missfitt

Oct 24, 2020
The walkthrough isn't linear though because the game isn't. While it would be possible to do a real "click by click" instruction, leaving no choice to the player at all just limiting them to aping the mouseclicks/decisions suggested by the document, this would already face its limitations with the RNG, you may have Ms Potts performing better or worse than the walkthrough assumes, you may have faced different encounters while patrolling so the girls do not like you enough to take the next step at the suggested time.

A "linear walkthrough" however would completely break down the moment you have deviated from it once, since certain prerequisites may not be met in time or similar and following it wouldn't help anymore.

It's a bit like in the olden days when route planners existed but GPS devices did not. You got your printout of the route and would reach your destination easily - up to the point where you do not see an exit and miscount. And now all future directions are completely useless, because of course the secound roundabout where you have to take the third exit will be in a completely different area of the town.

In the end, for a sandbox style game like The Headmaster it is not possible to write a walkthrough which will take you out of any individual problem you may encounter. You will from time to time need to do some mental arithmetic (figuratively speaking) to find out where you are and how to proceed. This is true for many games around here.

Oh, and Phil5k isn't the game developer, just somebody who likes this game and volunteered quite a lot of work to help others with the walkthrough. However, if there is some specific information missing, he'll be able to include it. But it will never be possible to cover all possibilities.
" But it will never be possible to cover all possibilities. " Why not ????

it's a scripted multiple choice program ?? and a lot of the choices have same outcome in the end ????

As i said already, Walkthrough was no help at all for the problem i ran into !
Game dead ended as i was unable to gain the necessary amount of influence points (4) to change any of the rules at the meeting to progress the gameplay anywhere anyhow, so telling me the girls don't do this or that or i have to change whatever is useless information !!! i tried for days in the gameplay to do all those things but 99% is impossible unless you first Aquire the influence points to change the rules that allow you to do the things you listed ok
You once again did not read correctly or understand what i wrote !!!!!! maybe my keyboard is stuck again ???
This problem was right at the beginning of the game its pretty important detail in gameplay and walkthrough ignores it completely from the beginning where it is essential, not asking for an (a) (b) (c) answer book, just first things first really ! would be better,
As i said you may not have understood i don't usually use walkthroughs where possible
Struggled along time with this game. before resorting to looking for walktrough which was of no use what so ever for problem i had encountered, and as i stated above if you care to read it, i figured it out eventually but no thanks to walkthrough ok
game is ok nice work not usually what i normally play ! but fine ok
just was frustrated at how easy it is to get dead ended right from start nearly
Was even more disappointed walkthrough glossed over it (influence points) kinda very important info from start how to acquire them, and not loose all grade points at same time !!! just pointing this out, maybe no one else found this a problem i don't know, honest experience playing this and using walkthrough not having go at anyone
Only played once and not gonna be regular player of this one,
peace out !!

Last edited:

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
Hi missfitt, thanks for your comments about the walkthrough. As yuserneim and Cartageno have already said, I'm always happy to try and improve the walkthrough

The Walk through is completely useless in this regard as no coherent explanation of how to gain the influence points at the start to begin with.[...] it was useless it skipped straight to using influence points no mention of how to collect them, walk through should maybe explain this better to start with, might help others not get dead ended right at beginning of the game ?
I'm assuming you're referring to section QM1.5 on page 14? Yeah, you're right, I need to include a better reference to the influence points available.

I have actually included a list of all the influence points, which is on page 171. But you're right, that's not easy enough to find - I'll link a direct link or something.

like a few other walk troughs i seen, it's not linear enough, (jumps all over the place and makes assumptions you have progressed to points you may not have reached because of problem it has not explained whatsoever)
" But it will never be possible to cover all possibilities. " Why not ????
it's a scripted multiple choice program ?? and a lot of the choices have same outcome in the end ????
I don't think it's fair to regard this game as simply a linear visual novel-style game. It's more like one of those choose-your-own-adventure type books. And yeah, a walkthrough for one of those books would unfortunately "jump all over the place". :ROFLMAO:

I tried to explain this at the start of the walkthrough:
This is not a linear game. Instead, you will often find yourself trying to complete several different objectives at once. Because of this, it is not possible to provide a standard step-by-step walkthrough. Instead, this guide contains several different sections, which are designed to help you with individual quests and other actions that you will need to complete
For example, there are 11 influence points available. Sure, by the end of the game, you'll want to get them all. But the player has options about which ones to focus on first, and in some case you can choose different options. For example, you can give Mr Wilson the pictures, or you can get him the prostitute.

So in general, I try not to tell the player what they "should" do. Instead, I generally just try to tell them what options they have. I wanted to give players the freedom to play the game the way they wanted. But if that's not helpful enough, or not clear enough, then I'm happy to look at ways of improving the walkthrough.

person writing it (game developer) of course understands it but person playing game for first time will not
I'm not the game developer, and I'm not affiliated with the game developer in any way. I'm simply a moderately-obsessive fan who has spent too many hours playing the game. :p

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Um isn't the school only accessible by train because of the rough terrain or something, to stop the girls leaving.

missfitt

Oct 24, 2020
Hi missfitt, thanks for your comments about the walkthrough. As yuserneim and Cartageno have already said, I'm always happy to try and improve the walkthrough

I'm assuming you're referring to section QM1.5 on page 14? Yeah, you're right, I need to include a better reference to the influence points available.

I have actually included a list of all the influence points, which is on page 171. But you're right, that's not easy enough to find - I'll link a direct link or something.

I don't think it's fair to regard this game as simply a linear visual novel-style game. It's more like one of those choose-your-own-adventure type books. And yeah, a walkthrough for one of those books would unfortunately "jump all over the place". :ROFLMAO:

I tried to explain this at the start of the walkthrough:

For example, there are 11 influence points available. Sure, by the end of the game, you'll want to get them all. But the player has options about which ones to focus on first, and in some case you can choose different options. For example, you can give Mr Wilson the pictures, or you can get him the prostitute.

So in general, I try not to tell the player what they "should" do. Instead, I generally just try to tell them what options they have. I wanted to give players the freedom to play the game the way they wanted. But if that's not helpful enough, or not clear enough, then I'm happy to look at ways of improving the walkthrough.

I'm not the game developer, and I'm not affiliated with the game developer in any way. I'm simply a moderately-obsessive fan who has spent too many hours playing the game. :p

Thanks for taking the time to reply but as stated twice now above i figured my way out of problem sorry but walkthrough was of no help explaining where and why game had dead ended ok
I have already been told you not dev of this game thanks again for clearing this up
but you still wrote the walkthrough so of course you understand it, is my point sorry if i wrote this in confusing way
but for me reading it, it was completely useless for problem i found ok not able to progress the game right at the start because i hadn't acquired the influence points needed ( all of witch is stated above clearly not sure why i'm having write it again) and walkthrough totally ignores this part of the game at the beginning where it's pretty essential ok
in fact if i remember correctly walkthrough goes straight to explaining how to use your influence points to change school rules, bit unhelpful and big assumption if you struggling to acquire them in first place. fare point i think ok !!!
now if my situation or experiences with game and walkthrough are annoying people ?
Forum ? yes ? for sharing thoughts and experience of playing the games ? yes ? not trying dent anyone's ego ok
Thanks again !

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Um isn't the school only accessible by train because of the rough terrain or something, to stop the girls leaving.
Well, there is a town that can be accessed well enough for a date with Sam, and there is another school close enough for students from there to potentially sneak over. We also have the fact that the school would have to get supplies somehow, so odds are there are deliveries being made with food and other stuff, not to mention everything the HM orders manages to arrive, and she could have bribed one of them in some way or maybe she managed to hack the internet to get similar deliveries, hard to say.

Reactions: Havik79
Jun 5, 2019
How does one get to the gallery menu (or cheat) with the new update? I don't want to redo things the long way on a new file, and I desire to gander at the lewd events once more.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
How does one get to the gallery menu (or cheat) with the new update? I don't want to redo things the long way on a new file, and I desire to gander at the lewd events once more.
Same as always after day one, hit the replay button, then hit the big red button 3 times.

Reactions: TheDevian

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yes, but I believe the virgin tag is only applied when you deflower one, which has not happened yet.
Correct. Definition is "Sex act involving virgins and the loss of virginity."

Otherwise a lot of games would need the "virgin" tag if they include young non-sexual side characters, and those liking the kink might be a tad disappointed.

Reactions: TheDevian

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well not yet, but Rachel and Debbie are virgins and we will fuck them both.

yuserneim

Mar 16, 2019
Well, there is a town that can be accessed well enough for a date with Sam, and there is another school close enough for students from there to potentially sneak over. We also have the fact that the school would have to get supplies somehow, so odds are there are deliveries being made with food and other stuff, not to mention everything the HM orders manages to arrive, and she could have bribed one of them in some way or maybe she managed to hack the internet to get similar deliveries, hard to say.
The town might be bigger than we thought if we remember Sam and her sister have a farm, and there's a lake and a small forest where we found the old HM's wallet... It might be isloated, but it isn't a small town, that's for sure. I wouldn't be surprised there's a local store which can supply all things a school needs... And if that weren't the case, we also need to consider that the school's owners have vast resources and could provide the school supplies from their own companies themselves. Mykock brought Cummings and Swallows in a goddamn helicopter, so they have the money. (How did Swallows came to the school on her own is another mystery for another day)

As far as who's providing Harriet with the goods it is hard to know yet. It COULD be Mykock himself, y'know, just to create chaos and getting more girls in trouble so they can get punished and therefore filmed... which would mean Harriet and Mykock know each other, which could mean Harriet might be our spy... It might also be Harriet herself stealing the goods when they arrive... or, the most likely (so far) in my opinion; Harriet and Maria Consuelo cut out some sort of deal where Maria gets her all the stuff you won't get in the school, like Charlotte's cigarrettes or Priti's chocolate and Harriet gives Maria, er... let's say some "relief" ;) You know the question I haven't been able to figure out is; If Harriet can get you anything you want with her clandestine business, why didn't she get Liz some panties when they got stained... Some friend you are, Harriet!

... Also, while we're talking about Harriet... I'm surprised the HM hasn't made any comments on Harriet wearing black underwear when he spies on them. I was sure he would have figured something put to get her out the rooms wearing her black bra and panties so she can get spanked.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Okay, here comes my virginity guesswork (some of which may be contradicted by in game info). A slight slant towards virginity is to be expected in such games if compared to real life, I'll try to account for it

Likely to certainly virgins are IMO: Arabella, Debbie, Faye, Rachel, Emily, Priti

No clue whatsoever (probably more likely given the nature of these games): Ada, Cassandra, Lucy, Mary & Louise, Maxine, Nina

Likely to certainly not: Alice, Amy, April, Charlotte, Donna, Harriet, Jasmine, Liz, Olivia, Zoe, all staff

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes