Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Wonder why quote my comment where I say " tried checking "unblock" in properties as someone here suggested but the option was not there " and then follow up with quote of the comment describing the unblock option in properties ???

Are you padding the sincount bro ? because it looks to me as if you are padding the sincount .... err I mean comments padding the comments :)
Whoopsie, you got me there. Not with padding the comments (I am not really in favor of these counters anyway) but in completely missing the part where you wrote that. Blame it on the Friday afternoon.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
so I copy/paste the save files from v13 and when I try to load them it say "This save was created on a different device. Maliciously constructed save files can harm your computer. Do you trust this save's creator and everyone who could have changed the file? Yes No "
I tried choosing "Yes" it wont load ,tried checking "unblock" in properties as someone here suggested but the option was not there ,tried restarting my pc still wont load.
put the same files back in v13 of the game(after I restored it from recycle bin) it loads every save sooooo how to load them in v14 ?
I'm not entirely sure I understand. Are your v13 and v14 versions of the game on the same machine. If so there is an additional file location that I can't recall the accurate name of (it's something like AppData/Ren'py/....). This means all saves from v13 and before should appear in later versions and be usable from the save menu as though they had been made directly in v14. If you are transferring saves between different machines then I can't add anything beyond what others here have said as I haven't experienced the issue.

Reactions: marcomemmey

Ragnarok6699

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not entirely sure I understand. Are your v13 and v14 versions of the game on the same machine. If so there is an additional file location that I can't recall the accurate name of (it's something like AppData/Ren'py/....). This means all saves from v13 and before should appear in later versions and be usable from the save menu as though they had been made directly in v14. If you are transferring saves between different machines then I can't add anything beyond what others here have said as I haven't experienced the issue.
yes both v13 and 14 are on same machine and i swap the save folders that are in Game folder did not move the one from AppData\Roaming\Renpy

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
yes both v13 and 14 are on same machine and i swap the save folders that are in Game folder did not move the one from AppData\Roaming\Renpy
You shouldn't need to move folders at all. For me the first time I loaded up a new version (in this case 14) my saves from the previous version are already accessible from the Save/Load menus, (because of the existence of that Appdata folder I think).

Edit:- And because this has worked everytime for multiple titles here I have often fileshredded the previous version off my machine before I open the new and it still finds my saves.

Ragnarok6699

Nov 2, 2017
The problem is not in game finding the saves I can see them in load screen the problem is when I try to load them I get the "This save was created on a different device. Maliciously constructed save files can harm your computer. Do you trust this save's creator and everyone who could have changed the file? Yes No"

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
The problem is not in game finding the saves I can see them in load screen the problem is when I try to load them I get the "This save was created on a different device. Maliciously constructed save files can harm your computer. Do you trust this save's creator and everyone who could have changed the file? Yes No"
But you've said yourself this is after moving folders around. I am just saying that I have never moved folders around and haven't run into this issue, so I was asking/explaining to see whether you had tried to do open up a fresh install without moving any saves around.

Also I don't think it'll be having an effect on my end but I have all these games saved to an external SSD and the AppData folder is on my Internal SSD just by the way Windows works.

Ragnarok6699

Nov 2, 2017
I kinda feel this is going round in circles I just moved the save folder from theHeadmsterV13/game to theHeadmasterV14/game did not touch the AppData/Roaming/renpy save files and then

"it say "This save was created on a different device. Maliciously constructed save files can harm your computer. Do you trust this save's creator and everyone who could have changed the file? Yes No "
I tried choosing "Yes" it wont load ,tried checking "unblock" in properties as someone here suggested but the option was not there ,tried restarting my pc still wont load."
the unblock does not appear in properties on any of the saves be it the ones in game or in renpy folder

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
I kinda feel this is going round in circles I just moved the save folder from theHeadmsterV13/game to theHeadmasterV14/game did not touch the AppData/Roaming/renpy save files and then

"it say "This save was created on a different device. Maliciously constructed save files can harm your computer. Do you trust this save's creator and everyone who could have changed the file? Yes No "
I tried choosing "Yes" it wont load ,tried checking "unblock" in properties as someone here suggested but the option was not there ,tried restarting my pc still wont load."
the unblock does not appear in properties on any of the saves be it the ones in game or in renpy folder
Theoretically, you should just be able to delete the saves from the game folder, as your system should be able to automatically recognize the ones in the appdata folder and load them. But this is just an assumption. Not sure, what happens now, that you already started the 0.14-game. I personally had no problem with changing from 0.13 to 0.14. I just could load my old saves (from the appdata-folder) without copying anything.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022

DO NOT MOVE ANY FOLDERS. THERE IS NO NEED TO.

After a fresh install of the game, start the game and see if your saves are present in the menu and try to open one if they are.

I repeat, DO NOT MOVE ANY FOLDERS.

Phil5k

Aug 3, 2018
The new Security Tokens... What you Need to Know

Ragnarok6699:

I'm now running into this problem a lot. Because I do a lot of testing, I often clear our my save folders (including the saves in my game folder, but also the "permanent" save folder in %AppData%.) And that means that I'm getting a lot of warnings telling me that my old saves were created on a different device.

I'm going try to and keep this simple, but there's some background you need to know. I got the initial information shown here from and then I experimented a lot :D .

(This assumes you are using a Windows computer. Mac details will be different.)

The new Security Tokens

New versions of Ren'Py now use security tokens to warn users when a save file is opened on a different device. The first time Ren'Py is run on a computer, it creates a token. This token is saved in %AppData%\RenPy\tokens (or Users\[user]\appdata\roaming\renpy\tokens).

The token (or security key) is then included in all new save files. When a save file is opened, the token embedded in the save file is checked against the computer token. If the two are not the same, you get the warning message. If a save file does not have a token, you also get the warning message.

The first time a game is run in a new version of Ren'Py, all saves for that game are checked. If the save files do not have a token, the token is added to the save files. So any saves that are in %AppData%\RenPy\HeadmasterDemo-1544382765 or \TheHeadmaster-0.14.3public-pc\game\saves\ will have the token automatically added. This means that you will then be able to open all those files without a warning.

However, if a save is NOT in either of those two locations, and you try to add it into the save folder(s) later, you will get the warning message.

Types of save file

This means that we are now essentially dealing with 3 types of save files:

1) NEW SAVE files that were created on your computer, and have your computer's security token saved inside the file. These will open without a problem.

2) OLD SAVE files created in an old version of Ren'Py that do not have a security token.
As mentioned above, when you first run a new version of Ren'Py for the first time, all OLD SAVE files in your save directories will be automatically converted to NEW SAVE files with a security token.
However, if you copy in an OLD SAVE file later, you will get the security warning.

3) DIFFERENT TOKEN save files. These are new save files but have a different token saved in the file that does not match your computer's security token. If you try to open one of these files, you will get the security warning. However, Ren'Py will then ask if you trust the device the save was created on. If you say yes, then you will be able to open any files that have the same token without the warning message appearing.

* * *​

How to fix the problem

There are 3 solutions to this problem that I've found. One is simple and safe, the other two are... more complicated.

1) The Simple Method: Resave the file

Open a save (including saying "yes", you trust it), and then resave it in the same slot. Yes, that's a pain if you've got a lot of saves, but it removes the message. And it's safe and simple.

(When you resave the file, your computer's security token will be added to the new save file. Which means you won't get the message when you re-open it.)

2) The More Complicated Method: Delete the security token

If you want to transfer a whole collection of save files (for example from a previous version of the game), you can delete the security token.
Go to %AppData%\RenPy\tokens\ (or [user]\roaming\renpy\tokens) and delete the files in there. This should remove the security warning when you open the files in your game.

Then BEFORE YOU START THE GAME, copy your old save files to %AppData%\RenPy\HeadmasterDemo-1544382765 and/or \TheHeadmaster-0.14.3public-pc\game\saves\

Edited to add: If that doesn't work, delete your %AppData%\RenPy\HeadmasterDemo-1544382765 folder as well as your token folder, and just copy your save files into \TheHeadmaster-0.14.3public-pc\game\saves folder before starting the game.

When you start the game, the computer will then automatically create a new security token, and will convert any OLD SAVE files to NEW SAVE files which have your new security token embedded. Your old saves should then open without a problem.

However, if you have any saves that you have created in the new version of Ren'Py, they will still have your OLD security token, not your new one. (In short, the game will now consider these to be DIFFERENT TOKEN save files because their token will no longer match your computer's token.)

Therefore, you will need to open up one of those files and then say that you trust the device the save was created on. This means that you should then be able to open up all the save files which have your computer's old token without a warning appearing.

3) Completely Disable the Security Token

Alternatively, you can completely disable the security token. To do this, open up the security_keys.txt file in %AppData%\RenPy\tokens. You will probably find a header line that says "signing-key" with the security key (a long line of random characters) below. You might also find a second key with the header "
verifying-key".

Delete the key(s) but leave the header(s). This means that the text file will either have 1 line that says "signing-key" or two lines that say:
signing-key​
verifying-key​

Close and save the text file. Then make the file read only. (Right click on the file, choose properties, and then tick the "Read-only" checkbox.) This should allow you to open any saves without a warning.

WARNING: Don't try messing around with your %AppData% folder and the security tokens unless you know what you're doing. I would also strongly recommend taking backups of the token folder before you remove it.

NOTE ON SAVE EDITORS: According to this post, using a save editor in the new version of Ren'Py is likely to break your save. You may be unable to open your modified save. I would suggest that you use the cheat menu in the game, and don't use a save editor.
UPDATE TO ADD: some initial testing suggests that using Option 3 (disabling the security token entirely) WILL allow you to use saves that have been altered by a save editor.

Hope this is helpful... good luck!

Edited to add warning about save editors, and additional suggestion to remove the %AppData% saves as well as the security token.
Edited again to add the third method, of disabling the security key entirely. Thanks to dotjeal in
this post for the information.

Last edited:

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Hello Peeps :

I just found this GEM of a game .
(How the Hell, did I miss it all this time . . . )
It is VERY reminiscent of the game, "Hentia-Highschool +"* , with 100% better graphics, and actual events, that are playable .
The only thing missing here, from that, different graphics-style game, is the ability to play as, a Female, or Hermaphrodite, Headmaster ! :(, (though, it is, a different style of game, from the original)
A lot of the Names, and character-styles, are similar, or, dead-on copies, of those, from the other game mentioned, which helps, with that welcome, feeling of nostalgia :cool: .

Question :
Anyone
, who has played most/all, of this game, know if, an "Art Class", has/had been added, (or, is planned, to be added), to the available types of, teachable Classes, the students will attend ?
( the 'other' game mentioned* above, had an Art Class, that was VERY helpful, to the Headmaster's plans, in "training/molding" their students !)
Seems that, an Art Class would fit well, in this "version" of the game, too ! (Dev ?) :love::sneaky:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Hello Peeps :

I just found this GEM of a game .
(How the Hell, did I miss it all this time . . . )
It is VERY reminiscent of the game, "Hentia-Highschool +"* , with 100% better graphics, and actual events, that are playable .
The only thing missing here, from that, different graphics-style game, is the ability to play as, a Female, or Hermaphrodite, Headmaster ! :(, (though, it is, a different style of game, from the original)
A lot of the Names, and character-styles, are similar, or, dead-on copies, of those, from the other game mentioned, which helps, with that welcome, feeling of nostalgia :cool: .

Question :
Anyone
, who has played most/all, of this game, know if, an "Art Class", has/had been added, (or, is planned, to be added), to the available types of, teachable Classes, the students will attend ?
( the 'other' game mentioned* above, had an Art Class, that was VERY helpful, to the Headmaster's plans, in "training/molding" their students !)
Seems that, an Art Class would fit well, in this "version" of the game, too ! (Dev ?) :love::sneaky:
Right now there are 5 main classes, Gym, English/Language, Math, History, Science. Each has their own teacher, with moments with those teachers. I don't know if they plan on adding art, but they will need another classroom for it, and teacher, and all the background that goes wtih it. I haven't seen any plans for it.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Another Question :

When the opportunely to purchase the "Cane", and the (rubber), "Golden Gun " were presented, I had my Headmaster purchase both .
They came the next day, and were received, (aka, taken) .
Later, when looking into the Briefcase (inventory), neither of those items were there ! :oops:
Is this a "Bug" . . . ?
Known or not, to the Dev's [Altos and Herdone ] ?

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Right now there are 5 main classes, Gym, English/Language, Math, History, Science. Each has their own teacher, with moments with those teachers. I don't know if they plan on adding art, but they will need another classroom for it, and teacher, and all the background that goes with it. I haven't seen any plans for it.
Didn't you forget "Swimming Class", it's an actual different "Classroom" from/with-in, the Gym, (since it has to be "re-built") .
Although, I haven't got to that as yet, so have no idea, how much content is actually provided . (and, Who, would/will, teach there, Sally, or someone else)
Also, What about "Dance" class ? . . . or, is there no actual content there ?

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
@ Altos and Herdone (or, anyone who can forward this info to them)

Okay, may have just found another "Bug" .

When punishing Amy, with the "riding crop", it seems to get stuck in a loop !
If you keep trying to proceed forward (left-click on mouse, as normal), nothing happens, as-in, no new/further dialog . . . the only way to 'proceed', is to change 'positions' .

So, one doesn't know if they are missing content, or not, because they had to 'jump' to a different position, to break-out-of, the "loop-de-loop", one was in ! :oops:

Also, it seems to change the intent of the actual point of this "punishing-of-Amy" content, because you have to change the actions, that have proved to be "less-efficient" , due to her "Buns of Steel" attitude .

Bug #2 . . . maybe ?
While doing another punishment, this time on Cassandra, (Level 1), when in OTK (over-the-knees/lap) position, when you have Sally, "apply the ointment", the "action/scene" for that procedure doesn't play, . . . instead, you see the "massage the buttocks" action/scene ! :oops:

EDIT #1 - It seems now, that this "Bug#2" is pertaining/happening, on every Punishment enacted, where you use the "Ointment" action/method ! :(

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 251 Votes