VN Ren'Py The Hellcat Lounge [v0.3.34] [Wilson Wonka]

4.60 star(s) 74 Votes

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
The only reference I'm aware of is from The Unbroken: Amrit has their poster in her room.
View attachment 3135396
Likewise in the new Hellcat Lounge chapter the MC and Zach watch Valentine's MMA match from the most recent Unbroken update.

Might as well give my thoughts the chapter while I'm here. The story and presentation is intriguing; it feels like the game is committing to a slow and steady development for the main characters, though it's becoming clear we'll have plenty of chances to intervene in the girls' lives for the better. That's always nice to see.

Unfortunately the game is very much NOT my style; I despise that damn contest, the veneration of the MC is beyond excessive, and when you get down to it I don't like most of the LIs. Mary is by far my favorite, but we haven't seen much of her and she feels a little young for the MC. Caitlin is okay, but not very interesting (beyond her plethora of family drama). Even the side girls come on a little too strong, making them feel more like Achievements than characters. I don't hate the other girls, but I have no interest in hanging out with them more than necessary - especially Sloane.

What I do hate are the dynamic images. They're a mixed blessing at the best of times (acting like choppy animations that disrupt my preferred pacing), and the game uses them *way* too often to stand out when the motion might highlight something meaningful. This is a Ren'Py visual novel; still images should not be the enemy!
Thanks, I had completely forgotten about that one but the same poster is featured in A Thousand Rounds and that's the one I was thinking of.

I agree with basically everything else you said. I almost quit after they talked about the game amongst the group, and the reason for it was so stupid. Along with not being attracted to her that turned me off Caitlin completely and I think part of the reason I gravitate towards Lane is that she reminds me of Katie in WiAB.

Like you, Mary is easily my favorite of the supposed 5 main LIs but ultimately I'll need to see how the story progresses. I can't write off Lane or Sloane just yet, need more information and to spend some more time with them. I can't say a relationship with either of them would differ greatly from some of my own personal experiences but at least I'll know not to ignore red flags. lol

I would probably be satisfied helping all the misfits while only being romantically interested in Mary but we'll have to see how it develops. Hopefully we don't have to wait as long for the next update.

Reactions: ename144

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Improved Animations Mod [v0.3]

Videos AI upscaled to 1440p and interpolated from 24 to 60 fps. Animations look crispier with fewer artifacts and most importantly are much smoother. Enjoy!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Preview:

If you like this, you can support me on .

DOWNLOAD
- WORKUPLOAD
Updated

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Pretty short update, but still enjoyed it. All the girls have something special going on, which I really like, Lita dropping the act to cover her bad situation, Lane is sweet but sad as fuck, wtf Sloane, Caitlyn living with a tyrant of a mother, don't have to say anything about Seok... well, Mary is the sanest of the bunch, fortunately. Important to note that the side girls (I guess ?) are fucking hot...

And I loved seeing the STWA The Unbroken reference at the end.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Now that I finished reading the story, I'll say that I enjoyed it.

Anyway, I have a message for the Authors: please no more ending a chapter / an update with a cliffhanger!

It's a dumb idea in a fiction / tv series, and it's a dumb idea in a VN too. :rolleyes:

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Now that I finished reading the story, I'll say that I enjoyed it.

Anyway, I have a message for the Authors: please no more ending a chapter / an update with a cliffhanger!

It's a dumb idea in a fiction / tv series, and it's a dumb idea in a VN too. :rolleyes:
I don't mind them personally, when they're well done.

When I saw Sloane looking crazier than usual, yeah, for some reasons, I knew the update was ending there, was still a bit disappointed to see I wasn't wrong cause it was a short update (a good one though), but I just knew it. It was kinda cliché the way it was presented I think, but I didn't mind too much.

Now, some other times, damn...

I'll go with an AVN, but still remember the ending of Chapter 5 of Being a DIK, the revelation of Josy/Maya... was shocked and a bit pissed, not by DPC, but by the situation, loved both and wondered when I had to make a choice so yeah, and damn that 'door quote' was something special. Even lost interest in BaDIK til the Interlude came out about 2 years later, and damn it's been a hell of a ride ever since, I love that game.

Reactions: Ass~God

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Improved Animations Mod [v0.3]

Animations of the game AI upscaled to 1440p and interpolated from 24 to 60 fps. Animations look crispier with fewer artifacts and most importantly are much smoother. Enjoy!

Installation:

Preview:

If you like this, you can support me on .

DOWNLOAD
- WORKUPLOAD -
Damn. These are so much better!
60 FPS really benefits all those unnecessary micromovements that Puggy likes to implement, but it also just looks better. You can barely tell it's interpolated, too.

The upscaling works well for Chapters 2 and 3 - the sharpness is really making it pop. Unfortunately, there isn't much saving the Chapter 1 animations - they'd have to be redone to look, well, good.

Again, thanks for that "mod", Lightman! <3

Reactions: LightmanP

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Our Producer Tier was kind enough to delay their custom's for a couple of months while we crunched out the release. Here are the ones for October. Thanks!

VCE Poacher - Pin-up Lita
Twisty Ninja - Sloane and Mary
Sol Cipher - Caitlin and Aisline

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It feels a bit like those ordering custom images have a specific preference. Which I happen to share so no complaints here ...

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Man, took me a while to play this update, but I'm thankful for having done so. Just finished it. Some time ago, I saw some posts of people discussing Sloane and to be honest here, I have no idea of what might be her problem. Kinda unsettling, the last scene in this update.

Does anybody have a clue about what that might be?

4.60 star(s) 74 Votes