Griinch

Stealing your Christmas for no reason
Uploader
Jul 20, 2021
It's the new meta : only ask the same question over and over while not reading any reply
Thats the new meta these days. People don't like to read, and they just want to keep nagging people over and over with the same questions

Feb 8, 2023
I don't think they will initialize it for the remaining 30 % but even if they do not getting free updates ( or the game itself ) is well deserved... can be grateful for all those idiots who set this thing in motion :cautious:

Anyhow knowing how " thoughtful " they are at NLT cracking the new updater won't be too difficult :ROFLMAO:
Actually it is pretty easy to make an installer/updater which is VERY difficult to crack.

First: Have a secure logon using a unique email address and every time someone logs on using it and downloads keep a count of how many times a particular update is downloaded by that person. If the same logon is found to be making multiple downloads of the same update, over and over, indicating that more than one person is using the installer/updater, block future downloads to the person (or people) using that logon immediately. :mad:

Second: Enable the installer/updater to read unique information in respect to a particular computer, e.g., motherboard serial number or network MAC address, and record it in a database on the NLT Media server, allowing future downloads only to be made by an installer/updater on a machine which matches that data every time the installer/updater executes. :mad:

Schoolkids could write simple multi-verifying apps things like that. :p

Man there are way many easily programmable tricks to make cracking software very, very difficult and all you need is to develop a little program which reads and relays unique information about person and PC back to base, crosscheck it against matching data stored in a database, and only allow downloads to proceed when the identity of the user, PC and amount of usage the installer/downloader has undertaken previously have been established as legitimate. (If the user and/or PC fail to verify or the amount of downloading above some specified limit, block downloading to that person/machine and make them contact NLT Media to explain themselves before re-enabling downloading privileges.) Jazz like this is elementary these days and more, much more, sophisticated things can be done to button up security and make things pretty much watertight without much trouble. :mad: I know that NLT Media are cracking down with vengeance on bootleging and with their resources, if they are really serious about tackling piracy, rolling out an installer/updater which stops it in its tracks should be nuts to crack for them. :cry: I could cobble something like this together myself in an afternoon, and would have done, long ago, if I were in their shoes under the same circumstances. :eek:

So I definitely wouldn't put money on being able to bootleg Genesis and future games from NLT Media by using a cracked installer/updater. Much better if some kind and generous well-heeled person, on the NLT Media Master tier, shares them on this site anonymously :censored: for poorer people (like student me) ;) to enjoy either directly after downloading them or using a program like the one I wrote to build them from a kosher game after updating using the forthcoming NLT Media installer/updater. :sneaky: Other than that I'm afraid it'll have to be a casual (rather than a Casula :ROFLMAO:) NLT Media $2.00 membership for me, because although I love NLT Media games to bits I can't stretch to $24 a month to keep pace with every recent release personally. (y)

Last edited:

S.A.M studios

Jan 3, 2020
What we need is a paying upper tier NLT Media patron, who gets the latest updates when released, willing to share those updates with folks like us. I've written an application which can make an incremental update from a recently updated version of TGO using an installer with versions for Windows and Linux, the idea being that anybody with a recently updated version of the game can make updates from it in seconds and share them on f95zone immediately. Here's a MEGA link to download the tiny 10.9 MB program if anybody is interested:

Mega

I'm kind of hoping that somebody in the NLT Media Master tier of membership might consider using it to provide updates to us folks on f95zone anonymously, if the current installer/updater stops working and ZIP file updates no longer downloadable from the NLT Media server(s). I have the feeling that like the game the installer/updater might well update itself without asking and we may all eventually discover the one we were using successfully suddenly no longer works.
the fact is that even if they create secure launcher some people who are patroon will share the games on other websites and we can get that from there not immediately but at least we can get it.

Feb 8, 2023
the fact is that even if they create secure launcher some people who are patroon will share the games on other websites and we can get that from there not immediately but at least we can get it.
Maybe not if you want clean virus free stuff. :unsure: If you look at updates shared on other sites, which I did when there were long waits building up here, you notice that most get posted AFTER they do on f95zone, and, based on their names and archive formats, look suspiciously SIMILAR to the f95zone ones to me which makes me wonder if f95zone might be the place where most of the updates came from. :geek: What we really need is for somebody rich enough to pay for and get updates legitimately to donate them anonymously to be posted here. (y) Of course it would be possible for NLT Media to sneakily and automatically include some sort of hidden identifier for each of the customer, buried inside everything that every customer downloaded, which would enable NLT Media to inspect updates they downloaded from pirate sites, to work out exactly who had shared them, and block that person from receiving anything directly afterward but I doubt they would go quite as far as this far to discourage people from sharing online. :)

Griinch

Stealing your Christmas for no reason
Uploader
Jul 20, 2021
Actually it is pretty easy to make an installer/updater which is VERY difficult to crack.

First: Have a secure logon using a unique email address and every time someone logs on using it and downloads keep a count of how many times a particular update is downloaded by that person. If the same logon is found to be making multiple downloads of the same update, over and over, indicating that more than one person is using the installer/updater you block downloads to the person (or people) using that logon immediately. :mad:

Second: Enable the installer/updater to read unique information in respect to a particular computer, e.g., motherboard serial number or network MAC address, and record it in a database on the NLT Media server, only allowing future downloads to be made by the installer/updater to a machine which matches that data every time the installer/updater executes. :mad:

Schoolkids could write simple multi-verifying apps things like that. :p

Man there are way many easily programmable tricks to make cracking software very, very difficult and all you need is to develop a little program which reads and relays unique information about person and PC back to base, crosscheck it against matching data stored in a database, and only allow downloads to proceed when the identity of the user, PC and amount of usage the installer/downloader has undertaken previously have been established as legitimate. (If the user and/or PC fail to verify or the amount of downloading above some specified limit, block downloading to that person/machine and make them contact NLT Media to explain themselves before re-enabling downloading privileges.) Jazz like this this is elementary these days and more, much more, sophisticated things can be done to button up security and make things pretty much watertight without much trouble. :mad: I know that NLT Media are cracking down with vengeance on bootleging and with their resources, if they are really serious about tackling piracy, rolling out an installer/updater which stops it in its tracks should be nuts to crack for them. :cry: I could cobble something like this together myself in an afternoon, and would have done, long ago, if I were in their shoes under the same circumstances. :eek:

So I definitely wouldn't put money on being able to bootleg Genesis and future games from NLT Media by using a cracked installer/updater. Much better if some kind and generous well-heeled person, on the NLT Media Master tier, shares them on this site anonymously :censored: for poorer people (like student me) ;) to enjoy either directly after downloading them or using a program like the one I wrote to build them from a kosher game after updating using the forthcoming NLT Media installer/updater. :sneaky: Other than that I'm afraid it'll have to be a casual (rather than a Casula :ROFLMAO:) NLT Media $2.00 membership for me, because although I love NLT Media games to bits I can't stretch to $24 a month to keep pace with every recent release personally. (y)
But lets be real though....Which developer is actually gonna take up more time after all their coding and everything just to make a secure launcher just for their game? They already have enough going on after development and real life, that it probably doesn't even come to their thoughts to do that.

Well, you can always check another game from NLT. Treasure of Nadia is heavily similar to this one.
Actually His first two are like this ToN and Lust Epidemic. All though Lust Epidemic doesn't have all the treasure hunting and all that, its still the same kind of game play

Feb 8, 2023
But lets be real though....Which developer is actually gonna take up more time after all their coding and everything just to make a secure launcher just for their game? They already have enough going on after development and real life, that it probably doesn't even come to their thoughts to do that.
With modern integrated design environments, like Visual Studio, it really doesn't take long to do stuff like that from scratch or using tried and tested code written by others. :geek: Plus if the new installer/updater was written using a cross platform IDE, like Qt, it could be compiled to work on pretty much any OS you could possibly want for a game, e.g., Windows, Linux, MacOS and Android, which would be an improvement which would benefit all kind of players. :D With modern tools a programmer could secure their installer/updater without much effort and the only question really is: How far do NLT Media want to take things? There is always a trade off between security and usability: the more secure something is the less easy it is to use as a rule. (y) That said if the new NLT Media installer/updater isn't much more difficult, if not impossible, to hack and crack I will be surprised indeed. :confused:

S.A.M studios

Jan 3, 2020
Maybe not if you want clean virus free stuff. :unsure: If you look at updates shared on other sites, which I did when there were long waits building up here, you notice that most get posted AFTER they do on f95zone, and, based on their names and archive formats, look suspiciously SIMILAR to the f95zone ones to me which makes me wonder if f95zone might be the place where most of the updates came from. :geek: What we really need is for somebody rich enough to pay for and get updates legitimately to donate them anonymously to be posted here. (y) Of course it would be possible for NLT Media to sneakily and automatically include some sort of hidden identifier for each of the customer, buried inside everything that every customer downloaded, which would enable NLT Media to inspect updates they downloaded from pirate sites, to work out exactly who had shared them, and block that person from receiving anything directly afterward but I doubt they would go quite as far as this far to discourage people from sharing online. :)
yes i know most of the website links from here but there some shady website who uploads updates after 5 or 6 days on fboom or slow download clouds but we don't expect from the much

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Are there any pictures of the chestkey half locations? I have 2 Front Half Keys and cannot find the Back Halfs for them.

crotugar

Donor
Oct 28, 2017
Why? :eek: You can play it natively on your Linux system without the need for Wine/Lutris. Read the FAQ and you will understand and/or check my links in my signature for more Linux advice and support.
Thanks for the advice, i have tried it out and some games play without any problems, this game however is a slideshow, there are some other probs as well so i guess i can;t play this game anymore -_- a shame i loved it but o well if only there were more people using linux, game developers would actually support linux properly.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
With modern integrated design environments, like Visual Studio, it really doesn't take long to do stuff like that from scratch or using tried and tested code written by others. :geek: Plus if the new installer/updater was written using a cross platform IDE, like Qt, it could be compiled to work on pretty much any OS you could possibly want for a game, e.g., Windows, Linux, MacOS and Android, which would be an improvement which would benefit all kind of players. :D With modern tools a programmer could secure their installer/updater without much effort and the only question really is: How far do NLT Media want to take things? There is always a trade off between security and usability: the more secure something is the less easy it is to use as a rule. (y) That said if the new NLT Media installer/updater isn't much more difficult, if not impossible, to hack and crack I will be surprised indeed. :confused:
Missed my point with " thoughtful " :KEK::KEK::KEK:
Thanks for the advice, i have tried it out and some games play without any problems, this game however is a slideshow, there are some other probs as well so i guess i can;t play this game anymore -_- a shame i loved it but o well if only there were more people using linux, game developers would actually support linux properly.
What's the trouble here ? You need a linux core ? Look no further... here it is

Now all you need is a full version of the PC version on your rig...
When you have it place it's www folder into said core...
Make nw executable...

Is this so hard ? :unsure: Why emulations and such things ? :oops:o_O:WaitWhat:
( what's a slideshow in your vocabulary ? :p ) :LOL:

silverbane27

Mar 26, 2020
Anyone having a problem with the game glitching at 16% where Judy slept the night with you after the storm passes. someone knocks on the door and then the game glitches and cant progress?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Anyone having a problem with the game glitching at 16% where Judy slept the night with you after the storm passes. someone knocks on the door and then the game glitches and cant progress?
50% and over a year later with only you reporting it might mean something. Or not

Flute

Jun 12, 2019
So I finally finished the game (I mean so far) and I was wondering whether the sex virus that was talked about was actually a plot which got forgotten about, or just an excuse for the love potion orgies?

3.70 star(s) 233 Votes