TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I will give to you that the term "courtship" is ambiguous. However, it should be more IMO than just trying to get it on - then it would just be a foursome, and MC hiring three hookers isn't really a "harem", neither is some group action at a drunk party. There needs to be some kind of connection and long term idea of this continuing.
Well, a foursome is group sex, different tag, and hiring a hooker is a one time thing, I am talking about people you can regularly go to for sexual favors. Someone you can go to pretty much whenever you want, and you have a few of those here.
:unsure: I don't think anyone is openly courting the HM... Sally made it clear she isn't interested in a relationship. I think Claire is power drunk, Rachel has an infatuation on the HM but I don't think she sees her as his girlfriend, Debbie likes Sally, Amy likes sex, Liz is captain horny but she gets off on the reaction of others about her nakedness, she doesn't care if the HM is the one watching her naked or not and Lucy is in love with money. As for the consensual sex part, it's hard to say 'cause the only one you can have regular (butt) sex with is Amy and she herself has multiple consensual sexual partners... so maybe we're looking at this the wrong way and THERE IS AN HAREM IN THE GAME; AMY'S. (and we are part of it)
Well, to be fair, in games where I have an actual harem, I don't 'court' (woo with the intents of marriage) any of them, I just go do stuff with them. You don't usually 'court' a harem girl, you just have fun with them. You don't generally marry the women in a harem, romance is not part of the deal in many cases. Sex is not love, and love is not sex, it is nice when they overlap, but friends with benefits should work, as should a sex slave (in the right genre), or any other form. There are any kinds of harems, and they are not all the same as a fully polyamorous relationship/marriage.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, to be fair, in games where I have an actual harem, I don't 'court' (woo with the intents of marriage) any of them, I just go do stuff with them. You don't usually 'court' a harem girl, you just have fun with them. You don't generally marry the women in a harem, romance is not part of the deal in many cases. Sex is not love, and love is not sex, it is nice when they overlap, but friends with benefits should work, as should a sex slave (in the right genre), or any other form. There are any kinds of harems, and they are not all the same as a fully polyamorous relationship/marriage.
True, but all of them again have something of a "lasting relationship" (where relationship does not have to mean marriage, engagement, or going steady). Also, for me a harem needs a "center". Just some commune of 8 people who will "benefit" each other but are free to do whatever they want with whomever they like is an okay style of living, but to me not a harem. So as of now, possible oversights notwithstanding, I'd say for a constellation to feel "harem" to me (individually) needs to have a couple of things going on:

1) More than three people involved (I agree with the definition here).
2) One central person in whom everybody else is interested.
3) Everybody knows everything about the constellation and is okay with it.
4) Other persons of the harem may have relationships of any kind between them but not outside the harem, and they wouldn't usually have this relationship without the central character (some exceptions may exist, but "everyone with everyone" is not a harem to me). The central person may or may not pursue external relationships with or without approval from people in the harem.
5) A "long term commitment" - not necessarily from a legal point of view, like marriage, but the idea that for the forseeable future at least this arrangement will continue.

So for now for me, 1 and 2 look set in the long run, 3 has yet to materialize, as does 5. 4 would be a bit complicated to judge for me with Sally/Izzy if Izzy won't go for the MC.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
True, but all of them again have something of a "lasting relationship" (where relationship does not have to mean marriage, engagement, or going steady). Also, for me a harem needs a "center". Just some commune of 8 people who will "benefit" each other but are free to do whatever they want with whomever they like is an okay style of living, but to me not a harem. So as of now, possible oversights notwithstanding, I'd say for a constellation to feel "harem" to me (individually) needs to have a couple of things going on:

1) More than three people involved (I agree with the definition here).
2) One central person in whom everybody else is interested.
3) Everybody knows everything about the constellation and is okay with it.
4) Other persons of the harem may have relationships of any kind between them but not outside the harem, and they wouldn't usually have this relationship without the central character (some exceptions may exist, but "everyone with everyone" is not a harem to me). The central person may or may not pursue external relationships with or without approval from people in the harem.
5) A "long term commitment" - not necessarily from a legal point of view, like marriage, but the idea that for the forseeable future at least this arrangement will continue.

So for now for me, 1 and 2 look set in the long run, 3 has yet to materialize, as does 5. 4 would be a bit complicated to judge for me with Sally/Izzy if Izzy won't go for the MC.
1) We are borderline here, again, depending on what you call sex here.
2) Obviously done in pretty much every game of this type.
3) We are getting there... Many of them either know of have an inkling. If they don't know, they are not paying attention.
4) I kind of disagree with the 'outside the harem' thing, while that is preferred, I don't see that as mandatory in any way.
5) Depends on what you call 'long term', to me, as long as you can keep going back to them for the length of the game, then that is good enough.

Reactions: Cartageno

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
well, that depends on how do you define "semantics"...

Nah, just kidding. :)
please don't kill me.
Nope no killing, but you will be made to be Donnas footstool unless that is your thing, then it is Mr Wilsons foot stool, and if that is your thing, then someone will be by with a white jacket for you, nevermind it is put on backwards.

• Haha
Reactions: yuserneim

yuserneim

Mar 16, 2019

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
bug in sprinkler punishment states +4 discipline and -2 popularity, but only gives +2 discipline and -2 popularity

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
Personally I'm a Lucy fan, really looking forward to more content with her. Liz went from being easily ignored to "Hello Hottie!" with this last update but I'm honestly over Amy at this point. lol

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
Can someone tell me where is the key that Sally asks for? and also I cant avoid to give Priti's password to Mr Wilson?
Can't help with the Priti thing cause I gave him the password without questioning it but for Sally's keys you have to progress further in the rest of the game and eventually the groundskeeper will find them and give them to you.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes