AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
Even though i like the game (was a patreon). There is one thing that keep bothering me with it. I really don't understand the tendancy to add new characters to the line up when some of the original cast barely had any scene (like Charlotte or April to name a few). I could understand it if all the original cast were at lvl1 of punishement, but what the point of wasting time on new addition when not even focusing on the one already there.

I took back my support back then when Ada was introduced, not that i dislike her or Olivia but as i said..i'd rather prefer we focus on those already there. I also don't understand this tendancy to add new characters (all game dev) when you haven't really reach a threshold with the pre-existing one.
I can understand people concerns about this but I don’t think I’ve what I’ve done is unreasonable. I’ve added plenty of characters but only ever to add diversity to the background of the cast. For example, I’ve probably spent a few days of my time on content for Ada, compared with months of work each for Rachel, Debbie, Amy and Cassandra. Ada has about 50 renders in her name, Rachel and Amy both have around 1400 each. The amount of my time and effort that went into them is not even comparable. The main focus for content has always been the original characters in the order decided by patron poll. That’s continuing with the new batch of girls to go through the punishment system (Priti, Liz, Faye, Alice and the Twins). If at some point any of the new girls turn out to be more popular in the polls than any of the original girls (which Ada in fact has), that would be the only reason I’d focus on them ahead of the originals. It’s simply a matter of focussing my time on characters that as many people as possible are interested in.

LonDonJohnSon

Feb 14, 2019
God damn, Altos and Herdone really stepped their game up. Well worth the wait so far, about 10 minutes in to Chapter 2. It’s really exciting that they actually went and redid so much content. So no matter what you’re up to in the beginning of chapter 2, you’re gonna see new things.

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again—this is one of the highest quality games on this site, and deserves to be pledged to like Dr. Pinkcake’s games are. The writing, H scenes, character design, all brilliant. I still can’t believe how much the game actually makes me laugh out loud when I’m playing it.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
I can understand people concerns about this but I don’t think I’ve what I’ve done is unreasonable. I’ve added plenty of characters but only ever to add diversity to the background of the cast. For example, I’ve probably spent a few days of my time on content for Ada, compared with months of work each for Rachel, Debbie, Amy and Cassandra. Ada has about 50 renders in her name, Rachel and Amy both have around 1400 each. The amount of my time and effort that went into them is not even comparable. The main focus for content has always been the original characters in the order decided by patron poll. That’s continuing with the new batch of girls to go through the punishment system (Priti, Liz, Faye, Alice and the Twins). If at some point any of the new girls turn out to be more popular in the polls than any of the original girls (which Ada in fact has), that would be the only reason I’d focus on them ahead of the originals. It’s simply a matter of focussing my time on characters that as many people as possible are interested in.
And you don't think at some point that regarding popularity some character that are part of the original cast should have the priority above the newly introduced? For example, i wouldn't understand if Ada would get prior developpement over April. Even if Ada is more popular than her. I understand you want to follow the poll, but there is also some sort logical pattern to follow. After all, it's you who is making the game not the polls.

Reactions: P3zz0

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
And you don't think at some point that regarding popularity some character that are part of the original cast should have the priority above the newly introduced? For example, i wouldn't understand if Ada would get prior developpement over April. Even if Ada is more popular than her. I understand you want to follow the poll, but there is also some sort logical pattern to follow. After all, it's you who is making the game not the polls.
I have discretion over the polls, yes, but at the end of the day I'm running a business and I'm best off following what my patrons want. If the punishment system takes me several months to make but not that many people are interested in that character, than is it necessarily a good idea? These will be some difficult decisions for me (or for my patrons) down the line.
Anyway, April will get a few scenes in the next update for certain, as will Charlotte. They both had good stuff that didn't quite make the cut for version 0.9.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I have discretion over the polls, yes, but at the end of the day I'm running a business and I'm best off following what my patrons want. If the punishment system takes me several months to make but not that many people are interested in that character, than is it necessarily a good idea? These will be some difficult decisions for me (or for my patrons) down the line.
Anyway, April will get a few scenes in the next update for certain, as will Charlotte. They both had good stuff that didn't quite make the cut for version 0.9.
Speaking developer to developer, we run into a similair problem all the time in other games I work on. I suppose, the best answer is to figure out who is responding to content pieces and how. A good approach to consider is this:

- Is a charachter somewhat polarizing with some people un-intirested but the ones who are intirested very posative/enthusiastic? In such a case, you ensure that content is somehow optional and then continue investing resources relative to the fanbase. Niche but Strong material isn't bad.
- Is the charachter getting a "Meh" response all around? In situations of a character just not generating excitement, what that usually means is that the character is presently missing something. Either some detail to improve their level of engagement, or a direction for the story to take that uplifts it.

I haven't actually played the new version yet, so I can't comment on any of the new material. But, thusfar I'd say that the work you've put into Rachel, Debbie, Amy and Ms. Claire have all panned out and produced strong results. Of the side cast that don't have a lot of content, Donna and Priti really stand out to me as having well thought out concepts/hooks.

Of the remaining charachters with content in 0.8, I think that Lucy (I think) the maid, Cassie (I think?) the blond bully, The twins, and Sally all strike me as examples of charachters in need of a stronger hook. Rationales:

- The maid thing is non-psychological. She doesn't seem to have like some kind of charachter conflict rooted in cleaning his house or whatever. It needs more for her as a charachter to do. Also, "maid" doesn't strike me as quite enough of a sexual hook. That's really more of an outfit in this case.
- There is, I think, the roots of a good storyline for Cassie. But, there does strike me as some kind of missing ingrediant here. If I had to wildly speculate as to what would make it work, I'd say that some kind of "Appearance Change" type mechanic of gradual changes in her looks and demeanor is what's missing. Also some kind of clearer core kink (like with Amy/Rachel). But, god alone knows what a struggling mess a progresive appearance change mechanic would be to impliment. But, "play side" that's what it feels like it needs.
- Twins. Yeah, just not feeling them for some reason. Could be personal in this case. But, for a sexual hook, I think "twins" is a bit underwhelming. Needs "Twins And" if that makes sense. But, I saw something about a big event with them coming up so feelings tbd.
- Sally. Yeah, can't put my finger on this one either. Something's just not clicking for me. I guess it's because she seems kind of static.

If this has been useful to you, I'll give you my feedback on 0.9 and the girls who got content there when it comes out legally.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Many players seem to get stuck on "if someone else gets a girl as well that's competition" when it's just sharing if you're into it, even if it's optional, so I get why that can be a headache. It's your game and your choice. I'll enjoy it anyway.
Well, I am a spoiled single child. I never had to share any toys, I never had to share any time of my parents, I never had to share any sweets. I'm not gonna start with sharing my girls with some idiot schoolkids (in this game, in others of course I am the idiot schoolkid myself). Much less so with a gangbang, when I'm supposed to protect them. This - for me - wouldn't make the slightest sense in context of the story: the HM with all his self delusion also is too selfish to do that, these are "his" girls.

"just" sharing doesn't begin to describe how controversial this kink is for many. You say "if you're into it", but not many are. It's not the same level as NTR probably, but close. And while I do not mind optional content at all, it always takes development time from the content I like.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Well, I am a spoiled single child. I never had to share any toys, I never had to share any time of my parents, I never had to share any sweets. I'm not gonna start with sharing my girls with some idiot schoolkids (in this game, in others of course I am the idiot schoolkid myself). Much less so with a gangbang, when I'm supposed to protect them. This - for me - wouldn't make the slightest sense in context of the story: the HM with all his self delusion also is too selfish to do that, these are "his" girls.

"just" sharing doesn't begin to describe how controversial this kink is for many. You say "if you're into it", but not many are. It's not the same level as NTR probably, but close. And while I do not mind optional content at all, it always takes development time from the content I like.
The developer has to make the game they want. They can take feedback and decide whether to use it but ultimately it needs to be their game.

Your points about context are worth consideration (I don't immediately agree, but it's something to think about.) Your response seems well considered which is not what I usually expect when people make this type of objection, based on past experience of this site.

I just don't like the "I don't like a kink, don't include it even if optional" attitude displayed by many. I am very turned off by pregnancy. But if a dev wants to include it as optional content I'm good with that. If they want to include it as required content I'm also good with that. I want to know so I don't play the game but it's still the dev's game and their choice. I get this takes time away from other content but for most people there will always be something they prefer, ref: the discussion about which girls take preference. It's rare you're going to find a game where absolutely everything/everyone is of interest to you.

No need to keep going at this. The dev has been clear it's not happening. I mostly wanted to respond because you took the time to articulate a more reasonable objection than most.

User312

Apr 19, 2018
I have a "bug", where some scenes I played through, are still displayed as beeing locked in the replay menu...

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
for mac users who can't wait, u can just use wine application to run the windows file and it works
Not so great with Catalina...I have an older machine that I use for Win games but I can wait for a week and play with other games. BTW, this is a favourite of mine!

ptrchp

Oct 6, 2018
Not so great with Catalina...I have an older machine that I use for Win games but I can wait for a week and play with other games. BTW, this is a favourite of mine!
Download the Ren'py SDK and use it to build a mac version (or play it through the Ren'py application), I have Catalina and this method works flawlessly.

1zaza1

Oct 22, 2017
I skipped the last update, so I'm enjoying playing this again from the beginning.

Some bugs I noticed in 0.9.1 beta:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 251 Votes