Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I do wish we could, I would love to take a paddle to Altos right now, but not for the delay but for seeing yet another new girl being added to the game, too many girls in the game.
I don't see that in the update quoted earlier, however there was still one (last) spot for a girl when compared to the original plans (okay, it was a rough estimate back then).

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
V10 previews, batch 2, preview 23.
There is only one black girl in the game, and she is too tall and dark to be Harriet.

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
There are two new students in the next update although neither is a new character. Both have been in the character log for several updates now. I'm only delivering what was promised previously and setting up for content down the line. Also, neither character actually gets much screen time and the focus, as always, is on existing characters. Lucy, Amy, Rachel, Debbie, Samantha, the twins and Miss Potts are the ones with actual progress.
I've got one more girl after that to introduce for chapter 2, Zoe, the new antagonist who I've been building up to. After that, there probably won't be any new girls for while and I'll work my way through the existing characters' stories in the order decided by patrons.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
There is only one black girl in the game, and she is too tall and dark to be Harriet.
You forgot the one in the magazine with Amy, they have been talking about adding her since we saw that magazine. Can't get legitimately mad about them adding someone they said they were going to add like a year ago. Not to mention all the girls in that last collection of girls that will continue to be added...

The more the merrier.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
As has been said, Arabella, Jasmin, Olivia, and Zoe were teasered and as such already a promise and "in the game" (even though I think Zoe is so far only mentioned in-game, the graphics we saw were only from the poll) for quite a few months. I won't count that as a "new girl" at all.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So a year ago it was promised, so what would another couple of months mattered, we barely had a chance for the last new girl to join the school.

No, it is not more the merrier, Trixie's story hasn't gone anywhere in like a year, nor Nina, not to mention Megan Markel, er I mean Donna she still has no story yet, and how long since April and Charlotte were supposed to be punished for the big classroom event.

It's just frustrating there being characters that could have some cool backstory but they keep getting left on the backburner.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So a year ago it was promised, so what would another couple of months mattered, we barely had a chance for the last new girl to join the school.

No, it is not more the merrier, Trixie's story hasn't gone anywhere in like a year, nor Nina, not to mention Megan Markel, er I mean Donna she still has no story yet, and how long since April and Charlotte were supposed to be punished for the big classroom event.

It's just frustrating there being characters that could have some cool backstory but they keep getting left on the backburner.
Trixie's story did just get updated, remember that whole conversation with the science teacher last time?

We know some of Donna's story, she is a rich bitch. Don't really care.

April and Charlotte ...um, one update ago?

Megan Markel? WTF?

Blame the supporters voting, or become one and vote yourself.

Personally, I like variety, so yes, the more the merrier. There are even more girls at the school we haven't met yet and I look forward to most of them. It's a classroom, there should be like 20-30 people per class, and at least 4-5 classes... That's a lot of people...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Yes, it was promised. And yes, people asked about them (except for Zoe). And if your idea came to pass, people would have complained that a promise was broken, and that would have been a very valid complaint.

That does not mean that your idea of development is in any way wrong. There are good points on which to argue that "these are our characters, nothing more" would have been a good move. Regardless of the question itself though, it is best to introduce all characters as early as possible, so you do not have to rewrite stuff later on to fit that one extra girl in.

All of that is somewhat academic though, the question isn't whether it would have been a great move to do it differently half a year ago. People who follow this thread generally knew that. This ship has sailed, it is milk spilled, there is no use crying over it months later.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Personally, I like variety, so yes, the more the merrier. There are even more girls at the school we haven't met yet and I look forward to most of them. It's a classroom, there should be like 20-30 people per class, and at least 4-5 classes... That's a lot of people...
OT: As a former teacher: no, there shouldn't be 20-30 pupils in one class. Way too many to be able to account for individual strengths and weaknesses enough. However, you are correct that in real life there probably will be.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Oh come on, Megan Markel, rich cunt no one likes, obviously a reference to Donna.

I was a supporter for the better part of a year, but seeing as how 2 people liked to leak everything within minutes of being released just so they could get their precious likes, I gave up supporting this game.

Um no sorry but that is retarded, if the old schooling system is failing, then this new school should have a limited number of girls in each class.

I can't swim to save my ass, maybe if instead of being in a class of 30 every year I could have had more support and been better, same with my shitty spelling, well beyond being dyslexic.

We were also promised when we punish Debbie we could have her have an orgasm each time with Sally, that still hasn't been added.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
OT: As a former teacher: no, there shouldn't be 20-30 pupils in one class. Way too many to be able to account for individual strengths and weaknesses enough. However, you are correct that in real life there probably will be.
Well, true, I just mean as most classes go, I meant to say that is normal, not that it is ideal. I was going to say that for this kind of thing, smaller classes make more sense anyway, but any way you look at it, look at how many we see in a class and multiply that by about 5, and we have about the population of the current student body.
Oh come on, Megan Markel, rich cunt no one likes, obviously a reference to Donna.

I was a supporter for the better part of a year, but seeing as how 2 people liked to leak everything within minutes of being released just so they could get their precious likes, I gave up supporting this game.

Um no sorry but that is retarded, if the old schooling system is failing, then this new school should have a limited number of girls in each class.

I can't swim to save my ass, maybe if instead of being in a class of 30 every year I could have had more support and been better, same with my shitty spelling, well beyond being dyslexic.

We were also promised when we punish Debbie we could have her have an orgasm each time with Sally, that still hasn't been added.
Yeah, I don't see many people hating on her except racists, so I don't see it, but then I could not care less about what the royals or ex royals do or don't do. I tend to avoid stories about them when we have important things to talk about.

So, since some people gave their rewards away, you punish the dev ...makes sense.

Again, sorry, I wasn't talking ideal, I was just comparing to what is considered 'normal'.

That was hinted at, not really promised, but again, this comes down to what they vote on. I can't say I am fan of letting the supporters decide what stories get added or in what order (look at Summertime Saga, still has old content breaking the game, that they don't fix, because it never gets voted for), but that is how it works here, and it's their right to do it that way. We can't change it, and those of us not paying, can't really bitch about it.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019
lol, what? people on a piracy site were leaking the game so you decided to stop paying the dev, who had no part in them leaking the game?

I think the only game I've seen that doesn't just get immediately leaked is price for freedom, and that's just because they implemented some patreon DRM thing that can take a little bit for people to update the crack for.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
lol, what? people on a piracy site were leaking the game so you decided to stop paying the dev, who had no part in them leaking the game?

I think the only game I've seen that doesn't just get immediately leaked is price for freedom, and that's just because they implemented some patreon DRM thing that can take a little bit for people to update the crack for.
No, he is talking about bonus content, not the game.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: actualrealname

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
No, he is talking about bonus content, not the game.
No, I am talking about the game.

I supported Runey of Harem Hotel for over a year for 10 bucks a month, in return we got access to beta builds, early info, and previews, and for that time only once was there a leak and Runey did something quickly about it, we supported him, he asked us to respect his work and no leak shit because he only wanted people to see his best work, and we didn't leak, and that was the point of supporting his game, we got stuff before others, and he got to live off our money.

Altos has chosen not to, and after I think it was 8 months of supporting this game I gave up because sadly we are in a world now where people need likes to feel accepted, and it is tied to their self-worth, and within minutes of anything Altos posted, 2 users who have a sad need for said likes would leak everything, so I decided if the only benefit to supporting the dev was a good feeling, and nothing special because people needed to be validated with likes so they fucked over fellow patrons, I decided to stop.

• Angry
Reactions: Bakkalon and Reij

AltosandHerdone

Game Developer
Jan 5, 2019
No, I am talking about the game.

I supported Runey of Harem Hotel for over a year for 10 bucks a month, in return we got access to beta builds, early info, and previews, and for that time only once was there a leak and Runey did something quickly about it, we supported him, he asked us to respect his work and no leak shit because he only wanted people to see his best work, and we didn't leak, and that was the point of supporting his game, we got stuff before others, and he got to live off our money.

Altos has chosen not to, and after I think it was 8 months of supporting this game I gave up because sadly we are in a world now where people need likes to feel accepted, and it is tied to their self-worth, and within minutes of anything Altos posted, 2 users who have a sad need for said likes would leak everything, so I decided if the only benefit to supporting the dev was a good feeling, and nothing special because people needed to be validated with likes so they fucked over fellow patrons, I decided to stop.
What exactly do you want me to do about the leaks Havik? What did Runey do about it that was so effective? I have already asked people here not to share the beta. It seems unfair to hold a grudge against me about this.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes