xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Hi, I really like your game :)
Reading the story with only portraits seemed odd to me at first too. But I quite like the story and characters.
Now with the Illustrated version coming it feels like reading a Harry Potter book before the movie release, haha.

75% of eroticism is in the head too, so filling the gaps and imagining scenes and characters actually worked for this story to stay in my memory. I personally hope you keep the format of releasing the raw text-with-portraits-story at a quicker pace and with more freedom of what to describe and the illustrated version lagging behind.

That being said do you have an estimate for v18 release? I want to read your shit, come on :D
Cheers!
Thanks! Glad that you enjoy the story. Another reason I like to release the text based version is that it will give me time to make necessary changes before the release of the illustrated version. v19 is ready, but I need to release it to Patrons first. I decided to wait a few days since I released the 0.4 illustrated version this week.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Cool, thank you, i'm playing the illustrated one. So basically just pick all the caring/understanding options with Angelina and agree with Sofia whenever i get the opportunity? Illustrated getting an update soonish?
We will try to get an update ready each month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shagrynn

Xardes

May 4, 2020
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 21747, in script
jump Hotelnight18
ScriptError: could not find label 'Hotelnight18'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump Hotelnight18
File "D:\TheHigherSociety-0.19-pc (1)\TheHigherSociety-0.19-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "D:\TheHigherSociety-0.19-pc (1)\TheHigherSociety-0.19-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Higher Society 0.19
Sat Feb 26 18:47:34 2022
```
got this error

• Red Heart
Reactions: xxerikxx

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
jump Hotelnight18

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
jump Hotelnight18
File "D:\TheHigherSociety-0.19-pc (1)\TheHigherSociety-0.19-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "D:\TheHigherSociety-0.19-pc (1)\TheHigherSociety-0.19-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Higher Society 0.19
Sat Feb 26 18:47:34 2022
```
got this error
Thanks for telling me. I will have the originals links replaced without the bugs.

This should work:

Pc:

Mac:

Android:

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
Some choices seem better than others for how I want to play it but I have some doubts on some, like what topics to talk about in the date. Is there a walkthrough planned?

Paul Newmon

Apr 27, 2021
Darkx36 There is no walkthrough, although the dev has shared hints to his patrons (and perhaps elsewhere.) The biggest is that if you treat Jenny horribly, she will be removed from you in Provo. By horribly, it means slapping her (and possibly requiring her to lick the floor). I tend to save the game at choice menus, so I can go back and see what the other choice shows.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
PC:
MAC:
Android:

Reactions: Looks99
3.00 star(s) 9 Votes