Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Hmm interesting patron update, 0.7 has been changed, basically, Altos decided to focus on Amy.
So in version 0.7, expect to finally get down to some real action with one of the students.
The release will be split with the main being on Amy, with a second update with Claires story, Lucy, and Cass.

Rather than delay the release to include the planned content for Miss Potts and Cassandra (plus a big scene for Lucy which I mentioned a while back) I’m going to split it and do a second release shortly after version 0.7. Which should hopefully take me no more than a few weeks as everything is written and storyboarded. Plus the new scenes I’ve written for Miss Potts are easily some of my best and it would be a crime to make people wait longer than is absolutely necessary. So expect a substantial release next weekend focused on Amy (along with a bunch of small scenes at the lake and the dorms) with another large-ish release a few weeks later with content for Miss Potts, Cassandra and Lucy.
And there is 1.3k in new renders.

Sorry if I stole your thunder Phil5k, but was too excited.

Reactions: Phil5k

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
I realize k=1000. I guess animations must take a large amount, I just don't know anything about this stuff. Thanks.
I am counting frames of animations there and that makes up the bulk of that number. Each action in the punishment system might have five to seven frames, multiply that by three or four different clothing options, multiply that by up to three for the different views and then by two for different disciplinarians. It's a lot of images. Total image number is therefore by no means the best way to determine the length of an update but it gives a rough indication. Alternatively I could say it's around 6000 or so lines of new code or 30,000 words of dialogue. Playtime is really hard to guess at but I'd say the same as 0.6.

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
Sorry if I stole your thunder Phil5k, but was too excited.
Hey, I only started posting the updates when Darkcore stepped back. It doesn't have to be me - and if someone else can help (particularly if they can do it faster than I can) then that's great.

Anyway, for everyone else here's the full update:
--------------

Mar 13 at 10:25am
Development Update

Hey guys,

So we are one week away now from the beta release of version 0.7. The image folder currently contains around 7,200 renders so up about 1,300 from version 0.6.2.

Since my last development update, I had a slight change of plans. While I said I was going to spend the last few weeks of the development cycle working on some scenes for Miss Potts as well as completing the punishment system for Cassandra. I ended up continuing with Amy’s storyline instead. My reason for this was I felt that it was more important to make significant progress with one character rather than making smaller progress with several. So in version 0.7, expect to finally get down to some real action with one of the students.

Rather than delay the release to include the planned content for Miss Potts and Cassandra (plus a big scene for Lucy which I mentioned a while back) I’m going to split it and do a second release shortly after version 0.7. Which should hopefully take me no more than a few weeks as everything is written and storyboarded. Plus the new scenes I’ve written for Miss Potts are easily some of my best and it would be a crime to make people wait longer than is absolutely necessary. So expect a substantial release next weekend focused on Amy (along with a bunch of small scenes at the lake and the dorms) with another large-ish release a few weeks later with content for Miss Potts, Cassandra and Lucy.

The only real downside to this change of plans is that people will have to wait a little longer before we move on with the main story in version 0.8. However, I think it will be worth it.

For more up to date information from me about the upcoming version don’t forget to join up to the Discord (as well as linking your Patreon and Discord accounts in your Patreon settings).

Altos

Skeeve

Jul 30, 2017
Hey, I only started posting the updates when Darkcore stepped back. It doesn't have to be me - and if someone else can help (particularly if they can do it faster than I can) then that's great.

Anyway, for everyone else here's the full update:
--------------

Mar 13 at 10:25am
Development Update

Hey guys,

So we are one week away now from the beta release of version 0.7. The image folder currently contains around 7,200 renders so up about 1,300 from version 0.6.2.

Since my last development update, I had a slight change of plans. While I said I was going to spend the last few weeks of the development cycle working on some scenes for Miss Potts as well as completing the punishment system for Cassandra. I ended up continuing with Amy’s storyline instead. My reason for this was I felt that it was more important to make significant progress with one character rather than making smaller progress with several. So in version 0.7, expect to finally get down to some real action with one of the students.

The only real downside to this change of plans is that people will have to wait a little longer before we move on with the main story in version 0.8. However, I think it will be worth it.

For more up to date information from me about the upcoming version don’t forget to join up to the Discord (as well as linking your Patreon and Discord accounts in your Patreon settings).

Altos
I love Misses Potts

Last edited:

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
What are you talking about when you say "Harem End"?

We're the HM of the school to oversee young adults get over their past misbehaviours and lead them to a better life. Everything else is not for our pleasure, it's just part of the job.

Of course, with some it may be necessary to have them supervised for a bit after their school days are over to ensure they stay on track. But that's purely professional, isn't it? We gotta do what we gotta do, no matter how hard (ehem) it is.

Don't get me wrong, I am willing to make great personal sacrifices for the benefit of the girls, and also for the staff of the school if necessary.
I'm pretty there's a choice in the game where the MC can say that it was either for the girls' benefit or because the MC does it partly for his own pleasure.

Rao_fork

Oct 31, 2019
I am counting frames of animations there and that makes up the bulk of that number. Each action in the punishment system might have five to seven frames, multiply that by three or four different clothing options, multiply that by up to three for the different views and then by two for different disciplinarians. It's a lot of images. Total image number is therefore by no means the best way to determine the length of an update but it gives a rough indication. Alternatively I could say it's around 6000 or so lines of new code or 30,000 words of dialogue. Playtime is really hard to guess at but I'd say the same as 0.6.
Thanks for explaining! Where are the images actually stored by the way? I took a cursory glance at the folders but didn't find em. (Using linux, if that makes a difference somehow)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks for explaining! Where are the images actually stored by the way? I took a cursory glance at the folders but didn't find em. (Using linux, if that makes a difference somehow)
TheHeadmaster0.XX/game/images.rpa and TheHeadmaster0.XX/game/video.rpa

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hey, AltosandHerdone I heard that Patreon is doing a crackdown on 'Japanese style art' due to people making art of underage characters. I know that you guys haven't done anything wrong, but do you have a contingency plan in case Patreon kicks you off? When you're dealing with these sorts of people, things can happen without warning.
It's not just "Japanese style art," whatever you mean by that since this is just in a plain old 3D art style using a Japanese program, it's literally any art that can possibly be misinterpreted as depicting underage characters. Actually, not only might they have a problem with several of the main girls, but the setting and clothing. There was a game that got hit because there was a small chested girl in a school uniform, Harem Hotel, and the dev had to change the girl's clothing. Altos may have to do the same here and get rid of the school concept or get rid of characters like Rachael completely if they hit this project. Also, no, before you say it, it does not matter what their numerical age is. If they look underage, Patreon will hit the dev for it if they find out. Best case, assuming Patreon comes after this project, would be Altos moves his platform to a competitor like Subscribestar and keeps everything the same. Worst case, the project gets forcefully ended. In between those are a number of options. He could change Rachael and anyone else like her to look older, including increasing bust size, get rid of anything school related, which is a REALLY bad idea considering that means a total rewrite, or he could eliminate any trace of the characters that Patreon sees as problematic. They also might have a problem if the twins get a scene where they interact sexually with each other, incest is also problematic to Patreon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
This here says there are mostly going going after Koikatsu and Emotion Creator dev's... but yea, a lot of projects could get hit..

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes