Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Vanderer I like many others couldn't load my save from 12a to 13 or 14, thinking that maybe the save had corrupted or something I restarted and skipped through everything to get to the end having chose the same options, and again it wouldn't transfer the save.
I included my save as I know you would need it to check for the cause of the issue, and I can verify I saved it at the point where it says to.
That save works perfectly for me. Tried it with the latest version, and version 13a. Also tried it with part1 and it works too...

When you say it doesn't load, what do you mean exactly?

alakanom

Aug 22, 2021
guys my textbox gone desapire in spa scene after cinthia sallow it and say all gone skipping wont work ether what is its priblem?

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
That save works perfectly for me. Tried it with the latest version, and version 13a. Also tried it with part1 and it works too...

When you say it doesn't load, what do you mean exactly?
The 13 and 14 releases both say that there is no save, and that I have to play the 1st part, before I can play the newer versions, it refuses to allow me to use that save when I start 13 or 14.
We try the whole click Start to import the save from the previous version, and it says "Nope you havent played the first part, play that then you can play this."

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
In Mediaeval times until before sometime in 1900s it meant be happy, so apparently isn't what you or DMon1981 think (seems to have nothing to do with Athagan drinking mead, just the original term). If you've ever read older children's books (like 1930s to '50s Rupert Bear) or seen older cartoons (like The Flintstones) or heard/sung older Christmas carols (like Deck The Halls) they use the term this way.
I was going to say the same, but thought it more appropriate to make a joke as I believed that was also the intention of who I responded to.

Like your avatar by the way. (y)

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
The 13 and 14 releases both say that there is no save, and that I have to play the 1st part, before I can play the newer versions, it refuses to allow me to use that save when I start 13 or 14.
We try the whole click Start to import the save from the previous version, and it says "Nope you havent played the first part, play that then you can play this."

have you played v13 before?

if not make sure you saved v12 on the "save now" screen Then in in v13 (or now v14) "load"(not start) the save from v12 to start chapter 2

Reactions: Haast

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Did you try to "load" a save? You don't start part 2 by using "new game", but by loading the save from part1.

Reactions: Haast

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018

if not make sure you saved v12 on the "save now" screen Then in in v13 (or now v14) "load"(not start) the save from v12 to start chapter 2
still dont work went back to v12 and saved when prompted same as 13 still get error msgs save wont work

STATE_

Nov 14, 2021
I am curious why does agathan fight some of Mcs battles is because mc to strong or its just the Father figure in him to do so

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I am curious why does agathan fight some of Mcs battles is because mc to strong or its just the Father figure in him to do so
not sure about what battle's agathan has fought for him but he most definitely see himself as a father figure for the mc and so does the MC ( its stated by both during the adoption and marriage proposal to avila)

Haast

Mar 19, 2018

Thank you, this is the first time anyone has actually written out that instruction, usually games require you to "Start" the update, and it imports the save, this is the first time I have seen a game do it this way, and yes that works perfectly.
[PS: Typed this then didnt realise it didnt send, and had a full xmas day away from home...]

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Thank you, this is the first time anyone has actually written out that instruction, usually games require you to "Start" the update, and it imports the save, this is the first time I have seen a game do it this way, and yes that works perfectly.
[PS: Typed this then didnt realise it didnt send, and had a full xmas day away from home...]
yes, i think some people might next the extra info on how to start chapter 2

maybe Vanderer can make a footnote in the download post underneath "This is part 2. If you are a new player, please download part 1 below. If you are a returning one, your save should be transfered autmotically, as long as you saved at the end of part 1, when it asks you to.
"
on how to do it properly for anyone who still might have issue's

• Haha
Reactions: Vanderer and Haast

STATE_

Nov 14, 2021
not sure about what battle's agathan has fought for him but he most definitely see himself as a father figure for the mc and so does the MC ( its stated by both during the adoption and marriage proposal to avila)
I know the Mc see him as a father figure but avila bestfriend mc knocked her dad out then they told agathan about the dad wanting his daughter i just dont see why the Mc couldn't handle the situation without agathan i know the girls are bestfriends and he knew her and all but couldnt the mc just took care of the situation without agathan

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I'd say it's mostly because Athagan knows how to deal with certain situations whereas MC tends to let his anger get the better of him before thinking

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I know the Mc see him as a father figure but avila bestfriend mc knocked her dad out then they told agathan about the dad wanting his daughter i just dont see why the Mc couldn't handle the situation without agathan i know the girls are bestfriends and he knew her and all but couldnt the mc just took care of the situation without agathan
It's going to be dad (for now) who holds the power to administer justice - in the queen's name ofc. Best to see this kind of thing done right if it has to be done at all. :(

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
That's not actually what happened.

MC knocked the guy out, but then he and Liliana left, saying they'd never do business with them again. That was the extent of what MC felt needed to be done.

It wasn't until they talked with Avila and realized there was more of a problem, one that could be criminal, that they then went to the LORD OF THE REALM and got him involved ... because that's HIS job.

The MC is not the ruler, so he shouldn't be doing something like that on his own.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
That's not actually what happened.

MC knocked the guy out, but then he and Liliana left, saying they'd never do business with them again. That was the extent of what MC felt needed to be done.

It wasn't until they talked with Avila and realized there was more of a problem, one that could be criminal, that they then went to the LORD OF THE REALM and got him involved ... because that's HIS job.

The MC is not the ruler, so he shouldn't be doing something like that on his own.
That, and Liliana took over and called for her husband. Miriella is close to the family, and dear to both of them, so she had to warn him.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well if anyone is wondering where to find the Renpy system saves, they are located in (...appdata/roaming/RenPy/Thescionofthedragon-1646281579) It's not labelled as TFS, as I had thought. It was a bitch of a time locating my old saves, so I could delete them and do another clean playthrough.

4.40 star(s) 48 Votes