Sep 3, 2019
But ain't there's other lewd games in steam? Or it is just me?
This game has loli-like main character, rape, sexual abuse, literally every big that will triggered every western SJW that dwelling Steam censorship board.

If even just a ripping cloth game mechanics like the one in Duel Princess (which doesn't even featuring full nude) gets the game banned in Steam, this game will be shred to pieces upon only seeing the the screen shot.

The only way this game can survive Steam censorship is to make Ricca literally a granny, remove the clothes ripping mechanics, remove body customization, and completely remove any traces of events and H-events. And pray that Steam doesn't even looked at the devs listing on DLsite.

handlnerd

Jan 20, 2019
You CAN die from a specific attack to unlock the h-scenes, but it is not required. You can blitz through the stage flawlessly with all your lives intact. Then after clearing the stage, while at the stage select screen, you can hover your mouse cursor over the ??????? and click on it to unlock the h-scene.
Fuck me sideways I was regoing through every level and unlocking them, wish I knew this earlier.

Sep 3, 2019
Sometimes there's a crack in the armor, and some games slip through. It's a very rare case. There might be someone in the board who still have some senses and gives green light, but for 99,99999% of the times games like Ricca's will be rejected AND banned.

Evalone

Aug 26, 2018

There's enough cracks in that armor that it's worth a try. And if not steam then gog.
Those 2 games do not look like they let you literally customize the female character to the height, size and body shape of a loli.

Thanks for the detailed explanations. I tried using XUnity.AutoTranslator but it gave no results, the final translation folder just doesn't appear.
Same results here, no dice.
I scanned data.unity3d with AssetStudio and found no text files or similar, only textures, models and the usual.
Maybe you should replace the files in the Language folder of the same game versions, not different ones, to discard if the text files are there.
Hmm, so I guessed wrong; you have my thanks for helping to verify(y)
Just a small update: Tried what you suggested, using the Lang folders from same game versions, still no dice; Same results, UI is translated, with dialogue still untranslated.
P.S. If you feel up to it, you can refresh and check your quoted post again, for a potential workaround to the situation.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019

There's enough cracks in that armor that it's worth a try. And if not steam then gog.
As much as I wish for the devs to be success financially I'd be prefer them to stay in JP store so they don't sell their soul to the devil. I'm pretty sure GOG will have same story like Steam. Only way to reach western shore is through western H game publisher like Jastusa, Nutaku, Mangagamer etc. Even then those publisher themselves also shrouded in controversy, and that's why I prefer them to stay at JP store front. I wish them to stay true to their artistic freedom while still reaping profit for their hard works.

Also they can still offer it in EN version by hiring pro EN translator. Mogura soft themselves already said (in their most recent blog post) that they will hire pro translator for their latest update. Here's what they said
In the English version, machine translation is used for the text added in this update. Therefore, there may be some unnatural parts in the text.
We are planning to ask a professional translator to re-translate the text in future updates, so we hope you will bear with us.

maximovich

May 20, 2019
Conclusion from trying to replace JAP v1.0.5 language files with ENG v1.0.3 language files:

To be exact, the files in these sub-folders are only the translated language files for the User Interface;
ENG Version 1.0.3: Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\StreamingAssets\Language\en
JAP Version 1.0.5: Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\StreamingAssets\Lang\ja

To get a Version 1.0.5 with ENG User Interface, and JAP game dialogue:
I overwrote the contents inside Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\StreamingAssets\Lang\ja for JAP Version 1.0.5, with the contents of Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\StreamingAssets\Language\en from ENG Version 1.0.3.

Game story dialogue/H scene dialogue is definitely not included in there, and contained elsewhere.
After overwriting the contents of the ADV Folder/ACB Files/AWB Files under Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\StreamingAssets for JAP 1.0.5 with the contents from ENG 1.0.3, and failing to notice any change;
I suspect this file, which is NOT replaceable, contains the translated dialogue:
Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\data.unity3d
If my guess is correct, short of unpacking that file from ENG 1.0.3 to extract the dialogue content, and repack the extracted dialogue content into the same file from JAP 1.0.5, there would be no other way to get official translated ENG game dialogue for 1.0.5, other than get the official copy of ENG 1.0.5.
I scanned data.unity3d with AssetStudio and found no text files or similar, only textures, models and the usual.
Maybe you should replace the files in the Language folder of the same game versions, not different ones, to discard if the text files are there.

maximovich

May 20, 2019
Hmm, so I guessed wrong; you have my thanks for helping to verify(y)
Just a small update: Tried what you suggested, using the Lang folders from same game versions, still no dice; Same results, UI is translated, with dialogue still untranslated.
P.S. If you feel up to it, you can refresh and check your quoted post again, for a potential workaround to the situation.
Have you tried swapping this folder?
HolyKnightRicca\Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\StreamingAssets\ADV
The size of the files is suspiciously low, it could be.

I have not been able to open these files with any program
sharedassets5.resource
sharedassets6.resource

Last edited:

Water Master

Aug 19, 2018
I have the 1.01 version uncensored, just tried to patch 1.03 and the game either doesn't start or it closes in task manager, window never gets to appear. Is it possible to patch 1.03?

inlolzwetrust

Jan 3, 2018
I have the 1.01 version uncensored, just tried to patch 1.03 and the game either doesn't start or it closes in task manager, window never gets to appear. Is it possible to patch 1.03?
if you download 1.03 from op you'll have to extract files from data.unity3d with an updated . I personally used the one for net framework 4.7.2. Older AS version will corrupt the files and game will crash at startup.
After you extract the files you'll have to rename data.unity3d to data.unity3d.bak or simply delete it.
Move the extracted files to ..\Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data
Make a backup of globalgamemanagers.assets
Replace it with

Reactions: Water Master

Water Master

Aug 19, 2018
Okay, I'll try, but last time AssetStudio either crashed or took a really long time processing (if it was processing at all) back when I tried patching 1.0 that way

Water Master

Aug 19, 2018
Nah, it AssetStudio crashes and gives an exception whenever I try to extract, hopefully someone will eventually post a link to the latest working uncensored version, in the meantime I still have to finish 1.0

4.50 star(s) 105 Votes