states but ONE in the US (Rhode Island). And the age in most of the US states can vary from age 16-18, for there to be a statutory rape charge to an adult. (sex with a minor under the age of 16)

And some wonder why MC isn't having sex in his classroom...that would be just dumb, if he did. He would risk his job, but worse his freedom for more than a decade if he was caught in the act. (I like that you didn't make MC an idiot...he just has no soul. ;))

View attachment 2560197
Kathy and Isabel are automatically set to 1 and 2 years older respectively after choocing the twins age. Although technically Isabel isn't quite that age yet, as I stated earlier. But her birthday is coming very soon. within the next 2 or 3 updates (not counting 0.03) unless I skip more days during the week, but I'm aiming for at least 2 full days per update for the next couple. You'll find out why in 0.03.

Reactions: Maverick1965

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I'm with you in that it is nice being able to choose and am biased here because I like them all.

But on the other side, making everyone optional destroys every attempt at creating an engaging story. Story as in STORY, not 'connecting hot scenes'.
It also makes rendering and coding much more complex if you have to account for every possible combination. That's why you mostly have a base cast and the optional LIs are 'filler'.
That's mostly for sexy stuff, not overall-story related, but it bleeds into each other.

A solution is to make a 'harem' of different LIs in the way of making a separate path/game for each one, just running them all at the same time like so many games do - but honestly - that's crap. If for the whole game, no one knows that there are others and the LIs don't really interact (not necessarily in sex scenes, story-wise too) that's just a helper to not have to run the game multiple times, it's not really part of the story.

While there are games where I'd like to have the option to choose and others where I'm happy I can do so, mostly the best stories can be found in ones that have a set cast that interacts and can carry the story.
I remember 10-15 years ago when these games were just finding the right choices/combinations to get the sex scenes.
No one complained they weren't able to immerse themselves or the MC wasn't customizable enough.

Only few games will fit your likings 100%, and if they do by letting you totally customize them like that, they are like the toolbox they provide you with, hollow. Never got a good story out of a toolbox.
And at least for me, VNs can't lose by providing an engaging novel part.

Hell, I sometimes choose LIs I would normally reject if the story is really good and that is what fits in best.
Yes it is more work, no questions there.
Neither do i expect full customization of everything, that's just not possible while having a story to tell, even AAA-games can't do that.

But that making relationships with the LI's optional is in general negatively impacting the story is not true, depending how the dev implements it of course. Just to make it clear, i do not want them to be optional completely, as in not interacting with them anymore, just the romance/sex/relationship part, these characters are still part of the story.

Many harem games, and let's be honest here, don't have a good story to begin with, LI's being optional or not has little to do with it.
Personally i choose only LI's which interest me, i see no reason to include the ones i have no interest in, not to mention the ones i dislike. With 'forced' LI's it's always a gamble, if you like them all good, but if not it's one of the easiest ways ruin the fun.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Kathy and Isabel are automatically set to 1 and 2 years older respectively after choocing the twins age. Although technically Isabel isn't quite that age yet, as I stated earlier. But her birthday is coming very soon. within the next 2 or 3 updates (not counting 0.03) unless I skip more days during the week, but I'm aiming for at least 2 full days per update for the next couple. You'll find out why in 0.03.
OK, thanks for letting me know this. But, it would have been better to know this info before I changed and finished the story to the latest update...(there is a lot of content)

Maybe adding a feature to the game menu that would allow a user to change the age of the twins at any time in the game. Because, anyone that changed the twins ages didn't know it would affect the other sisters ages... Some will have to restart their story again to fix the their age errors.

Anyways, I really like how the story writing has progressed so far. Great work. Also, thanks for giving your time to reply to my questions. Best Regards.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Enjoying this so far, ShaddyGames But I have a question, that will be huge spoiler territory. Who is 'She'? Izzy saw her and so did Rose. I'm starting to wonder if this game will have supernatural as a future tag and 'She' is the ghost of the deceased wife.

• Wow
Reactions: gadu2121 and _13_
Oct 22, 2017
Neither do i expect full customization of everything, that's just not possible while having a story to tell, even AAA-games can't do that.

But that making relationships with the LI's optional is in general negatively impacting the story is not true, depending how the dev implements it of course. Just to make it clear, i do not want them to be optional completely, as in not interacting with them anymore, just the romance/sex/relationship part, these characters are still part of the story.

Many harem games, and let's be honest here, don't have a good story to begin with, LI's being optional or not has little to do with it.
Personally i choose only LI's which interest me, i see no reason to include the ones i have no interest in, not to mention the ones i dislike. With 'forced' LI's it's always a gamble, if you like them all good, but if not it's one of the easiest ways ruin the fun.

You can do that, true - depending on the story.

That's why I said it's mainly sex scenes but bleeds into the storytelling.
It could start with how intimate characters are in their daily lives - which you can circumvent by being less intimate - but you might not want to, leading to not only textual but potentially rendering work or time spent figuring out how to do the scenes so it works for both. Even if it's just additional renders for one variant, the coding gets way more complex.

But depending on the story, this might be a total deal breaker. Let's assume Shaddy wanted to tell the story of MC and Rose reconnecting and the harem with the daughters was just the cherry on top.
Or the twins being a double deal but someone only liking one of them.
Where do you draw the line?

As I said, I am making use of the option to choose if it is presented - but there are stories that are better suited for this feature than others - and if a dev decides to not offer this option, they should have the right to do so.
What I find annoying (and these posts just played into this existing annoyance, so sorry if I was a bit harsh) is when people sound like a game without total customization is an imposition (they might not ask for it, but if their preferences are made possible, why not those of the next guy asking?) and every game not offering it not worth playing.

For me, while I play less story-oriented games from this side, the story part of Visual Novel is important. I'm less interested in the gamey games and like a good story. So I'm completely fine with the games wanting to tell a story, to tell that story. And like with a book, I'm fine with content I have no say over.
If too much of it is not to my liking, I might just ignore it though - like with any other story.

With rare exceptions, the MCs dick being the size of his arm is one such thing or the existence of overly large breasts.
I might ignore games just because the preview images show such content. Yes, the character might be only an optional LI, but I would have to endure their renders nonetheless.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017
OK, thanks for letting me know this. But, it would have been better to know this info before I changed and finished the story to the latest update...(there is a lot of content)

Maybe adding a feature to the game menu that would allow a user to change the age of the twins at any time in the game. Because, anyone that changed the twins ages didn't know it would affect the other sisters ages... Some will have to restart their story again to fix the their age errors.

Anyways, I really like how the story writing has progressed so far. Great work. Also, thanks for giving your time to reply to my questions. Best Regards.
Here I am just thinking this is Kathy and then you come around with this theory ... :unsure:

You didn't? I was - oh, you choose the youngest age, makes sense. The story has them in a certain relation to each other for storytelling purposes, so giving them all independent ages makes no sense.

I restarted like 4-5 times adjusting the age one year in this direction, one in the other until I was satisfied. ;)
Not like you can't just press tab or skip to the choices to be where you were in an instant.
Even did it after I saw the settings entry - yes I am that weird. o_O

katzenstreu

Mar 4, 2023
I noticed that at least a couple of times Rose uses the MCs default nickname "Red" instead of the nickname I gave him at the start of the game.
edit. Actually, except for a couple of times in the teacher breakroom, Rose consistently uses the default nickname "Red" for the Main Character no matter what nickname you specify.
its easy to fix.
just go to the settings and rename the nickname again.
it goes back to Red when the new content kicks in (after rose peeking on izzy).

Sep 19, 2020

If it has more then 3 LIs then it would be a nightmare for most devs since myself and many other people will notice if characters are placed incorrectly for a romantic relationship.

One example that is common in stories and real life is that those in a romantic relationship stand next to their lover when in a line, sitting on a bus, walking down the street and so on. If there are a mere 6 LI's then this will require well over 30 different images for EVERY scene where all 6 are present.

Last edited:

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
hmm, he looks mostly normal to me, typical tone for a redhead.

Was this one also caught? I've seen it at least twice so far dropping off the girls, and I'm only on like the third day.

"Girls. Have a good, and be a good."

Should be 'Have a good day, and be good', or similar.
It's a great start from what I've seen so far. Will look forward to this one.

Cheers.
This isn't a mistake, it's just some dorky thing the dad says to his kids.

3.90 star(s) 40 Votes