Feb 8, 2023
The little pirate on your shoulder whispered this to you ?
WoW.png
WoW.png
Just for you only... it works with both Linux and Mac as well... that you don't know how to make it work is your problem not someone else's :cautious: Though in this thread it's not surprising that it's the popular belief :rolleyes:
Little pirate, no. :( NLT Media, yes. :LOL: That's what's THEY state THEMSELVES on THEIR blog. :eek: I never asked for help or advice so why the sarc? :confused:

Later...

I've just tried running the installer on Linux and it does kind of work if you execute it in your game directory using the WINE Program Loader. Trouble is when you do this it updates the Linux game as if it is a Windows game and downloads not only www updates but a load of Windows files and dynamic link libraries as well which, on my installation at least, wrecked the original nwjs and stopped the game from executing natively. The solution was to delete all of the game folders except the just updated www in the game directory and replace them with a Linux version of nwjs, i.e., all folders and files EXCEPT www from an earlier Linux version of The Genesis Order or a completely new version of nwjs itself downloaded from the NW.js site. A smarter way to achieve this on a regular basis would be to make a copy of your Linux version of The Genesis Order, put the installer in that, update that copy whenever you use the installer for this purpose and then merge/copy the updated www folder with your actual Linux game folder, in the usual way, to bring your Linux game up to spec without issues.

Awful clumsy way to update but there you go; bootleggers can't be choosers!

If the incremental updates dry up you can do the above until a less hackable installer has been released by NLT Media down the tracks.

Last edited:

Mokatal

Jun 14, 2019
is the update size around 1,5 gb? i got it from the other site but im not sure, because usually the updates only aroudn 200-300 mb

splintersam

Apr 13, 2019
Hall with red carpent - white statue on right - open secter enterance - go down. The must be somethere.

Play story. Brian and almost girls take you there.
Yo thanks a lot for explaining it straight, that worked. Tbh the reason I thought it could've been a bug is, I ran into this error which I only realized after exiting the game.
1676525415131.png

Some people like to just talk in riddles and non-answers instead of shutting up and just responding to the question. Thanks again.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Yo thanks a lot for explaining it straight, that worked. Tbh the reason I thought it could've been a bug is, I ran into this error which I only realized after exiting the game.
View attachment 2394420

Some people like to just talk in riddles and non-answers instead of shutting up and just responding to the question. Thanks again.
Some people are also devoid of any reading skills, or basic research functions. You can't win them all

splintersam

Apr 13, 2019
Btw, seems like Lillian is going to turn out to be Lillith from the whole portal thing. Lillith = the "Mother" of demons, as those creeps around the mansion keep calling her.

Reactions: hujinuku

splintersam

Apr 13, 2019
Some people are also devoid of any reading skills, or basic research functions. You can't win them all
Some people need to get a life instead of lurking here all day even though they're not mods. And not respond when they're not being talked to.

Besides, issues aren't always about reading and comprehension as can be seen from my screenshot.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Some people need to get a life instead of lurking here all day even though they're not mods. And not respond when they're not being talked to.

Besides, issues aren't always about reading and comprehension as can be seen from my screenshot.
It is when said "issue" isn't 1 and that it's been talked about at least once a week for the last year ...... Aka my quote wins over anything you can try to come back with. Being here all day helps not look like a blind slob who can't search stuff and instead posts the same thing 50 people already asked for

3.70 star(s) 233 Votes