TCOJ

Nov 9, 2018
I've finished day 15 and this game really needs the NTR and rape tags, I think you need to be clear about these things before people play as they are both very divisive tags and letting players unknowingly stumble into that sort of content can lead to a huge amount of drama and bitching. There were many hints during the game that the story was heading in that direction, but without the tags I trusted that it wouldn't actually happen. The genre tags are there to prevent unwelcome surprises like that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: I'm not trying to avoid all sex scenes. When I play a game like this, I make the choices I would make IRL in my first play through and then act like a manwhore later to see all the scenes. The MC's wife is fine with him fucking around with anyone except; Jenny, an almost certaintly underage girl who's been groomed into prostitution, and Angelina the MC's almost certainly underage daughter, I wish I had a wife like that. These 2 girls are the only ones I would choose to avoid but also seem to be the only love interests that are unavoidable.

I'm not asking you to change your game at all, you should tell the story you set out to in the first place. I'm just sharing my opinion on some of the things I didn't like so much and some things that should probably be clearer from the start. I'm really enjoying the story on the whole and am looking forward to future updates.

Last edited:

seden

Aug 22, 2016
As to the House, 2nd Chance had the MC move dependant on which girl, in any case if was a bigger house than standard.

Then, did you thought as to interlink your games / story ?
As it is the starlet could be coming from the actor school set up in the first game, age it could be pretty fitting.

This said, between an exec job and actor, there should be plenty enough to have a secondar room for friends visiting. Or was that office in fact remade. Hm, surprise is better than knowledge.

Hom and the wife could be working for the school, which is branching if the secondary location makes sense I can't tell but ...

TBS, it is looking good in any case.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
As to the House, 2nd Chance had the MC move dependant on which girl, in any case if was a bigger house than standard.

Then, did you thought as to interlink your games / story ?
As it is the starlet could be coming from the actor school set up in the first game, age it could be pretty fitting.

This said, between an exec job and actor, there should be plenty enough to have a secondar room for friends visiting. Or was that office in fact remade. Hm, surprise is better than knowledge.

Hom and the wife could be working for the school, which is branching if the secondary location makes sense I can't tell but ...

TBS, it is looking good in any case.
You have the timeline wrong. :)

The THS-story takes place 2-3 years before the 2nd Chance story so Sarah did not come from the actor school that they open in season 2 of that story :)

In 2nd Chance Angelina is the assistant of the MC in that story. She's a few years older in that story, but MC finds a memory card with a sextape. On the sextape we see Angelina having sex with her stepfather.

In season 2 we find out that both Angelina and her stepfather are part of THS.

The THS-story is the backstory that tells the story about how Angelina started a sexual relationship with her stepfather and how they got involved in THS.

About the house and where Mila will sleep... It's a boring answer so it's not something to spend too much time on, but you will find out soon.

Reactions: Paul Newmon

maverick@79

Mar 4, 2019
until the place holders are put in im no longer supporting this and il wait to download. story tho is the best ive seen so far

cdcdcd171

Feb 14, 2018
I´ve encountered a bug on the morning of Day 7, Violet apologizes for sleeping the night before, but we had amazing sex. So i guess there are some wrong flags in my play through.

It is fine in the next scene were Angelina thinks about the noises we made.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
I´ve encountered a bug on the morning of Day 7, the wife apologizes for sleeping the night before, but we had amazing sex. So i guess there are some wrong flags in my playthrough
Yes, I've been made aware of that. It will be fixed in the 0.18 version of the text-based and in the 0.4 version of the illustrated version. Your day should have started with the breakfast scene with Jenny. Just keep on playing. It will not have any further impact on the path you're playing.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Is there really no protagonist in this game? Based on the description, it seems like it should probably have the male protagonist tag, right? I haven't played, so it's a sincere question.

Reactions: xxerikxx

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Am I drunk or all the 5 girls in banner look all the same ( except the one on the far left)?
I definitely seem extreme similarity at least around the mouth (lips, etc.) for 2, 3, 4, and 6. Maybe they're all related, like all sisters who are friends with the stepdaughter or something? I haven't played this yet, so I have no idea about relationships in the game overall.

AbaddonR

May 16, 2020
Noone else get a rollback/quit option in the scene where you slip the 100 dollar bill? "We see that MC slips her a 100-dollar bill before he walks towards the elevator" is the last line I get to since last update. xXEricIIIXx

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 14806, in script
    jump Jnothere
ScriptError: could not find label 'Jnothere'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    jump Jnothere
  File "C:\Nov temp\Testing Folder\TheHigherSociety-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Nov temp\Testing Folder\TheHigherSociety-0.17-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Higher Society 0.17
Thu Jan 20 07:49:43 2022

Last edited:

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Noone else get a rollback/quit option in the scene where you slip the 100 dollar bill? "We see that MC slips her a 100-dollar bill before he walks towards the elevator" is the last line I get to since last update. xXEricIIIXx

Code:

While running game code:
    jump Jnothere

Full traceback:
    jump Jnothere
  File "C:\Nov temp\Testing Folder\TheHigherSociety-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
  File "C:\Nov temp\Testing Folder\TheHigherSociety-0.17-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Higher Society 0.17
Thu Jan 20 07:49:43 2022
Thanks! I'll look into that and have it fixed for later updates.

ciderapple

May 29, 2017
So far i'm enjoying the game, the sex scenes are decent, (although I would like more of them, and perhaps make some rougher ones with more bondage). But i'm insatiable, so I may not be the best standard to follow.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
So far i'm enjoying the game, the sex scenes are decent, (although I would like more of them, and perhaps make some rougher ones with more bondage). But i'm insatiable, so I may not be the best standard to follow.
Thanks. We need to start decent. It will more sex and probably more kinky sex as the story progresses ;)

Reactions: ciderapple

BobYu94

Jul 8, 2017
```

While running game code:
jump Jnothere

Full traceback:
jump Jnothere
File "C:\AG\TheHigherSociety-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
File "C:\AG\TheHigherSociety-0.17-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Higher Society 0.17
Mon Feb 14 16:32:48 2022
```
Ran into this problem

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
```

While running game code:
jump Jnothere

Full traceback:
jump Jnothere
File "C:\AG\TheHigherSociety-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
File "C:\AG\TheHigherSociety-0.17-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Higher Society 0.17
Mon Feb 14 16:32:48 2022
```
Ran into this problem
"jump Jnothere" and "label Jnothere" has been removed. You need to find a save game from early on day 14 and make the same choices again. Then the problem should not come.

tittenundso

May 22, 2018
Hi, I really like your game :)
Reading the story with only portraits seemed odd to me at first too. But I quite like the story and characters.
Now with the Illustrated version coming it feels like reading a Harry Potter book before the movie release, haha.

75% of eroticism is in the head too, so filling the gaps and imagining scenes and characters actually worked for this story to stay in my memory. I personally hope you keep the format of releasing the raw text-with-portraits-story at a quicker pace and with more freedom of what to describe and the illustrated version lagging behind.

That being said do you have an estimate for v18 release? I want to read your shit, come on :D
Cheers!

• Red Heart

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
I've finished day 15 and this game really needs the NTR and rape tags, I think you need to be clear about these things before people play as they are both very divisive tags and letting players unknowingly stumble into that sort of content can lead to a huge amount of drama and bitching. There were many hints during the game that the story was heading in that direction, but without the tags I trusted that it wouldn't actually happen. The genre tags are there to prevent unwelcome surprises like that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: I'm not trying to avoid all sex scenes. When I play a game like this, I make the choices I would make IRL in my first play through and then act like a manwhore later to see all the scenes. The MC's wife is fine with him fucking around with anyone except; Jenny, an almost certaintly underage girl who's been groomed into prostitution, and Angelina the MC's almost certainly underage daughter, I wish I had a wife like that. These 2 girls are the only ones I would choose to avoid but also seem to be the only love interests that are unavoidable.

I'm not asking you to change your game at all, you should tell the story you set out to in the first place. I'm just sharing my opinion on some of the things I didn't like so much and some things that should probably be clearer from the start. I'm really enjoying the story on the whole and am looking forward to future updates.
Hey do you think you could pm me more specific details about your suggested tags? Gregory is worrying me with regards to Angelina and i am certain he's going to exploit Sophia

3.20 star(s) 10 Votes