XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
Every game slows down as it progresses, because of improved quality, feature creep, and other improvements. What the devs can do and what they people want increase as time passes, so it takes longer to make that. If progress doesn't slow down, something is wrong.
Improvements in skills, tools, and discipline can offset feature and quality creep. A regular schedule is definitely not an indication that "something is wrong."

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Improvements in skills, tools, and discipline can offset feature and quality creep. A regular schedule is definitely not an indication that "something is wrong."
I didn't say a regular schedule, you can put things out at consistent intervals, but the amount per update gets less.
Improvements in skills means that you will let less problems slide, you pay more attention to certain details, and so on. If they are not going slower, they are not improving. Some things will be faster, but you will then take more time and care about other things.
It depends, there are some who hit a plateau, and then speed is all they improve, but it depends on what you want to get better at. But any improvement in quality takes time to do, unless you have a ton of money to dump on it.

timecostquality.jpg

XulOnTuesday

Aug 7, 2022
I didn't say a regular schedule, you can put things out at consistent intervals, but the amount per update gets less.
Improvements in skills means that you will let less problems slide, you pay more attention to certain details, and so on. If they are not going slower, they are not improving. Some things will be faster, but you will then take more time and care about other things.
It depends, there are some who hit a plateau, and then speed is all they improve, but it depends on what you want to get better at. But any improvement in quality takes time to do, unless you have a ton of money to dump on it.

Well, yes. Most of the cost will be opportunity cost. A highly skilled creator could be off getting paid to do other things. They'll still be doing those other things better and faster than a rookie.

Also, a lot of skill/discipline involves letting more things slide. Hell, Altos talked about it for The Headmaster. The 3-chapter structure has been abandoned in favor of a tighter Chapter 2. He could have spent a lot more time finagling things to work, but let it slide because it would have been pointless effort.

Speed and consistency are valuable. Don't knock creatives who prioritize them.

Reactions: Zeruelll

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
This reminds me of something that was on the wall of the office of an engineering design team attached to where I used to work who were employed by a different company. It went;

We offer Fast service, Good service and Cheap service.
Fast, Cheap service is never Good
Good, Cheap Service is never Fast
Fast, Good service is never Cheap.

Last edited:

der.Mat

Apr 5, 2022
Has someone an idea for me?
I play on Android 10.

Joiplay 1.20.023 Patreon
Ren'Py Plugin 8.0.3_7.5.3_009 Patreon
The Headmaster 0.14.3 (original and compressed version)

20230928_003921.jpg

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
Sure wish there was a way to play this game without the dreaded sandbox issue. AARGH! It looks like it would be a blast if there wasn't constant concern about so many moving pieces.

For instance: Go this way, go that way. Get money here, get money there. Talk to this person, talk to that person. Check the computer, check your phone. You don't have enough money, now what? Uh-oh, gotta go to sleep. Oops, it's in the middle of the day, can't go to sleep. Now what? Supposed to talk to someone; don't know who to talk to. No indication on the map of where to go or who to talk to. Can't progress time. Walk around blindly. Do the same thing over and over until time passes. What to do now? Got no clue. No hints. No help. Only way to play is with a .pdf walkthrough, which is ridiculous.

Too bad, because this appears to be a quality game.

Last edited:

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
Sure wish there was a way to play this game without the dreaded sandbox issue. AARGH!
I'm personally also not that much a fan of sandbox games. But this lies more in the bad implementation than in sandbox itself.
Here it's actually quite well done here, as the possible options and time slots are restricted and it gives actually freedoms instead of letting you play guess-what-to-click-next-games.
You have also the quest book and the gallery where you can see, what you need to to progress and a cheat menu, where you can change the most important variables and even have a peak into the full gallery.

Last edited:

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
I'm personally also not that much a fan of sandbox games. But this lies more in the bad implementation.
Here it's actually quite well done here, as the possible options and time slots are restricted and it gives actually freedoms instead of letting you play guess-what-to-click-next-games.
You have also the quest book and the gallery where you can see, what you need to to progress and a cheat menu, where you can change the most important variables and even have a peak into the full gallery.
Thanks for the info, buddy. Are the cheat menu and possible options built into the game, or do you have to constantly exit to check a .pdf walkthrough every 30 seconds?

Reactions: Ille.

UnfinishedSentenc

Jan 5, 2023
Cheat menu is implemented in the game - just don't mind to press the big red button multiple times ;).
Quest Book and gallery are also all implemented in the game.
Hey, thanks for your kindness in an, otherwise, toxic community. I appreciate it, man. I'm think I'm going to give it a whirl. "Big red button," huh? Okay! That's what I'll be lookin' for! :oops: Thanks again!

Reactions: WhiteMIlk

Mohanyadav69

May 25, 2022
Wanted to ask if the mc just spanks love interests and punishes then or is there actual vaginal sex scenes with them because from what I have heard this game is a grind so I hope if I spend my time on this game I get the reward for the grind :whistle:

Thanks for answers in advance

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
There is literally a very detailed and well-written guide and people still bitch it is too hard.
Wanted to ask if the mc just spanks love interests and punishes then or is there actual vaginal sex scenes with them because from what I have heard this game is a grind so I hope if I spend my time on this game I get the reward for the grind :whistle:

Thanks for answers in advance
If you want a mindless fuckfest then move on, this is a more realistic slow-burn type of game, you are a principal of a school you shouldn't just be fucking every girl soon as you meet them.
There is anal with one girl, blow jobs, hand jobs, with a few girls, sex with 2 teachers, and sex with 1 girl if I remember.

4.50 star(s) 251 Votes