sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Ren'py multi-path games before trying NLT RPG games
It's not about NLTs work... RPGMaker is like this... but those who play NLTs games should know AT LEAST this much otherwise.... welp see this thread ^ :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:
So when players get blocked when others don't most likely problem is game play not game itself unless player is following proven route using walkthrough, say, in which case could be faulty update. :confused: I don't use walkthroughs so when I got stuck always due to steps taken in wrong order. (y)
Welp I really do hope you are not insinuating mejoress being a " proven route walkthrough " coz it's fucked up shit... either go with the official hand holder guide from GREG87 or someone who makes a good video walkthrough like DD69-1 and knows what he's doing :whistle:

BTW: this mystery ( ??? o_O ) about NLTs or not NLTs RPG game and playing it out of order... you did not have to play it for long ( 3rd update IIRC where there was a meeting in the forest ) and it was clear as day that following the oracle to the letter is the only way to push through this game... but if someone like to play the bad motherfucker and don't wanna heed the games advise then at least they shouldn't cry here for help when they are fucking up their own game deliberately ! :p

• Red Heart
Reactions: DD69-1

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
It is sad that so many "pseudo-riddles" now just have the player pick up items or activate switches in the "not visible" part of the map (usually hidden behind large objects due to player's angle of view but not the mc's). In a 3D game the player would just rotate the map and have full view of the previously hidden regions. Even if the region would be in the dark, most games provide portable light from torches and pocket lamps, so the mc could eluminate those dark regions.

Furthermore usually the game is navigated by mouse, however in these "not visible" regions it is often better to use the arrow keys to pick up items. I encountered many situations where it was impossible to get items per mouse while one "arrow key" stroke was enough.

This is bad design in a otherwise good game.

• Haha
Reactions: AJSHR

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
Why is that a bad design? You aren't playing 3d here - that's what you have to keep in mind. You cannot think of a entirely different engine and stuff and demand the same from a 1 person top down view game.

AJSHR

Jan 12, 2019
It is sad that so many "pseudo-riddles" now just have the player pick up items or activate switches in the "not visible" part of the map (usually hidden behind large objects due to player's angle of view but not the mc's). In a 3D game the player would just rotate the map and have full view of the previously hidden regions. Even if the region would be in the dark, most games provide portable light from torches and pocket lamps, so the mc could eluminate those dark regions.

Furthermore usually the game is navigated by mouse, however in these "not visible" regions it is often better to use the arrow keys to pick up items. I encountered many situations where it was impossible to get items per mouse while one "arrow key" stroke was enough.

This is bad design in a otherwise good game.
You know it is an RPGM 2D game, right? You bringing the 3D defeats all the points you are making right there. Heck the first tag is the 2D game.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Why is that a bad design? You aren't playing 3d here - that's what you have to keep in mind. You cannot think of a entirely different engine and stuff and demand the same from a 1 person top down view game.
As I mentioned in my previous post :
1. "Placing" items behind bigger objects so that they are not visible is not an interesting or intelligent or creative riddle design. There were better riddles in the past. Searching for not visible items is more an annoying interruption in an otherwise mostly kinetic novel like game.
2. Most players probably use the mouse to move mc in the game, however in those hidden areas it is almost impossible to pick up some of the items using the mouse. (Using the arrow keys helped.) So these "pseudo" riddles do not even work well with the suggested way of moving in the game.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023
It's not about NLTs work... RPGMaker is like this... but those who play NLTs games should know AT LEAST this much otherwise.... welp see this thread ^ :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:

Welp I really do hope you are not insinuating mejoress being a " proven route walkthrough " coz it's fucked up shit... either go with the official hand holder guide from GREG87 or someone who makes a good video walkthrough like DD69-1 and knows what he's doing :whistle:

BTW: this mystery ( ??? o_O ) about NLTs or not NLTs RPG game and playing it out of order... you did not have to play it for long ( 3rd update IIRC where there was a meeting in the forest ) and it was clear as day that following the oracle to the letter is the only way to push through this game... but if someone like to play the bad motherfucker and don't wanna heed the games advise then at least they shouldn't cry here for help when they are fucking up their own game deliberately ! :p
I am pretty sure NLT said that tasks in TGO could be played in any order before game was released last year. (y) For me this was misleading because you can't, or I can't, just wander about doing your own thing without risking continuity problems later on. :rolleyes: I dont use walkthroughs so can't say how good or bad they are. o_O NLT has a certain style which, once you know it, makes playing through a chapter pretty easy there being only a small number of places in the game to explore. I wonder sometimes why people don't use a search engine online to find the meanings of things, e.g., when I saw the word "skyrise" I looked it up on the web, saw that it meant "A very tall building; a high-rise", and straightaway went to Channel 4 tower which is the tallest building on the map. :) The game isn't difficult and with two-weekly updates no need to rush. For novice having to walk MC blindly into and around inside walls to find objects might confuse as also places where objects, not always easy to see, have been placed, or hidden, so no wonder beginners ask questions so often and are puzzled. :cautious: Game is very well done but seems a smaller and lesser game than TON but addictive anyway and fun if not taken seriously. ;)

Reactions: sixart

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Game is very well done but seems a smaller and lesser game than TON but addictive anyway and fun if not taken seriously. ;)
Well technically it's a couple of years later after ToN was set in motion so graphical evolution is a given but as a whole game I still think LE was far superior to the latter two :whistle: Smaller definitely not... lesser definitely :LOL:
so no wonder beginners ask questions so often and are puzzled. :cautious:
It is absolutely wonderous how ( especially beginners !!! ) can have so many unwarranted questions instead of playing the game and mapping out how it works :oops: That their questions are puzzled might have something to do with the " skyrise " issue... BTW : is that such an uncommon rare expression ? :eek:

Last edited:

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I am pretty sure NLT said that tasks in TGO could be played in any order before game was released last year.
That is actually one of the first ingame hints when starting a new game. There are several quest marks "!" on the map and it doesn't matter in which order they are visited and solved. (That is actually easy to program, just check that all preconditions are fulfilled before unlocking the next chapter of the story.)
I played up to end of current content (75% progress) and rarely used the oracle and I did not run into any continuity problems.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Skyscraper.
High-rise.

Nope, no context clues there whatsoever, even if you've never heard the term. Which isn't surprising since it's not an American-English word (officially).
I'm wavering between sarcasm and joke but just can't wrap my finger around it... anyhow :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZenGarden

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
It is absolutely wonderous how ( especially beginners !!! ) can have so many unwarranted questions instead of playing the game and mapping out how it works :oops: That their questions are puzzled might have something to do with the " skyrise " issue... BTW : is that such an uncommon rare expression ? :eek:
Honestly, I have lived in multiple major English-speaking metropolises all over the world, all my life, always with construction cranes coming out of the ground everywhere, and I have never heard of "skyrise" until this game. "High rise", I've lived in many. "Skyscraper", I've lived in them too. So yes, it just might be a local conflation of those 2 terms in your region and is rather uncommon elsewhere.

NotSoBadWolf

Apr 14, 2023
In hell during the last update, doing the 3 switch 2 boulder puzzle with Ella, I get the 2 boulders each on a switch, then standing on one makes a click sound but otherwise does nothing.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
In hell during the last update, doing the 3 switch 2 boulder puzzle with Ella, I get the 2 boulders each on a switch, then standing on one makes a click sound but otherwise does nothing.
That's because it's a more than 3 switch 2 boulder puzzle.

And before you ask me how is it more, read my reply again very carefully. There's a big clue right in it.

• Haha
Reactions: Petzl

Aiden619

Jan 7, 2021
It might be you have not taken steps needed in the right order and hit a dead end. This has happened to me twice, e.g., in previous chapter I went to Heather's house first, before told to, then carried on with game and later was told girls were waiting at Heather's and when I go to Heather's place is empty. Replayed following oracle instrustions and all was well. Best thing would be to begin the chapter again and follow the angel instructions to the letter... go to warehouse, go to police station etc. If you visit loactions out of order you can get stuck. Maybe you have done this without knowing. :unsure:
I have been always following Oracle. It was her who said something is in the west wing. I got the lunch tried to go upstairs but was stopped. Played in a different manner the same thing happened.‍♂‍♂

3.70 star(s) 230 Votes