Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
It's not really. I mean, yes, in the game it is. But 666 is a mistranslation. The actual number, as written in the earliest surviving Greek version of Revelations, is 616.
Technically it's not a mistranslation, but a textual variant, meaning that one or the other appeared in different manuscripts. But whatever you want to call it, most biblical and archeological scholars today agree that 666 is the correct one, even though the earliest surviving manuscript (papyrus fragment P115) has 616. In fact the church has been aware of this textual variation since around the late 1st Century / early 2nd Century.

Reactions: michaelstvincent

BDI

May 23, 2017
The chest key is in Kimberly's room on Channel 4, lower right corner of the room.
No it isn't, at least on my copy, and I have downloaded two copies, one from MEGA and one from Workupload, neither one had the key.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
No it isn't, at least on my copy, and I have downloaded two copies, one from MEGA and one from Workupload, neither one had the key.
It's in the game, just not in your save, even if you download every versison in the OP. It won't pop-up until you progress far enough into the story and the randos on the street tell you about it ........ You know the basis of progression is to have stuff appear in steps and not just dump everything at once the moment you hit "new game"

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
It is there, you probably missed it or either did something in the wrong order to be more clear in order to avoid misunderstanding here's a screenshot where you need to look at, you need to pick the key after the interview with Kimberly. :)
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 21.55.30.jpg

lolX234

Apr 29, 2022
Technically it's not a mistranslation, but a textual variant, meaning that one or the other appeared in different manuscripts. But whatever you want to call it, most biblical and archeological scholars today agree that 666 is the correct one, even though the earliest surviving manuscript (papyrus fragment P115) has 616. In fact the church has been aware of this textual variation since around the late 1st Century / early 2nd Century.
This is not the type of conversation I expected to see in this forum.

3.70 star(s) 234 Votes