talt3

Feb 9, 2022
Awesome! Can't wait to see the new project. Has any info been released on the themes/characters etc? The renders look amazing :love:

Reactions: ZeeMental

oohhh

Mar 29, 2022
Awesome! Can't wait to see the new project. Has any info been released on the themes/characters etc? The renders look amazing :love:
all the release and character infos are in the previous chats ....
will take next 3 month for some concrete progress or release

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
It is a reimagination of an old Neverwinter Night module called A Dance with Rogues.

This is the official description of that module:

"This is the story of a young woman whose world is shattered into pieces on a single dark night. Formerly the Princess of a mighty kingdom, she barely survives when the enemies of her Lord Father kill her family, her loved ones and her friends. Suddenly alone in a cruel world, hiding from the people who wish to see her dead, she finds help where she’d least expect it. Sheltered by a group of thugs and thieves, her life now takes a very different line. But her enemies remain the same."

I expect to release the 0.1 version at the end of this month.

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
Do you have something specific in mind? Just any goblin content, or does it have to include harem or other tags? Does it have to be Ren’Py? Does it have to be a VN?

Anwyay, there’s the regular suite of 3D goblin games: A Goblin’s Tale (abandoned); its part-remake, part spiritual successor The Rise of Vruk; The Last Goblin; etc. But it’s likely you’ve already stumbled upon all of these if you’ve spent some time looking. There’s also The Legend of the Goblins, but I didn’t like it that much, personally.

On the 2D side of things, there’s Goblin Burrow and its sequel. Goblin content is also found in pretty much every Japanese female protagonist corruption/netorare RPGM game, but it’s often limited to one area with just a few encounters, or one bad end.

As far as games that are more distantly related go, there’s Ravager, which has some broader thematic similarities: a harem of women end up serving a monstrous master—which in this game is a dragon instead. Peasant’s Quest is a bit more of a stretch—you play as a human with a harem of monster-girls—but I feel still hits some of the same notes: coercion, pregnancy, etc. There are also a few optional sharing scenes involving goblins and similar creatures.
Yea, hmmmm ...
you mentioned, that A Goblin’s Tale has been abandoned).

Its part-remake, part spiritual successor The Rise of Vruk is also abandoned by now since the developer KillJoy, who has picked up the reigns on this game stopped to please the animosity of his girlfriend - it's lying barren since January and waiting for someone to take care of it. It's just a matter of time for the abandoned tag.

There was Goblin Lord also abandoned.
A Goblin Dungeon - also abandoned.

The Legend of the Goblins is such a weird development. Seems the team doesn't really have a clue and there is some circulation behind the scenes. it hasn't gotten an update in some time now and now they are completely switching from an RPG Maker to a VN due to lack of ability and sanctioned by a community poll (big mistake in my mind) ...

Personally I really like this one here, The Goblin's Brides, and keep re-playing it once in a while - although "playing" (?) ... rather re-clicking, since it's pretty straight interactive novel.
And for my favorite: Peasant Quest. The best in the RPG department for free roaming/questing - goblin's only a side character here.
Ravager is also OK - though no goblin's other than the minions serving the dragon MC - I wouldn't call it a "goblin game".

I really enjoyed a Goblin's Tale / Vruk for being an RPG and playing a goblin as MC.
That game approach is honestly lacking out there. We need something like it.

Yes, yes The Last Goblin ... too much puzzle/avoidance game for my taste.

And the many other goblin themed or goblin mentioning games, that don't really hit it.
I think you pretty much nailed it for mentioning the noteworthy ones.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
And the many other goblin themed or goblin mentioning games, that don't really hit it.
I think you pretty much nailed it for mentioning the noteworthy ones.
Don't forget Healslut. While not goblin focused it does have quite a few nice gobbo scenes, and depending on the player choices the goblin can have quite a lot of content. ;)

Reactions: msleomac

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Ravager is also OK - though no goblin's other than the minions serving the dragon MC - I wouldn't call it a "goblin game".
The post I originally replied to asked for “similar games”. In this situation, it’s always difficult to know which elements of the original game specifically the poster is interested in, or which ones they don’t care for; for instance, I don’t care one bit for goblin content, but I still enjoyed this game for the harem and breeding aspects, among other things. I wasn’t recommending Ravager for its goblin content (of which it has none, unless you count the kobolds, which I wouldn’t really)—I was suggesting it for the same harem, impregnation, coercion, etc. which, to some extent, are all present in The Goblin’s Brides.

TrustyOldPatches

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
BROO SERIOUSLY !!!!!! :(
Almost. It's completed. But I played It today and I want to modify a few things before releasing it.
Mostly giving the MC some more beliavable reactions to what's happening. As it is right now I feel that she's too bland, I want to make her a bit more proactive instead of reactive.

Sorry for the delay, but I really want to make this first version as good as possible. At worst I expect it to take me another week. But hopefully I'm able to release it sooner.

Jun 11, 2018
Almost. It's completed. But I played It today and I want to modify a few things before releasing it.
Mostly giving the MC some more beliavable reactions to what's happening. As it is right now I feel that she's too bland, I want to make her a bit more proactive instead of reactive.

Sorry for the delay, but I really want to make this first version as good as possible. At worst I expect it to take me another week. But hopefully I'm able to release it sooner.
Hey, is the new project dropping today?

4.50 star(s) 52 Votes