Aaron2589

Nov 22, 2019
Does anyone know how i start the contract since i haven't played in a long time i can't remember how i done it but speaking to wilfred there is no option about contract or on the laptop and after each mission it says i'm eligible but no event

HELP

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Does anyone know how i start the contract since i haven't played in a long time i can't remember how i done it but speaking to wilfred there is no option about contract or on the laptop and after each mission it says i'm eligible but no event

HELP
Generally you start contracts by talking to Wilfred and choosing "work", then contracts. Exceptions: the promotion event isn't under contracts but events, and sometimes you have to choose "talk" first to get updated.

Aaron2589

Nov 22, 2019
Generally you start contracts by talking to Wilfred and choosing "work", then contracts. Exceptions: the promotion event isn't under contracts but events, and sometimes you have to choose "talk" first to get updated.
I can't continue story 5 the proud fazio without doing one of the main events which the first one is " The Contract" in the journal, i've spoken to wilfred many times nothing changes. i remember doing this ages ago having the same issue but can't remember what i done

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I can't continue story 5 the proud fazio without doing one of the main events which the first one is " The Contract" in the journal, i've spoken to wilfred many times nothing changes. i remember doing this ages ago having the same issue but can't remember what i done
(a) Click on Wilfred, choose "talk" - I don't remember the precise topic, but probably something with "contract" in it. If in doubt, ask him everything.
(b) Now you should automatically be reading a bit of the book you've gotten every night before going to sleep (I think it was three times) So you'll need to spend some time.
(c) Once the dialogue indicates you finished the book, go back to Wilfred, "talk", then choose the new topic.

Aaron2589

Nov 22, 2019
The book which you study is gained as part of the story. You study it as an attempt to find out more about the contract you are bound by.
You study it automatically, when you go to sleep, each night for 3 nights.
Have you met Blackie?
I have not met Blackie

Aaron2589

Nov 22, 2019
I've just started a new game and it has come up straight away i don't know if it was a bug or something but it seems i have to start again

Flopbacccc

Mar 24, 2021
I just started a new game, and I'm trying to do the first contract from Wilfred, "Nimble Fingers" but every time I Interact with something the game just freezes and I can't do anything. It wont let me continue the dialogue, I can't move, and It wont let me finish or leave the mission. The only way it will let me out is if I abort the mission. Anybody know how to fix?

Flopbacccc

Mar 24, 2021
I just started a new game, and I'm trying to do the first contract from Wilfred, "Nimble Fingers" but every time I Interact with something the game just freezes and I can't do anything. It wont let me continue the dialogue, I can't move, and It wont let me finish or leave the mission. The only way it will let me out is if I abort the mission. Anybody know how to fix?
Everytime I start the contract, I go to the east furthest square to pet the dog. As soon as I click interact and pet the dog the screen just stays the same and doesnt change. I can't walk anymore and get any more dialogue. The only thing I am able to do is abort missoin.

Jul 20, 2020
You should go living room at noon (or afternoon, cant remember exactly) to see Gracie-Luna fight and get grounded. The event triggered by Gracie making fun of Luna because she said maybe she can try to wear high heels.
Yeah, did all that, I've played through the entire game up to 6.2 already, since my older saves aren't compatible I have to play through again. Last time, after that scene I could buy the shoes and dress on the laptop, that options isn't available anymore and no more events happen for Luna.

cantundonexttime

Jan 21, 2020
Code:
Could not import renpy.bootstrap. Please ensure you decompressed Ren'Py
correctly, preserving the directory structure.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/games/The_DeLuca_Family-0.07.2-pc/lib/linux-x86_64/../../The_DeLuca_Family.py", line 198, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/user/games/The_DeLuca_Family-0.07.2-pc/lib/linux-x86_64/../../The_DeLuca_Family.py", line 188, in main
    import renpy.bootstrap
  File "/home/user/games/The_DeLuca_Family-0.07.2-pc/renpy/__init__.py", line 56, in <module>
    from renpy.compat import *
  File "/home/user/games/The_DeLuca_Family-0.07.2-pc/renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 59, in <module>
    import future.standard_library
ImportError: No module named future.standard_library

Reactions: Angelsong

Anthaeus

Dec 9, 2018
After reading the last few pages, I see a lot of comments about translations, ports and a cheat mod. I'm not directing this post at anyone in particular, just making some general points that I suggest people consider.

This game is developed by one person, HopesGaming. He "works" on this game as a part time hobby, and as he is Danish he lives in a country with a very high cost of living. This means he needs to give priority to his day job if he want's to do minor things like eat, wear clothes and have somewhere to sleep. He is also a person and not a collection of pixels on the internet, and he will spend some of his free time doing something other than working on this particular hobby.

All of the translations and platform ports made for this game so far have been the work of fans of the game, and these are made at peoples own pace if they want to make them at all. By all means make a request for a translation or port, but if someone makes one you want, please consider saying "Thank you" instead of complaining about delays and/or bugs in their work. It's fine to say "Thanks, but xxxxx happens when i do xxxxxx.", but eventually complaining will just annoy the translator to the point where they can't be bothered to continue the work.

Also, IF you chose to use the cheat patch that is now available, please bear in mind that using a patch like this, (the same as most other walkthrough/cheat mods), usually makes your saves incompatible with any new versions of the game at least until the patch is updated, and as the patch is created by a fan of the game there is no guarantee that it will be updated quickly or even at all.

Hav en dejlig dag, drageelskere. (sorry for the google translate hopes)

brspn

Apr 29, 2020
Code:
Could not import renpy.bootstrap. Please ensure you decompressed Ren'Py
correctly, preserving the directory structure.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/games/The_DeLuca_Family-0.07.2-pc/lib/linux-x86_64/../../The_DeLuca_Family.py", line 198, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/user/games/The_DeLuca_Family-0.07.2-pc/lib/linux-x86_64/../../The_DeLuca_Family.py", line 188, in main
    import renpy.bootstrap
  File "/home/user/games/The_DeLuca_Family-0.07.2-pc/renpy/__init__.py", line 56, in <module>
    from renpy.compat import *
  File "/home/user/games/The_DeLuca_Family-0.07.2-pc/renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 59, in <module>
    import future.standard_library
ImportError: No module named future.standard_library
I got the same error. It starts fine under Wine (before encountering a separate error), so this error appears to be specific to the Linux executables.

Last edited:

BobN290

Sep 5, 2019
Is there anything new in 7.2? I loaded it and went from my last save. The Journal entry shows nothing new to do. Am I missing something?

I got a "Header Error" message when unzipping the file. Anyone else get that?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 497 Votes