sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Turns out that if you cheat for example keys over the current amount that the game has it won't let you open chests for example :)
Turns out NLT caved in to folks and removed the restriction with 07012... and onward... although I would set up traps here and there to fuck up the game if you alter variables... probably he made something about it too :p So for now you can get a haxed state with all stats at heaven above but at a later point it could ( or would :devilish: ) bite you in the ass ;) So careful with altering ! :LOL:
Where are the save files located for this game on your pc ?
Yes :p

Kestis_01

Nov 22, 2020
Turns out NLT caved in to folks and removed the restriction with 07012... and onward... although I would set up traps here and there to fuck up the game if you alter variables... probably he made something about it too :p So for now you can get a haxed state with all stats at heaven above but at a later point it could ( or would :devilish: ) bite you in the ass ;) So careful with altering ! :LOL:

I mean where are the save files located?

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020

he probably reverted because it backfired: I was a "victim" of this restriction and I didn't touch the save files nor anything: I just grinded quite a bit of money selling stuff to the warehouse guy, because I hate having "money problems". And most likely I wasn't the only one.

The problem with anti-cheat systems is that they can easily create more problems than those they "solve". If not carefully and thoroughly though through they backfire all the times, as history has shown many and many times.

While they can make sense on online games, limitations on a single player game are just gonna be in the way of everybody that has a "game strategy" that has not been foreseen, even if legit. And good luck predicting all the "out of the box" ways people will take to have their fun.
On top of this putting them on a game in-the-making is just silly: either you already know every single bit you're gonna implement, every step, every possible variable combination at every possible stage, or they're gonna cause troubles.
And if you know all of that, it means you're done with all the coding, testing, etc. and have a complete game.

Don't like people buying all the house stuff as soon as you put them in the shop to get them out of the way? Just don't put them in the shop!
Don't like people "playing their own way"? Just make a visual novel.

Hopefully he's not gonna try that silly move again.

hchinaski

May 1, 2017
I've been trying to play this game for the last two versions and it always freezes in the intro. Like the video freezes but the audio continues and then I can't progress any further. Any idea why this could be happening?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
he probably reverted because it backfired: I was a "victim" of this restriction and I didn't touch the save files nor anything: I just grinded quite a bit of money selling stuff to the warehouse guy, because I hate having "money problems". And most likely I wasn't the only one.

The problem with anti-cheat systems is that they can easily create more problems than those they "solve". If not carefully and thoroughly though through they backfire all the times, as history has shown many and many times.

While they can make sense on online games, limitations on a single player game are just gonna be in the way of everybody that has a "game strategy" that has not been foreseen, even if legit. And good luck predicting all the "out of the box" ways people will take to have their fun.
On top of this putting them on a game in-the-making is just silly: either you already know every single bit you're gonna implement, every step, every possible variable combination at every possible stage, or they're gonna cause troubles.
And if you know all of that, it means you're done with all the coding, testing, etc. and have a complete game.

Don't like people buying all the house stuff as soon as you put them in the shop to get them out of the way? Just don't put them in the shop!

You seem mad NLT does stuff to cockblock hax and cheaters. Too bad he doesn't give a flying F about what you want and/or cry about in here. He'll keep doing the same thing going forward, even more so if it triggers you. Also, good luck convincing him to do anything by whining in this thread .......
I've been trying to play this game for the last two versions and it always freezes in the intro. Like the video freezes but the audio continues and then I can't progress any further. Any idea why this could be happening?
Go to options and put video to low quality or stop playing on a phone. Might also wanna update your codecs (K-lite or CCCP)

Reactions: hchinaski

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
You seem mad NLT does stuff to cockblock hax and cheaters. Too bad he doesn't give a flying F about what you want and/or cry about in here. He'll keep doing the same thing going forward, even more so if it triggers you. Also, good luck convincing him to do anything by whining in this thread .......
i'm not mad, lol, and I well know this thread has zero weight, and that's very right.
I just tend to get frustrated by unnecessary bugs introduced by unnecessary code/decisions as been old as I am I just witnessed too many time how these things just get in the way. Nothing more.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
i'm not mad, lol, and I well know this thread has zero weight, and that's very right.
I just tend to get frustrated by unnecessary bugs introduced by unnecessary code/decisions as been old as I am I just witnessed too many time how these things just get in the way. Nothing more.
But then you go into the ToN thread and witness all the haxers who saveedit'd themselves too much $ early have a complete meltdown when Madalyn vanished on them. You then take a few hours laughing at them, especially after the 1st few times bigbrain people told them not to do it, they still do it and still crap out their game. NLT is just there to catch lamers who think themselves better than him and fuck their game. Pure genius dev

• Wow
Reactions: 44Tom

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
But then you go into the ToN thread and witness all the haxers who saveedit'd themselves too much $ early have a complete meltdown when Madalyn vanished on them. You then take a few hours laughing at them, especially after the 1st few times bigbrain people told them not to do it, they still do it and still crap out their game. NLT is just there to catch lamers who think themselves better than him and fuck their game. Pure genius dev
it's one thing to tinker with the save data, it's another one just playing.
The Madalyn thing happened to those that tinkered with the save file. In his case it's happening to those that simply play in a way that wasn't foreseen. Which is more likely the reason why that limitation was rolled back.

I played in the same way in TON and never got any problem. This time I was actually planning to just collect all the key and open all the chests at then end. I clicked on a chest by chance and thought to have stumbled in a bug :LOL: which would be totally fine for the 3rd release of a game.

In all honesty if the limitation wasn't rolled back I would have just waited for 2 years and go read the end of the story directly in the source files. I just got "hooked up" in the mystical story behind it and wanna see where it's gonna go.

If I had tinkered with the save file, I would just have opened the js files, look at the code, and worked my way around it knowing what I did without even thinking about checking on a forum for a possible bug.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021

I would not say it backfired I think he just took the easy way out ( and at the same time the sneaky one :sneaky: :devilish: ) He revoked the restriction which was placed there to hinder players to possibly fuck their own game up... which could have been solved otherwise as well... just sticking to the number restriction as much chests there are in the game ! ( for instance now it was 2... but if you edited one and later picked it up then you would have overstepped the limit so game goes to shit :KEK: ) Doing this the genie is out of the bottle and noodles will melt their game inevitably sooner or later... whether this is the right step or not... he made his decision though I doubt there are no other countermeasures in place :LOL:

I agree on the problem solutions can be tricky where I disagree is this " strategic play "... these games were and still are straightforward linear games... nothing you can do outside the given tasks ( grinding is not a factor here... your reward is money and consumable items as you spent more time with the game... although it's senseless since the game provides you with plenty enough resources to get 100% on each and every single updates ! :eek: )

If he does not put in house upgrades into the shop before they are needed then you have nothing to think about what requirements the booty calls have you would just buy them as they get available and guess what :eek: they would be needed for the said booty calls :LOL: Though it's not rocket science a well-known member already pointed it out that this gets posted in this thread so there should be NO expectations ! :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

Like this one...
Any Mac heroes out there with a Mac version to post??
OP FAQ section tells you how to make a Mac and cheese version out of Windows ! But I take it sitting and waiting for a wonder to happen is much more comfortable then merging 2 folders :LOL:

unnecessary bugs
The bug part was an easily avoidable one you only had to play the game... an update a key a KS page... CAN'T FIND IT ??? The given tasks lead you there and if you did not pay enough attention you still can get it out of the randos running around in North Santiva...

Which is more likely the reason why that limitation was rolled back.
Told you before this was the easy way out opening the opportunity for cheaters... the " bug " was not resolved :LOL:
If I had tinkered with the save file, I would just have opened the js files, look at the code, and worked my way around it knowing what I did without even thinking about checking on a forum for a possible bug.
This is exactly what was not possible before this... and now it is ! :KEK: Good luck to the noodles... guess they will need it ! :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Qtypical98

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
I agree on the problem solutions can be tricky where I disagree is this " strategic play "... these games were and still are straightforward linear games... nothing you can do outside the given tasks ( grinding is not a factor here... your reward is money and consumable items as you spent more time with the game... although it's senseless since the game provides you with plenty enough resources to get 100% on each and every single updates ! :eek: )

If he does not put in house upgrades into the shop before they are needed then you have nothing to think about what requirements the booty calls have you would just buy them as they get available and guess what :eek: they would be needed for the said booty calls :LOL: Though it's not rocket science a well-known member already pointed it out that this gets posted in this thread so there should be NO expectations ! :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

Told you before this was the easy way out opening the opportunity for cheaters... the " bug " was not resolved :LOL:

This is exactly what was not possible before this... and now it is ! :KEK: Good luck to the noodles... guess they will need it ! :p
LOL, idk if I messed up my english or what but just for sake of clearness:
- I didn't change the save files
- I didn't add more keys
- I just had the 2 keys
- I raked up the money to buy everything possible in the shop
- The game locked

My "strategy" is simply that I don't particularly enjoy going back and forth. With a new update I just go straight to the shop, buy everything new/possible and then go for my marry way. For instance when I got to the gym I already have the shirt and shoes.

May I know what would be so wrong in playing this way that would make me fall in a cheat trap? Because that's what happened and why my working theory on the roll back is that it wasn't an "easy way out", but the code was not refined enough and it hit people that wasn't supposed to be hit. Which, at the end of the day, it's my whole and only point.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
May I know what would be so wrong in playing this way that would make me fall in a cheat trap?
You should not have... and I never said that YOU cheated ! My Engrish must be bad as well :KEK:

You have the two key in version 07 which is good what the bug part is that if you have 2 keys ( so you did not opened up a chest before ) you get stuck just the same as you would have been editing the variables for it... I would not say " it was not refined enough " I would say this was an amateur hour fuck up :KEK: but oh well shit happens ! :ROFLMAO:

HIS solution was to erase all restrictions on chest keys ( cheaters paradise )
ANOTHER or better solution would have been just to fix the available keys number... ( and then you still could not cheat... :p )

But now you can :LOL:

---

Although you mention it you don't enjoy going back and forth... isn't this what is called as mandatory game tasks ? :oops::LOL: An update like this is over in 10 minutes if you replay it 3-4 minutes... no grinding needed the game gives you enough ;)

Last edited:

BDI

May 23, 2017
When will we be able to obtain an axe or a saw in order to penetrate deeper into the forest?

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Thank you for you opinion. But I said normally when you finish a request, that mark disappears but it stays remain over character. This was confused me.
For crafting, it's my opinion, whether you sell it or not TGO will certainly provide another alternative for silver statue. Maybe this item will not be necessary. Anyway, this is a sandbox game and you can do everything without an order. I love these type of games more than others.
The mark remains because you are meant to search both trees out front, so you find the chest key hidden at the other tree.

Just sell the statue. Contrary to what sixart said, it is actually worth a lot at this stage in the game -- at least a nifty $800, more with Int 1. It is meant be a source of large income at this early stage in the game, so you don't have to grind for artifacts in the forest.

3.70 star(s) 234 Votes