The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Reactions: OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
View attachment 3083734
There is a buy in, but I haven't seen 25% off a gift card for a very long time...
Its's worth noting that the GC discount is applied before the tokens discount is applied ... 2 x $5.99 NR + 8 tokens = $7.18 buy-in giving an effective GC disount of 23.56% (24% Daz Arithmetic) ... there are two NR at $5.59, sadly, both both are already in my library ...

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At renderosity
  • 70% off 170 items till Wednesday
  • 60% off all Eichornarts assets for the closing of her store till 11/25

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
snoopypartygif.gif aliens-alien.gif

(and yeah, agreed, hopefully baseline discounts are adjusted accordingly after tokens go away...)

But that is not why I'm here. Any particularly notable 'discount stacking' going on in today's Daz3D.com sale that anyone may have noticed? About to burn a few of those infernal tokens before they expire (again)...

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
And there was much rejoicing!

For some reason they list the token expiration times in GMT (i.e. UTC), so my 10 tokens expired at Daz midnight when I was explicitly saving them for today's deal thinking I had another ~7 hours.

But that is not why I'm here. Any particularly notable 'discount stacking' going on in today's Daz3D.com sale that anyone may have noticed? About to burn a few of those infernal tokens before they expire (again)...
You'd think a wishlist sale would be pretty good, but this one is super annoying, because they've split the wishlist items across two coupons, and you have to use the right coupon for each, so it's pretty tedious to do it without the dazdeals wishlist filter (which is paywalled?). I have some stuff at 50% off in my wishlist, but without tokens, even with the coupon the discount isn't good enough to be worth it, so I gave up without trying very hard.

Again I wish somebody would make a free dazdeals-ish add-on that doesn't have any of the server stuff (which is why they argue they need people to pay), it just does the filters etc.

Edit:

According to the daz forums it's a great deal, somebody said they had a shopping cart of 36 items at 93% off, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Also they said there was a great gift card sale yesterday, but they don't say at what price so I don't know what it was. Oh, I see, amster22 posted it early in the thread, 25% off, somehow I missed it. 25% off is the best we've seen in years, although with a buyin it's not THAT much better than 22%.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
View attachment 3087252 View attachment 3087263

(and yeah, agreed, hopefully baseline discounts are adjusted accordingly after tokens go away...)

ou'd think a wishlist sale would be pretty good, but this one is super annoying, because they've split the wishlist items across two coupons, and you have to use the right coupon for each, so it's pretty tedious to do it without the dazdeals wishlist filter (which is paywalled?). I have some stuff at 50% off in my wishlist, but without tokens, the discount isn't good enough to be worth it, so I gave up without trying very hard.
Very few discounts today, except the wishlist items, but you can have interesting deals on old items.
The point is that the wishlist discount stacks with coupon discount. Hence for the "classic gem" category which is *very* large (40kitems), you can get 30%(wishlist)+70%(coupon)=80%. And if you find in your wishlist some items already discounted for some random reason (probably an older sales), it will stack. I had two items at 50%off and they turned to 90%off with the coupon.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I had two items at 50%off and they turned to 90%off with the coupon.
I could have sworn I tried this and it didn't work; thanks for spelling it out, because I must have done something wrong.

Ok, I got a reasonable deal now. It looks like it was partly because some of the items were $50 or more list price, so even at 85%-90% they still seemed too expensive. Also maybe because I missed that it's limited to 3 new or 10 older, so when I was just putting a lot in the cart to test it, I probably had more than 3 and broke the deal.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm seeing some interesting crossover between the HDRI Sale and the Magical Sale, but in a bad way...

The CLASSIC-GEMS coupon seems to apply to the HDRI sale items as well, so obviously there's some crossover on the lists, but since the first 10 items 'snag' the discount, if you were cart building with the HDRI sale, this can mess with your selections in the "Magical" sale. So now I'm dumping items back to my wishlist hoping that they will still show as 'pre November 14th" when I re-add them to my cart...

Ahh well I'm seeing 98% off on a few 'classic hair' items (after tokens and two 'HDRI New Releases' discount, and 3 new "Magical" releases which discounts entire cart by 30%) so I shouldn't complain!
o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just noting that there are a lot of bundles in the mix today, if you were say looking at 10 wishlisted 'classic' bundles for your coupon...

Hopefully sales get easier again (while still being decent) after this week. Not holding my breath though!

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Latest Daz3d banner promises "an extra 50% off New Releases" but apparently that doesn't mean "Still New Releases" like it normally does.

But, on the other hand, all the offers stack so you can get really good deals on relatively new stuff like this example where I tested putting a bunch of G9 clothes into my cart from the list of ~6500 on-sale items and then applied 8 tokens, no coupons.

1700033203463.png

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I think I did reasonably well stacking the 'Magical Creatures' (3 item buy-in) and today's 'Explore Forgotten Tombs' (5 item buy-in) a bit steep because I got the cheaper MC items yesterday ... still got 94% on a lot of stuff that has been hanging around in my 'Notifications / Wishlist' ...

Screenshot 2023-11-15 152055.png

column B: 1 = buy-in 0 = items benefitting from promo
column C: My Target Price or Recent best - red shade indicates item's cart price is over the target - header overall better/worse
column G row 2: % saving against Page price [edit] Cart price includes 8 tokens (40%) discount [/edit]
column J: % saving against MSRP
column L: cost per item - average for cart in row 1
column F is red because I am over budget for the month :(

I like to try and get it all green ...

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so today's DAZ3D.com sale language is a bit confusing, so to clarify:

The extra 20% off with tokens means that if you apply 8 tokens (40% off) you are actually getting 6% off per token instead of 5% off per token, or 48% off total.

Pretty sure that they still dont' apply to gift cards (haven't tried, not purchasing a gift card today), but if they do feel free to clarify.

The buy in for the extra discounts for today's sale is rather steep... and the deals, even with that extra 8%(48%) off with 8 tokens, just aren't wowing me.

So I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings...

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
OK, so today's DAZ3D.com sale language is a bit confusing, so to clarify:

The extra 20% off with tokens means that if you apply 8 tokens (40% off) you are actually getting 6% off per token instead of 5% off per token, or 48% off total.

Pretty sure that they still dont' apply to gift cards (haven't tried, not purchasing a gift card today), but if they do feel free to clarify.

The buy in for the extra discounts for today's sale is rather steep... and the deals, even with that extra 8%(48%) off with 8 tokens, just aren't wowing me.

So I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings...
It is worth highlighting that Tokens are set to expire on 2023-11-20 (unspecified time) and also purchases still accrue tokens, not sure if this will be true on the 20th ... Double Token Day ... but ... they'll probably Milk them to the end.

I also think that they aren't gone ... They'll come back, maybe as 'Xmas Crackers' for the coming season's sales or some such variant ...

• Haha
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Les Jetons est mort! longue vie au les Jetons!

Only Please call them Punches

We've seen this before ... buy something daily to increase your discount ...​

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Les Jetons est mort! longue vie au les Jetons!

Only Please call them Punches

We've seen this before ... buy something daily to increase your discount ...​
My initial scan of the sale didn't wow me, but I probably missed something. If it's not one gimmick, it's another...

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
My initial scan of the sale didn't wow me, but I probably missed something. If it's not one gimmick, it's another...
Yes, not a Wow! offering.

One thing I am seeing is a strange discount added to my cart ... Daz Arthimetic and my own poor skills are making it hard to decipher; but it looks like they are applying punches startring from 2023-11-17, so if you bought something everyday since Friday you may be getting 30% (35% if you are Daz+) discount on your cart ...

[edit] Yes, it looks like my previous day's purchases are counting as punches, an unexpected surprise [/edit]
[edit2] :FacePalm:
Is it still a surprise if it's expected? [/edit2]

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

$2.99 with a
Stacks with Punches
Coupon code: LONG-LEGACY

Edit: Added more detail

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and amster22
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote