Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I played this a while ago, can you fuck any students yet?
There's anal with Amy ("athletic girl"). But if that's what you're primarily looking for, you'll probably be disappointed - and also probably stay that way. To repeat what I was saying in an earlier post: while probably sooner or later every girl, or at least the main ones, will get their fair "share of the headmaster", that isn't the primary focus of the game. So stuff will happen, but limited and with large gaps inbetween.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
There's anal with Amy ("athletic girl"). But if that's what you're primarily looking for, you'll probably be disappointed - and also probably stay that way. To repeat what I was saying in an earlier post: while probably sooner or later every girl, or at least the main ones, will get their fair "share of the headmaster", that isn't the primary focus of the game. So stuff will happen, but limited and with large gaps inbetween.
You can have vaginal or anal sex with her in the shower now too.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Antwit

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
finished v11 beta and liked it, story progressed well for Cassandra and Debbie, renders are very good, punishment system good, almost everything in general good, wait almost? yes and reason is the feeling when playing, it seems short by the way that the focus was distributed in this update.
There is a game called Fashion Monica Business, which makes small updates every 45/60 days, but with the content separated into small evolutions for several routes, which gives a feeling of greater content and a greater evolution in the story, if you take it the entire game to play, The Headmaster is excellent, but this update felt more of the same, different from the last ones, the focus on Cassandra was great, don't get me wrong, but when looking around, it seemed empty you know? well I don't know it might just be a bad feeling.
Something that hasn't helped is that we've had further story advancement seeded for a while now, but it hasn't happened yet. So things like a second date with your assistant, updated hallway conversations with some of the girls, advancement for Priti, D&D, Ms. Chang, visiting Ms. Newman at home, the former headmaster plot, the nudist area at the lake, the cafeteria, etc. It tends to make the game feel lower on content because you keep getting told "this is coming soon!" And the longer it stay in "coming soon", the less it feels like it's going to be addressed. Diving deep into one character's story also tends to make things feel like they're moving too quickly (which contributes to feeling short) and gives them attention in the future because we've seen so much of them already.

My suggestion would be to go for more breadth and less depth in future updates. Sure, write up the ideas now when they come to mind, but advance several storylines by one step rather than one by multiple steps. That's not even to say that, like with writing, you can't do some of that work now if it's easier, but then hold it back so you can include more content in the future.

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
I know it takes time and effort to make a game, but in a situation where almost every storyline ends with 'continued in the next update' I really want to tell the game to fuck off.

Reactions: ronehjr

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I know it takes time and effort to make a game, but in a situation where almost every storyline ends with 'continued in the next update' I really want to tell the game to fuck off.
Do you expect storylines to be finished this early in the game though? That normally doesn't happen until the end in most games...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This is a game in development. By its very definition it is not finished. If you want games without storylines stopping in the midst of the tracks, look for those with "[Completed]" in the title.

MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
Do you expect storylines to be finished this early in the game though? That normally doesn't happen until the end in most games...
Literally the first bit of my comment says that no, I do not.

This is a game in development. By its very definition it is not finished. If you want games without storylines stopping in the midst of the tracks, look for those with "[Completed]" in the title.
Yeah, I get that, I'm mostly concerned it's gonna be like with Lab Rats2, where vren just keeps promising to finish all the storylines, while not working on any of them and adding new stuff to attract more players instead. I mean he just now, in v42 finished Emily's storyline, that was promised to be finished in v39.

And just to clarify, I do get that and I was a little bit of venting frustration, but here are few examples that actually upset me:
1. Teacher's yoga class on weekend - why does say so? Why not just make the gym empty when you enter it on weekends, and simply add yoga class once it's implemented?
2. Ada's story - why go through the actual questline to obtain access to her mobile and get an icon on the computer if the only thing you get is a message about there not being any content?
Why can we click on options if all we get is information that we don't get anything?

BTW just like with LR2, I'm hoping one day there will be The Headmaster 2 with randomly generated students etc

notme222

Jul 6, 2021
I think the alternative would be worse. Imagine playing the game and trying to get to the next level when you actually can't because it isn't done yet. I'd rather the game tells me so I don't waste my time.

My suggestion would be to go for more breadth and less depth in future updates. Sure, write up the ideas now when they come to mind, but advance several storylines by one step rather than one by multiple steps. That's not even to say that, like with writing, you can't do some of that work now if it's easier, but then hold it back so you can include more content in the future.
That's interesting. I worry that it would be differently frustrating. If this update had one level with Cassandra, one level with Priti, one date with Samantha, and a new scene in the cafeteria, that would be some nice variety. But no sense of resolution on any of it, and we'd need to remember the lessons about Cassandra's psychology for another 3 months. I find it easier to remember that she was insecure but now she's my hostess in training.

Also I'm not sure to what level the story has to come in order. I don't think you can complete Cassandra without Debbie trained. Maybe we need Cassandra to host an event so we make a connection to the boys school so we can punish Liz in front of them?

I do see your point though. Some lines almost seems abandoned at this point and a small update to them would alleviate that.

Imskel

Apr 23, 2017
While I enjoy playing this game ALOT I am stating to want to wait for a few updates I am seeing too many "will be updated in next version" after every quest.

Reactions: T_Abraxas

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Not bad, found Cass stuff mostly boring, except for the blowing.

Loved the Lucy stuff, and the option to get to know her better, by far my favourite girl.

I hope we get to have some more fun with Sally soon.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Literally the first bit of my comment says that no, I do not.

Yeah, I get that, I'm mostly concerned it's gonna be like with Lab Rats2, where vren just keeps promising to finish all the storylines, while not working on any of them and adding new stuff to attract more players instead. I mean he just now, in v42 finished Emily's storyline, that was promised to be finished in v39.

And just to clarify, I do get that and I was a little bit of venting frustration, but here are few examples that actually upset me:
1. Teacher's yoga class on weekend - why does say so? Why not just make the gym empty when you enter it on weekends, and simply add yoga class once it's implemented?
2. Ada's story - why go through the actual questline to obtain access to her mobile and get an icon on the computer if the only thing you get is a message about there not being any content?
Why can we click on options if all we get is information that we don't get anything?

BTW just like with LR2, I'm hoping one day there will be The Headmaster 2 with randomly generated students etc
Then why are you getting pissed off about it? You said you wanted to tell them to fuck off, because an incomplete game is incomplete.

This isn't one of those games where you can just finish this part or that part without the rest, it's all building up to something. As for the rest, the patrons vote on what gets to go next.

1&2) A teaser, to get you interested, seeing if people want to see more, and to start getting it ready to go for later maybe?

Reactions: January2015

OldPringles

Jun 20, 2021
When I got the new material, I decided to play the game through from the start again, and in doing so, I found some issues. I know the Dev is active here, so I figured this would be the best way to reach out to him.

The biggest issue I found is sequencing with the new material. You can progress Cassandra all the way to the end of her new content, without the necessary progress on Debbie. Specifically, you can have a discussion with Cassandra about the blowjob you received from Debbie before you get the blowjob from Debbie.

There was a slight formatting issue with onomatopoeia in Cassandra’s content. When Mrs. Newman knocks on the door, to initiate punishment sequences for everyone else, you get “knock knock”. Most onomatopoeia in the game is lowercase, but for some (but not all) of Cassandra’s content, you get “Knock knock” instead.

There was another problem that I ran into, but it might have been separate from the new material – a soft lock on Amy’s content. If you do not progress her past step 5 on her Quest before you enter the second chapter of the game, events that allow you to summon her to your office will no longer fire, preventing any further progress on her quest line. You don’t run into her in the halls, on patrol, and you don’t run into her early in the classroom anymore. (And if you are wondering, yes, I did complete the Faye the Faker scenes in the Nurse’s office). I don’t know if this soft lock is a new issue, and old issue, or if it is intentional, but I have not seen it discussed here.

All in all, a strong showing of an update.

OldPringles

Jun 20, 2021
There was another problem that I ran into, but it might have been separate from the new material – a soft lock on Amy’s content. If you do not progress her past step 5 on her Quest before you enter the second chapter of the game, events that allow you to summon her to your office will no longer fire, preventing any further progress on her quest line. You don’t run into her in the halls, on patrol, and you don’t run into her early in the classroom anymore. (And if you are wondering, yes, I did complete the Faye the Faker scenes in the Nurse’s office). I don’t know if this soft lock is a new issue, and old issue, or if it is intentional, but I have not seen it discussed here.
Actually, scratch that. I kept trying, and took me two weeks of doing nothing but teaching classes, but the Amy forgot her tie event did finally fire. Which means that it is still possible to progress her after all. Of course, it is kind of a pain to get it in the current build, if you had not progressed Amy further than the fifth part/bullet on her Quest. Might be something for the Dev to look at, even if it is not the complete lock out that I thought it was. Sorry for any confusion.

Reactions: notme222

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
I think the alternative would be worse. Imagine playing the game and trying to get to the next level when you actually can't because it isn't done yet. I'd rather the game tells me so I don't waste my time.

That's interesting. I worry that it would be differently frustrating. If this update had one level with Cassandra, one level with Priti, one date with Samantha, and a new scene in the cafeteria, that would be some nice variety. But no sense of resolution on any of it, and we'd need to remember the lessons about Cassandra's psychology for another 3 months. I find it easier to remember that she was insecure but now she's my hostess in training.

Also I'm not sure to what level the story has to come in order. I don't think you can complete Cassandra without Debbie trained. Maybe we need Cassandra to host an event so we make a connection to the boys school so we can punish Liz in front of them?

I do see your point though. Some lines almost seems abandoned at this point and a small update to them would alleviate that.
Part of the problem is also the release/development format. As a full game with all of the content in place it will feel very different. The plots will be there to pursue as desired. But having it all come out piecemeal like this can really change the sense of pacing. The big concern is how much it changes the game. Some devs, particularly of sandbox games, over time move to producing increasingly episodic content with this more serialized format in mind and tend to move away from a "full game" mentality.

So while we got CLA episodes, for example, as a big single release, they'll be there to watch every week while you do other things. The Cassandra class/patrol events will show up interspersed with others instead of being the only new content that gets pushed to the fore.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Though I have seen at least one game where the developer completed it with two "in a future update" doors remaining.
It's kind of odd with what happens with getting Cass to level 5, and then after wards, she is swearing about her bum hurts and then saying bullshit.
Yes, that seemed odd to me as well. We're left with the default beginning despite progress.
While I enjoy playing this game ALOT I am stating to want to wait for a few updates I am seeing too many "will be updated in next version" after every quest.
Could be worse, DS is pretty haphazard about that in Glamour. Some quest lines will say "Finished for this update," others say nothing, making you think you're missing something. I'm also a little peeved when the label says, "Will be updated next update," for three or four updates.
The biggest issue I found is sequencing with the new material. You can progress Cassandra all the way to the end of her new content, without the necessary progress on Debbie. Specifically, you can have a discussion with Cassandra about the blowjob you received from Debbie before you get the blowjob from Debbie.
I've seen that in a few games, where ongoing there are prerequisites to new material, but the developer forgets to have that coded into the game (since it happened long ago for ongoing players).

Of course given Cassandra's name, perhaps she's experiencing the future.
Cassandra of myth was gifted with the ability to see the future, but cursed with the fact that no one will believe her.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 251 Votes