Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
First anniversary!

I just wanted to say congratulations to AltosandHerdone on reaching the first anniversary of their game.

By any standards, this has been a successful launch. Over the last 12 months, this has been the second most viewed thread here on F95, with almost 2.4 million views. That's equivalent to almost 6,500 views a day. And while they can always use more patreons (hint, hint :)), they've already got 850 patreons which is a strong showing for a brand new developer.

I've enjoyed playing the game, with its combination of really attractive (and varied) girls, an actual plotline, some great writing, and a few horribly bad puns. Of course, the gratuitous nudity, hot sex scenes, schoolgirl spankings and knicker inspections might have something to do with the game's popularity as well... :p

Personally, I think one of the best bits is how distinct all the characters are, which is really hard to do with a cast this large. But here, all the girls (and staff) are very different and have different plot lines. And all the individual stories are so good that I want to find out what happens to each and every one of them.

So – congratulations on a great first year, and I can't wait to see what you've got planned for the next year. :love:

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
How do you see those stats, makes me wonder what is number one viewed.
Go to the front page, go to the bottom, click on "most viewed threads in last 30 days", click on the hamburger menu beside it (the icon with 4 horizontal lines) and select "MVT in last 12 months". You can also click on "most viewed threads" to see the most viewed threads ever on this sites.

Number 1 over the last 12 months is Being a DIK with 6.5m views, so Altos has some way before he hits the top spot...

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
First anniversary!

I just wanted to say congratulations to AltosandHerdone on reaching the first anniversary of their game.

By any standards, this has been a successful launch. Over the last 12 months, this has been the second most viewed thread here on F95, with almost 2.4 million views. That's equivalent to almost 6,500 views a day. And while they can always use more patreons (hint, hint :)), they've already got 850 patreons which is a strong showing for a brand new developer.

I've enjoyed playing the game, with its combination of really attractive (and varied) girls, an actual plotline, some great writing, and a few horribly bad puns. Of course, the gratuitous nudity, hot sex scenes, schoolgirl spankings and knicker inspections might have something to do with the game's popularity as well... :p

Personally, I think one of the best bits is how distinct all the characters are, which is really hard to do with a cast this large. But here, all the girls (and staff) are very different and have different plot lines. And all the individual stories are so good that I want to find out what happens to each and every one of them.

So – congratulations on a great first year, and I can't wait to see what you've got planned for the next year. :love:
This is bugging me, it is a great game, I would love to support it, but let's be honest there is no benefit to doing so, 10 bucks get you the ability to vote on girls and stories, that is it the only benefit.

I just subbed this month to Harem Hotel, why, the biggest reason, it is the ONLY way to get beta access, why give 10 bucks for this game when within 24 hours you get the beta posted here.

I get it, more people more bug reports, but when you promise beta access for 10 bucks and then give it to every shmuck for free, it kills the big reason to sub.

Yes yes kindness, gratitude, but it is not the same without a carrot.

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
This is bugging me, it is a great game, I would love to support it, but let's be honest there is no benefit to doing so, 10 bucks get you the ability to vote on girls and stories, that is it the only benefit.

I just subbed this month to Harem Hotel, why, the biggest reason, it is the ONLY way to get beta access, why give 10 bucks for this game when within 24 hours you get the beta posted here.

I get it, more people more bug reports, but when you promise beta access for 10 bucks and then give it to every shmuck for free, it kills the big reason to sub.

I don't give my game away for free, it just gets leaked. I'm not aware of any way to stop that. But I guess I will ask Runey.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I don't give my game away for free, it just gets leaked. I'm not aware of any way to stop that. But I guess I will ask Runey.
Harem Hotels betas go up with some regularity. Runey does ask his patrons not to post them with the clear explanation that they really aren't ready for a wide audience and since the wide release is free, there is little incentive to pirate a week or two early.

Reactions: TheDevian

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017

With all due respect, becoming a Patron isn't just about saying thanks. It's how they make a living.

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
It's a piracy forum; if someone shares the link, there's nothing in the rules to stop that. It's up to the patrons not to share the releases. :)
This is, unfortunately, true.

Maybe we should ask the person who is leaking it why he would do so? All he's doing is hurting the dev, and making it harder for updates to be done more quickly.

ryusai

Apr 10, 2018
With all due respect, becoming a Patron isn't just about saying thanks. It's how they make a living.
I think this pinpoints exactly one of the major reasons a lot of Patreon projects never end or are in a stalemate. At the beginning, the Patreon is here to help a dev create something. Increased earnings automatically transfer to increased development time. Until a certain breaking point where the dev has to let go of his "normal" source of earnings to switch to the "Patreon" source. Not everybody does it (for example, the dev from Rogue-like : Evolution). But a lot do.
Until a second breaking point, where the dev must decide if he increase his work force (and then share the earnings from Patreon) or he decide to stay alone, increasing the risk of getting fed up with his project.
The main danger from here is the dev "milking" his patrons, because let's face it : everybody wants to earn more while working less, even on a hobby.
Since the dev is "making a living" with his project, ending the project means ending his earnings (and the earnings of his team). That's a really really REALLY hard decision to make, especially in behalf of a team. Hence a lot of projects stuck.
Some devs made the choice to "let die" a project and starting another one under another name, like an inssurance of some kind.
After all, it is just a name to abandon. Not that hard. Can't blame them for that.

I really don't follow that kind of thoughts. 120 euros per year is kinda hard to swallow, especially since there is no obligation for the dev to release anything, anytime. I'm totally okay for patrons to have a premium access before no-patrons, a month, two months before. But a lot of patrons don't bug reports because "shmucks" are doing it for free. I'm a smuck and I'm doing bug reports. That's my way of helping the dev, with my time, instead of my money.
The other pro of being a smuck is that I don't feel "let down" when an update is a small one. After all, I am not paying, so I don't feel having a right to complain.
Sure, patrons can vote and decide where the game could go, if the dev is in that kind of management (which is great, btw). As a shmuck, I will voice my opinion but I won't be disappointed if I'm not heard.
What I'm trying to say is : there is not carrot for me and that's fine. I don't even look at the carrot. I'm offering my time, my unbiased opinion (MOAR CONTENT I'M PAYING HERE) and my advice if I'm allowed to. What else could I ask for ? I don't think I'm robbing somebody here.

Sorry about my english, it is not my first langage. Please PM me if I made errors, it helps me to learn :)

Last edited:

darkcore

Apr 11, 2018
This is, unfortunately, true.

Maybe we should ask the person who is leaking it why he would do so? All he's doing is hurting the dev, and making it harder for updates to be done more quickly.
wow ok at first it was to people to notice about the game and get a sense of what it is. But looks like that isn`t nessecary anymore and it only hurts the dev now. If I see comments like the one that claims that he sees no reason to support the dev that makes me sad and angry. I really like this game and I don`t want to see it fail, so i probably will stop sharing the patron versions

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Go to the front page, go to the bottom, click on "most viewed threads in last 30 days", click on the hamburger menu beside it (the icon with 4 horizontal lines) and select "MVT in last 12 months". You can also click on "most viewed threads" to see the most viewed threads ever on this sites.

Number 1 over the last 12 months is Being a DIK with 6.5m views, so Altos has some way before he hits the top spot...
Yeah, but most of that is people bitching about which girls they like best and hating on anyone who disagrees, it's not something to strive for.
It's a piracy forum; if someone shares the link, there's nothing in the rules to stop that. It's up to the patrons not to share the releases. :)
True, though we have talked, at least in Runey's case, about not posting the beta links on the front page. If they want to post it in the thread, we can't really stop them, but whoever has control over the OP, can choose not to update that link without the full version. They are usually pretty good about that.

Goatface

Aug 10, 2017
wow ok at first it was to people to notice about the game and get a sense of what it is. But looks like that isn`t nessecary anymore and it only hurts the dev now. If I see comments like the one that claims that he sees no reason to support the dev that makes me sad and angry. I really like this game and I don`t want to see it fail, so i probably will stop sharing the patron versions
Your heart is in the right place... but their livelihood DEPENDS on Patreon. It's not that they can't be uploaded here... it's a pirate site, after all, but, give the devs a reason to actually use Patreon. Find out what AltosandHerdone thinks is an acceptable enough delay before posting them.

Reactions: TheDevian
4.50 star(s) 251 Votes