Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
It's not a Visual Novel so a VN tag would be misleading. This is a text-based game.
Still, the game is closer to a visual novel than to a sandbox-type game. Granted, it's a bit lacking in the "Visual" area, but it's a novel, with specific events happening on specific days, not earlier or later. "Kinetic novel", perhaps?

• Angry
Reactions: whoabacha

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Still, the game is closer to a visual novel than to a sandbox-type game. Granted, it's a bit lacking in the "Visual" area, but it's a novel, with specific events happening on specific days, not earlier or later. "Kinetic novel", perhaps?
I don't know and I don't really care. I don't think it's a kinetic novel because it will have multiple endings and not a singular, linear plot. It's certanly not a visual novel or a sandbox. It's just a text based story that I'm creating. I think the tags are correct enough.

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
Why focus updating this one when you have the illustrated one?
I bet most of the players would play the other one instead

Reactions: Floraw

Paul Newmon

Apr 27, 2021
This text version is for those who reach the end of the illustrated version, and wonder what happens the next day. Or, for those really curious, who get to know what happens even further out. If you enjoy the illustrated version, but hate spoilers, this text-only version isn't for you! However, if you enjoy spoilers, this is exactly what you need.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xxerikxx and Bruno3

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
This gives devoted followers a chance to give feedback on the story. They can impact the story and help me remove errors before the illustrated version comes out. I'm not making the pictures for the illustrated version so this does not slow things down for those who are waiting for the next update there.

Reactions: Paul Newmon

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
Okay - I'm curious. I've read in some of the comments that it's possible for Jenny to stay with you in Provo instead getting shipped by Mr. Q from THS to her sister. I've tried quite a few permutations - trying different approaches, being super-sweet and super-mean to Jenny and no matter what I do - she always get's sent back by Mr.Q.
So my question is - is there really a way for her to stay? I think narratively it makes more sense for her to leave after making an enemy of Gregory by helping the MC out - but I'm curious if there is a specific combination of choices that makes her stay. Maybe tied with Sophia or something?
Any of the Devs care to comment on it?
Can Jenny stay with MC in Provo after her "mission" ?

Reactions: xxerikxx

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Okay - I'm curious. I've read in some of the comments that it's possible for Jenny to stay with you in Provo instead getting shipped by Mr. Q from THS to her sister. I've tried quite a few permutations - trying different approaches, being super-sweet and super-mean to Jenny and no matter what I do - she always get's sent back by Mr.Q.
So my question is - is there really a way for her to stay? I think narratively it makes more sense for her to leave after making an enemy of Gregory by helping the MC out - but I'm curious if there is a specific combination of choices that makes her stay. Maybe tied with Sophia or something?
Any of the Devs care to comment on it?
Can Jenny stay with MC in Provo after her "mission" ?
No, after her mission Jenny will be sent back to her sister. The thing that you can avoid is getting Jenny with you to Provo in the first place. If you are not treating Jenny well in your basement early in her training then THS will take her away from you. When you arrive in Provo the receptionist will tell you that Jenny has not arrived. When you then call Mr. Q he will explain that they have found another Master for Jenny. If Jenny doesn't come with you to Provo a couple of other paths will open up...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tyr Unchained

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
No, after her mission Jenny will be sent back to her sister. The thing that you can avoid is getting Jenny with you to Provo in the first place. If you are not treating Jenny well in your basement early in her training then THS will take her away from you. When you arrive in Provo the receptionist will tell you that Jenny has not arrived. When you then call Mr. Q he will explain that they have found another Master for Jenny. If Jenny doesn't come with you to Provo a couple of other paths will open up...
Ah thanks a lot. That makes much more sense. Personally I like Jenny way too much to treat her really horribly bad. And while having her go back to her sister is sad - it does give the MC some quality time with Sophia :love:
Out of curiosity - when you were creating the characters I think it was Hailey who was supposed to have a tongue piercing and Chloe being just a side character for a one-time threesome scene. Has that changed? Will we get to spend more time with Chloe - now that there's a path for MC to be Sophie's agent and probably spending a lot of time with her? I'd be all for it. Possibly have MC become Chloe's new sugar daddy. It would certainly make things more complicated but I can imagine a lot of fun coming out of it if the MC plays his cards right.
Alo cgtz on version 23 xxerikxx. Your writing is very good - on the level of some of the best in the AVN/text h-games and honestly - I actually prefer the text version of the game to the illustrated one. The 3D art is good but leaving it up to your descriptions feeding my imagination is imho better.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Ah thanks a lot. That makes much more sense. Personally I like Jenny way too much to treat her really horribly bad. And while having her go back to her sister is sad - it does give the MC some quality time with Sophia :love:
Out of curiosity - when you were creating the characters I think it was Hailey who was supposed to have a tongue piercing and Chloe being just a side character for a one-time threesome scene. Has that changed? Will we get to spend more time with Chloe - now that there's a path for MC to be Sophie's agent and probably spending a lot of time with her? I'd be all for it. Possibly have MC become Chloe's new sugar daddy. It would certainly make things more complicated but I can imagine a lot of fun coming out of it if the MC plays his cards right.
Alo cgtz on version 23 xxerikxx. Your writing is very good - on the level of some of the best in the AVN/text h-games and honestly - I actually prefer the text version of the game to the illustrated one. The 3D art is good but leaving it up to your descriptions feeding my imagination is imho better.
It feels so nice to get people in this thread commenting on the story and character development instead of whining about the lack of picture in a text-based game :)

I had totally forgotten that I originally had given Hailey a tongue piercing. Glad you reminded me because I need to tell the guy making the illustrated version that I don't want her to have that anymore. As her character has developed Hailey is now presented as a shy girl who doesn't seek attention, so a tongue piercing would be wrong for her. Chloe on the other hand who creates TikTok videos is a girl who wants to be sexy and get more attention so it fits her better.

Originally I had planned a 30 days story where Chloe just was Sophia's girlfriend. As the story has developed Chloe's role has become bigger and will be involved in the story with Sophia and MC.

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
Originally I had planned a 30 days story where Chloe just was Sophia's girlfriend. As the story has developed Chloe's role has become bigger and will be involved in the story with Sophia and MC.
Great to hear. Agreed - Hailey does seem like a pretty shy girl. And I'm loving the fact that Chloe will get a bigger role in the story. Looking forward to reading more (y)

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
xxerikxx
Hi. I have some suggestion/advice/request, hope you read it.
Firstly, in the opening scene where you mention Faye & second chance, could you clarify season 2? Due to that I had to read(skim) through the script of season 1 before I saw season 2.

So after reading the 2 scripts I have some suggestions for 2ndC but I'll just put it here.
Since this is THS thread, I'll start by saying I hope THS won't go the same way as 2ndC & stay more MC-centric i.e. no going off on tangent about other character's stories, no huge screentime for sex scenes not involving the MC, etc. Let me expand:
While 2ndC doesn't have any ntr technically, it feels pretty ntr-y. Technically ntr is the character in relationship with you cheating on you. But more ppl see ntr in the broad sense: sex scene involving non-MC & any past lover, potential lover, or even an expected lover (eg: daughter, daughters friend, girlfriend's sister etc). This is because the vast majority of games is pretty MC-centric such that we feels an unconscious claim over every woman in the story (After all, games don't usually go on a tangent to show stories involving sex with non-MC characters, so every character only ever has sex with you). This has to do with the MC being the only character we deeply relate to. We can name them, & many games dont even show the face, making it even more immersive. So we have vested interest in the MC & by relation lose interest in other characters compared to the MC. This is the base reason.

2ndC, especially season 2, is a game focusing on multiple character's stories with the MC's screentime being less than average. So it feels uncomfortable. I mostly read Faye's story as background for THS & I both liked & disliked it. I liked it cause it's a pretty good story. I disliked it because I read season 1 & wasn't too comfortable with faye not being with MC & going into her own storyline fucking a bunch of non-MC chars.
My suggestion for fixing this is not to make it more MC-centric or anything like that. I understand 2ndC is more of a serial than a game about the MC's life. So my suggestion is to remove the concept of MC altogether from 2ndC. Give him a name(don't let player name him) & don't refer to him as 'you'. Rearrange the scenes a bit so he doesn't feel like the character players attach too much to. That way the game would feel so much better, like a tv series.
Even if you don't want to overhaul the game due to this, I hope this will help you in future games. After all, without a MC there is no ntr in the broad or technical sense. You won't feel uncomfortable seeing multiple characters in multiple seperate relations since you don't associate with a particular character only.

Now, for THS, my request is you dont go the 2ndC route. Don't follow the daughter, her friends, the co-star, Jenny, etc. (core characters generally seen as MC's lovers) go off on their own sex stories not involing the MC. Don't give too much screentime to other character's storylines (peter, b & new girl). Focus more on the MC & his story.
Also try not to have exclusive content(either this or that) like h & c in 2ndC S1(this is more of a personal preference to not have to play multiple times to get all content, especially in a game with no images).

I'd have enjoyed faye's story in 2ndC S2 a lot more if that was seperate game with faye being the MC (though i don't like playing female & sub pov, so my suggest to veiw it non-immersively with no MC is still better I think)
So for THS please do focus on the MC's story & put all peter, brenda, q storylines not involving MC into 2ndC. Cut down on scenes where MC is not present. I really hope to play this game seeing MC rise through the THS & his exploits, & not get sidetracked by other storylines, atleast in this story. You can work on that concept in 2ndC

PS: Is angelina the same angelina from 2ndC? And if so, is the MC supposed to be m? I hope not, otherwise there goes the immersion of naming the mc. Just name the MC character if you're going to go the same route as 2ndC

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
xxerikxx
Hi. I have some suggestion/advice/request, hope you read it.
Firstly, in the opening scene where you mention Faye & second chance, could you clarify season 2? Due to that I had to read(skim) through the script of season 1 before I saw season 2.

So after reading the 2 scripts I have some suggestions for 2ndC but I'll just put it here.
Since this is THS thread, I'll start by saying I hope THS won't go the same way as 2ndC & stay more MC-centric i.e. no going off on tangent about other character's stories, no huge screentime for sex scenes not involving the MC, etc. Let me expand:
While 2ndC doesn't have any ntr technically, it feels pretty ntr-y. Technically ntr is the character in relationship with you cheating on you. But more ppl see ntr in the broad sense: sex scene involving non-MC & any past lover, potential lover, or even an expected lover (eg: daughter, daughters friend, girlfriend's sister etc). This is because the vast majority of games is pretty MC-centric such that we feels an unconscious claim over every woman in the story (After all, games don't usually go on a tangent to show stories involving sex with non-MC characters, so every character only ever has sex with you). This has to do with the MC being the only character we deeply relate to. We can name them, & many games dont even show the face, making it even more immersive. So we have vested interest in the MC & by relation lose interest in other characters compared to the MC. This is the base reason.

2ndC, especially season 2, is a game focusing on multiple character's stories with the MC's screentime being less than average. So it feels uncomfortable. I mostly read Faye's story as background for THS & I both liked & disliked it. I liked it cause it's a pretty good story. I disliked it because I read season 1 & wasn't too comfortable with faye not being with MC & going into her own storyline fucking a bunch of non-MC chars.
My suggestion for fixing this is not to make it more MC-centric or anything like that. I understand 2ndC is more of a serial than a game about the MC's life. So my suggestion is to remove the concept of MC altogether from 2ndC. Give him a name(don't let player name him) & don't refer to him as 'you'. Rearrange the scenes a bit so he doesn't feel like the character players attach too much to. That way the game would feel so much better, like a tv series.
Even if you don't want to overhaul the game due to this, I hope this will help you in future games. After all, without a MC there is no ntr in the broad or technical sense. You won't feel uncomfortable seeing multiple characters in multiple seperate relations since you don't associate with a particular character only.

Now, for THS, my request is you dont go the 2ndC route. Don't follow the daughter, her friends, the co-star, Jenny, etc. (core characters generally seen as MC's lovers) go off on their own sex stories not involing the MC. Don't give too much screentime to other character's storylines (peter, b & new girl). Focus more on the MC & his story.
Also try not to have exclusive content(either this or that) like h & c in 2ndC S1(this is more of a personal preference to not have to play multiple times to get all content, especially in a game with no images).

I'd have enjoyed faye's story in 2ndC S2 a lot more if that was seperate game with faye being the MC (though i don't like playing female & sub pov, so my suggest to veiw it non-immersively with no MC is still better I think)
So for THS please do focus on the MC's story & put all peter, brenda, q storylines not involving MC into 2ndC. Cut down on scenes where MC is not present. I really hope to play this game seeing MC rise through the THS & his exploits, & not get sidetracked by other storylines, atleast in this story. You can work on that concept in 2ndC

PS: Is angelina the same angelina from 2ndC? And if so, is the MC supposed to be m? I hope not, otherwise there goes the immersion of naming the mc. Just name the MC character if you're going to go the same route as 2ndC
Thanks for the feedback. It's highly appreciated!

Hopefully I can at some point afford to hire someone to make an illustrated version of 2nd Chance and at that point I will probably make some changes to the story.

I'm not going to totally change the 2ndC-story, so it will still be a story with multiple characters that we're following. However, I think it may be good idea to not let the player choose the name for the MC and be more clear from the start that the story will be following the life of multiple characters. Players became too attached to the MC and when other characters developed a sexlife some people felt like this was ntr or at least scenes they didn't want to read. I think a big part of the problem is that people start playing the game and don't understand the multi character concept before they're deep into the story. The first few days of Season 1 is very focused on MC and then it's more focus on his friends and daughter as the story progresses.

When I wrote 2nd.C then I was not planning on writing THS. The THS story is just a story that I started to write because I wanted to give something back to the Patreons who wanted to support the production of an illustrated version of 2nd.C. THS is the backstory for Angelina and her stepfather. In the THS-story the stepfather is the MC, but we also follow Angelina to some degree. If I create a illustrated version of 2nd.C. then I will let players insert the name of Angelina's stepfather even if he is just a small character in that story.

In THS we will keep on following MC and Angelina. It's not going to develop into a big universe with several characters we follows. Choices you make will have impact on the story so you will have to play several time to unlock all the scenes. It will not be possible to have a relationship with Angelina, Mila, Hailey, Jenny, Rebecca, Sophia, Chloe and other characters that haven't been introduced yet in one playthrough. You will have to make some tough decisions at some point that will lead to exclusive content.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Glad you understand. Problem is ppl see characters in relation to the MC. It's not Faye having a sexlife that upsets ppl, it's MC's daughter's friend who ppl expect to be with the MC. There's no way around it. If you put a MC, people expect the story to revolve around the MC. I used ntr as an example as the feeling closest & most ppl also associate to that. But it's more like indifference or dicomfort about the story going off tracks as it veers away from the MC. My suggestion is pepper in small scenes focusing on the other characters you'll be following later on to dilute MC's presence during those 1st few days you mentioned...

Also it's not on the players not understanding the concept but on the dev(you) for creating the 1st few days like you did. Even if you put a big disclaimer at the start, people will still associate with the player named character. If you want to focus on multiple characters be that way from the start. Especially during the 1st few days be very fair about screentime as that's when ppl have their 1st impression of the game & characters.

Sigh. While I understand why ppl want to put in exclusive paths it really irritates me in these kinds of games since most games here don't warrant a second playthrough (no offense, just being honest). Content being locked away behind exclusive paths is like an annoying itch you can't take care of because it's not worth the effort. I do enjoy choices & its consequences but not when it locks away whole paths.
I personally like when the game has impactful choices but at the same time leaves it up to the player whether it has exclusive paths or not. Feels like a nice compromise between ideal & reality, between the game & the player. Do ponder it a bit.
But that's my own views & it's your game. I really like the Story of O-esque plot.

PS: I do hope you don't mean we need a playthrough for each girl(Angelina, Mila, Hailey, Jenny, Rebecca, Sophia, Chloe and other characters that haven't been introduced yet) like it was with h & c in 2ndC...

PPS: So this is a prequel but G.Ross art is older here than in 2ndC? Age reversal therapy? Lol. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: xxerikxx

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Also it's not on the players not understanding the concept but on the dev(you) for creating the 1st few days like you did. Even if you put a big disclaimer at the start, people will still associate with the player named character. If you want to focus on multiple characters be that way from the start. Especially during the 1st few days be very fair about screentime as that's when ppl have their 1st impression of the game & characters.
When I wrote 2nd.C. then I had no intention to ever share the game with anyone. I just wrote the game for my own amusement.

PPS: So this is a prequel but G.Ross art is older here than in 2ndC? Age reversal therapy? Lol. :p
If we make an illustrated version of 2nd Chance then we will use the same model for G.Ross as in THS.

Reactions: Remembrance
3.00 star(s) 9 Votes