JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
"Reconciliation"

It's a big part & and (I feel) one of the recurring theme of this game.
Following characters have strained/uncomfortable relationship when the game begins:

- Luna & Cordia
- Gracie & Isabel
- MC & Rina (his mom)

Perhaps part (though not all) of what draws me to this game so much is that though the fractured relationships of these characters, MC patching things up (well Gracie-Isabel is done, but other two still remain) makes it worthwhile on this journey (Luna & Cordia one I'm getting the feeling will be really emotional, but I'm getting the feeling MC & Rina storyline may just really pull at our heartstrings).
Can't wait.

On other note, I replayed Gracie's "Town Time" event last night, and this phrase by Cordia (which Gracie relays to MC) grabbed my attention:

"It is not the danger you would be in that worries me. It is the danger you would become."

I wonder whether MC will be able to talk about what she meant here about Gracie with Cordia (as well as her relationship with Luna), when her Freeroam/Lewd sections become available.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I wonder whether MC will be able to talk about what she meant here about Gracie with Cordia (as well as her relationship with Luna), when her Freeroam/Lewd sections become available.
You know, i wonder if hope is actually going to give us a Cordia route or if its just a red herring.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You know, i wonder if hope is actually going to give us a Cordia route or if its just a red herring.
Check the Gallery (within it, the "Replay Room"). Greyed out Cordia portrait is there (with just her in game face pic, unlike other girls who have End of Content Angel pics, because she doesn't have any content, yet), so it is coming. It's just a question of when.

Dr Spector

Jul 2, 2017
Fairly new to VNs, but just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the story so far. The characters are flawed individuals but intriguing.

Gracie greatly reminds me of a family member with Asperger's, at least as far as personal interactions go. Luna is broken, but not beyond mending. Isabel is lonely, but has more depth than a lot of the stereotypical lonely housewife tropes.

My own theory is that Antonio and the MC are half brothers. (Could Joey secretly be their father :D?)

Looking forward to the next update!

Reactions: LostKing and VOYEUR

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I actually wonder if we are getting a Cynthia path too or if she is already a couple with the other unknown serpent.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
This is an interesting story but I find it quite unbelievable that at no point he hasn't asked the question:

"Can someone tell me exactly wtf is going on? "

Seriously....just go along with forced (effective) kidnap and hostage situation happily, survive 4 assassination attempts and not once, not once does he lose his fecking cool and blow up. The scene with eiza was a joke imo. Cordia says losing her patience?/ Hahaha...her patience? I get the writer is trying to drag out this suspense, but no one would go along with everything he has without finally letting flip on Cordia or Antonio regardless of the consequences.

Then Antonio has the nerve to say 'Do you know what would happen to this family if you were killed?' errr...no dude...cos no one is fecking telling me anything!

Other than that...interesting story, interesting characters, don't personally care for mini games in VN's but it's not terrible compared to some. Look forward to seeing where it goes.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
This is an interesting story but I find it quite unbelievable that at no point he hasn't asked the question:

"Can someone tell me exactly wtf is going on? "

Seriously....just go along with forced (effective) kidnap and hostage situation happily, survive 4 assassination attempts and not once, not once does he lose his fecking cool and blow up. The scene with eiza was a joke imo. Cordia says losing her patience?/ Hahaha...her patience? I get the writer is trying to drag out this suspense, but no one would go along with everything he has without finally letting flip on Cordia or Antonio regardless of the consequences.

Other than that...interesting story, interesting characters, don't personally care for mini games in VN's but it's not terrible compared to some. Look forward to seeing where it goes.
At the dinner scene you can choose to say "shitty" and the mc goes;

pov "I don't understand why you would keep me here..."
pov "Can't you just let me leave?"

This is basically the first story of the game.

During the fazio arc he get 'slapped' by Serpent (cowboy guy) and lose his calm and says;

ser "That inner demon of his."
pov "..."
"I'm getting tired of all this..."
pov "I don't know what my parents did or didn't do- and frankly I don't care..."
pov "Whatever their sins are- it has nothing to do with me..."
pov "If you all know so much- you also know I don't speak to either of them, and haven't done so since I was a kid..."
pov "So whatever it is you think you're gaining from having me here- you are wrong!"
ser "You are needed."
pov "For what...?"
ser "..."
ser "That is not for me to say."

So, he does ask and lose his calm.
But straight out asking demands and answers without care for consequences? I don't believe that any sane person would choose their own death simply to get to know why they're keeping him.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
And that answers my question how exactly?

Even the biggest moron on this planet should figure out now they need him alive. So what are they gonna do if he flips his lid, throws a picture frame at Antonio and gets in Cordia's face? Very little.

Sorry, I get the dragging it out like a soap opera, but no one would recat like he has (even with 2 hot teenageers for a distraction). You'd demand some answers..not just go "oh ok...don't want to tell me...I'll be off then...."

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
And that answers my question how exactly?

Even the biggest moron on this planet should figure out now they need him alive. So what are they gonna do if he flips his lid, throws a picture frame at Antonio and gets in Cordia's face? Very little.

Sorry, I get the dragging it out like a soap opera, but no one would recat like he has (even with 2 hot teenageers for a distraction). You'd demand some answers..not just go "oh ok...don't want to tell me...I'll be off then...."
I haven't given enough clues about if they need him alive or not. No clues if the 'gains' of him being kept are worth them being disrespected. In the mafia world, where everything is about honor and status, you think that they would simply ignore and sweat nervously when someone with the status of an ant shit talks them and demands answers?
The DeLuca Family is not some kind of magnanimous Family.
Also, there are many ways to punish someone without killing. Many times those ways are worse than death.

Point is. Maybe they need him alive. Maybe they don't.
From the view of the mc, I can't see him taking the chance without knowing for certain.

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I actually wonder if we are getting a Cynthia path too or if she is already a couple with the other unknown serpent.
I'm kinda doubting we'll get a Cynthia path (though I do have a feeling we may get some naughty pics for MC's "Wet Dreams" section & also some original renders in the gallery [non-in game images]).

If she has feelings for one of the other Serpents, I think it might be for "Serpent" (the sniper, aka "Mr High-Five-Guy by Gottardo).

I think Gottardo mentions in the beach prison event that only Wilfred & Cynthia knows his real name (though I think that isn't quite accurate, if theory about "Serpent" being Rina (MC's mom)'s ex-fiance ends up being true, then the more accurate list of people who know his name would be Cordia, Wilfred, Cynthia).
Wilfred probably knows since Cordia is his protégé (thus he would most likely know a lot of her past, including "Serpent"'s name), but with Cynthia, I think she knows because she might have quite close personal relationship with "Serpent."

Though it might be more of an unrequisited love from her end. with "Serpent" likely being Rina's ex-fiance and still caring deeply about Rina.

Hopes also mentioned that one word to describe the last hidden Serpent's personality would be "evil." I could be very much wrong, but not sure that sort of personality is something Cynthia would be attracted to.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Point is. Maybe they need him alive. Maybe they don't.
From the view of the mc, I can't see him taking the chance without knowing for certain.
Last episode pretty much proves with from Antonio's speech. The fact they constantly mention your importance. The fact they let you live and interact with the family and know there's been 4 attempts on your life...

How many clues do you need to know they need/want you alive? So therefore, you have some leeway in what you can get away with. Even more so if you flipped your lid 'after' your midnight chat with cordia in her office. She even says she understands.

So tell me wtf is going on then darling! But no...our her MC just goe's off to bed and forgets all about it the day after....and just blindly goes about his business...meekly doing whataver and accepting it all.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Last episode pretty much proves with from Antonio's speech. The fact they constantly mention your importance. The fact they let you live and interact with the family and know there's been 4 attempts on your life...

How many clues do you need to know they need/want you alive? So therefore, you have some leeway in what you can get away with. Even more so if you flipped your lid 'after' your midnight chat with cordia in her office. She even says she understands.

Sotell me wtf is going on then darling! But no...our her MC just goe's off to bed and forgets all about it the day after....
An object can be important for you. Have a huge price value. You will do much to keep it safe. But if that object is a danger towards yourself. You will remove the object.
(Mc is the object and the danger is lose of respect, honor, status, etc.)

Now, again, I do not say that they need him alive or not and the above example is in no way explains the reason for why mc is at the house. Just an example.
All I say is that you can't draw any conclusion as of yet and then make a post that makes any claim about stuff like it's a fact.

Also, just to make it clear. I hope you don't feel like I am attacking your view. Just me trying to explain it from my point of view, heh! I of course respect your post and view.

Sadly, I cant go too deeply into this as i am afraid I am threading into spoiler terrority.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes