VN Ren'Py The Hellcat Lounge [v0.3.34] [Wilson Wonka]

4.60 star(s) 74 Votes

Semak34

Apr 12, 2023
You can tell a story is well written when you like and care about the LIs not only for their looks but their personalities/backstories. On top of that, if you add beautiful renders + smooth animations you have a really enjoyable story.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
So glad to see this come back, and fascinating to see how people fall in regards to the cast. I saw one comment about needing to include some happiness because everyone's lives seem to be shit, and well, we're still at the start of the story. Things need to be set up so the story can have disasters and triumphs, but the disasters typically come first. And, as a counterpoint, I thought Mary and her family were a wonderful inclusion. Sometimes, people really do strive to be positive. Her parents had me grinning the whole time.

Zoe was a surprise, but an entirely grounded one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I feel more drawn to Lita now than I did in earlier updates, so the story development is effective, but she's still not one of my LI choices. Good friend, sure, romance, nah. I'd be mildly salty about being involved in that contest without being given a heads-up first and used for sex to fuck with other people without context. Not enough to dislike her, but it's a wall between us. Fourth on my prospects right now, in terms of romance.

Cait is fine, sweet girl, getting out of her shell, would absolutely enjoy developing a relationship with her, but her mother's a bitch and a deal-breaker for as long as they live together. And I think she's going to just be too slow compared to the other girls. I'd put her at tied second place, with Mary.

Mary is lovely, proactive and positive, but really needs more screentime to get some development. That's what's holding her back and tying her with Cait right now for me.

Sloane... Hell no. Trying to be in a relationship with her would be a choooooore, and I'm not even certain you could rely on her fidelity because she might not remember or know that not just sleeping with whoever isn't a thing you should do. Not trying to insult her, just pointing out that expecting things of people that go against their nature is dumb. Even in an open relationship, I'd still feel like I had to always try and keep her pointed at whatever we'd already agreed to do, and that'd get old real quick. Friend, sure, anything involving having responsibility for her, hell nah. Way at the bottom of the romance listing.

Which places Lane by far at the top of my prospective LI choices. Not just because she's gorgeous and has a colour scheme I love, not just because I'm a slut for cherry blossoms, but because she's probably had the most character development of the cast so far and it's all made me think well of her. She's had problems, she's fucked up before, but she's aware of what went wrong and she's trying to be better having learned from it. As much as you can ask from anyone, yet still surprisingly rare. She also doesn't dodge talking to us when it's obvious she's having trouble with something, owns her mistakes, and is playful without being obnoxious. To me, anyway. Barring any future plane crashes, she's going to be hard to overtake so it'll come down to what sort of dynamic she's after, and how many people can be present in it.

Side characters are all good; I'm intrigued by the new blonde we met at the bar, Seok is a sweetie with a kinky side, Cris is a bro. Animation quality remains consistently high, some of the best breast physics I've seen in a game yet, it's delightful to just watch them bounce. Some actions like nodding are still quite jerky though, and character models trying to grin is a thing from nightmares.

Really looking forward to more.

Edit: Hmm, how do people do fuzzy spoilers, as opposed to an outright click box?
I agree with your post almost to 100%.

Peace :)

Sinisterheat

Nov 19, 2018
I gotta say, this VN is just fantastic! Scenes are great, story is awesome, the MC is not the usual douche nugget gods gift to women type. And I'd say it's probably gonna be Seok every time for who to pick in the end, at this point. Though Sloane is a bit eccentric and I'm curious what's going to happen next. All in all man, this one is in my top 5 on this site.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Sloane is best girl. Quirky, insane and awesome. Can't wait to find out what her secret is.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Wtf? Please tell me she's not getting abused by someone also.
We don't know yet. What we know is that she calls the MC and we are presented with this scene. We have no clue of what is happening. To me it looks like somebody flipped that table, that she's terribly scared and needs urgent help.

This is all speculation (and not the "fun" one that is done with a speculum)...

speculate.gif

• Wow
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
We don't know yet. What we know is that she calls the MC and we are presented with this scene. We have no clue of what is happening. To me it looks like somebody flipped that table, that she's terribly scared and needs urgent help.

View attachment 3134151
I haven't gotten there yet. Still trying to digest the shit I saw with Zoe earlier.

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018

View attachment 3134151
Has anything been said about her living situation? I initially assumed drug addiction mainly because of her eyes in that scene but there are definitely other possibilities, mental disorder, health issues, etc. She was unreachable for a while before she called, but I know a lot of people who have at one time or another had full mailboxes and they're not mental. Whatever it is, Rose brings it up and based on that conversation it seemed like more of a personal thing than someone else she was afraid of.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Has anything been said about her living situation? I initially assumed drug addiction mainly because of her eyes in that scene but there are definitely other possibilities, mental disorder, health issues, etc. She was unreachable for a while before she called, but I know a lot of people who have at one time or another had full mailboxes and they're not mental. Whatever it is, Rose brings it up and based on that conversation it seemed like more of a personal thing than someone else she was afraid of.
When Rose brought it up with her, I thought it was a health issue, now after seeing that pic, my heart caught in my chest and I don't know what to think. I'm on Sloane's path and yeah.

A question though. When I met Renata again while shopping with Seok and Lane, the MC said that there's something going on between him and Zach's sister. Is that something forced in the script or did I make a wrong choice someplace?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
not much, Caitlin said it wouldn't be the best idea to have Seok live with her. which is a total slander, they have matching hair, what could possibly go wrong? Caitlin lives in a house full of people with matching hair and nothing bad happened to her. well, except that one time she caught the guy she likes fucking someone else at the library where they were supposed to meet

• Haha
Reactions: fishbrain
4.60 star(s) 74 Votes