Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Would've been nice to be able to opt out of the smoking fetish stuff when you're given options at the start of the game. I hadn't realized that was going to be a thing, and the moment MC lit up I was irritated I'd wasted so much time on the game. Was really enjoying it up to that point. Shame that it lost me completely when that happened.

Reactions: cormac69

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Would've been nice to be able to opt out of the smoking fetish stuff when you're given options at the start of the game. I hadn't realized that was going to be a thing, and the moment MC lit up I was irritated I'd wasted so much time on the game. Was really enjoying it up to that point. Shame that it lost me completely when that happened.
It's not really a fetish lmao.
That was one scene only.

I don't like smoking either, but for Jess it's more of a character thing and for Mike, well... I had to it for the meme...

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
The Inn [v0.07.08 fix] [Lykanz]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 1.1 GB

PC/MAC: - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Hardstadt

Mar 24, 2019
Yeah, it was a refference to a refference.
Refferenception!

Did you like it tho?
Absolutely. The animation for that scene was spot on for the scene in the anime.
"DID THE BRAKES DIE!?!"
Also loving the game in general, especially the humour.
Thanks, and keep up the exceptional work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
So, Karma, what does it do? is there any other unexplained variables like it?

Also why isnt there an explanation for it?
Karma does nothing.
It's a leftover variable from very early into game development that I was just either too lazy or never had the time to remove.
The only thing it's used right now is MC's wardrobe for some outfits.
It'll be completely scrapped when Chapter 2 development starts.

As for the lack of an explanation, well... I never thought it would be needed, to be honest. Also, the same reason I didn't remove the karma variable can be applied to why I never explained it.

Reactions: TheLegend1337

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
SEPTEMBER_DEVLOG.png

What's up people?

I hope you're having an amazing month so far!

I know I'm having one! Really busy with the next BETA but also having lots of fun with it!

This BETA will be the last content update for Joana's day, that means we're finishing Joana's day in this BETA! We're getting there and we're doing it in style!

I'm also adding a couple of new features to the game with it, check them out:

1 - SLIGHT REWORK OF THE SCENE REPLAY GALLERY

It has recently come to my attention that a mod for this game was released that unlocks all the scenes in the Replay Gallery without the need to actually play them first.

The thing with that mod is that it sometimes breaks the gallery for some people which made me get some crash reports that I have absolutely no idea why they were happening, and that made me waste time trying to fix something that wasn't even my fault to begin with! And you know how time is a rare commodity when you work on a tight deadline like I do, I can't really afford wasting it on stuff that doesn't concern me.

So, my solution to that was to come with a proper gallery unlocker embedded in the game, this way people wouldn't need to use the mod and I wouldn't get those reports anymore.

While I was doing it, I took the opportunity to rework the button for the Spoiler feature. I realized it wasn't really clear on what it did, hell, it wasn't even clear that it was a button to begin with!

So now what looked like this:

Looks like this instead:

Proper checkboxes that will tell you right away what they do and if they're currently activated.

This all took me a little more than half an hour of work to create, a whole lot less than what I wasted trying to fix it!

2 - SECOND SAVE LOCATION FOR ANDROID DEVICES

One of the main complaints for Android players is that they have to back up the savegames whenever they uninstall the game from their phone or they would lose all their progress.

So, recently a developer released a a solution to that issue, and decided to kindly share it with the community (thanks
Wills747!), so I spent some time implementing it into the game.

Basically what this solution does is create a secondary save location for Android devices similar to how saves are handled in the PC version.

It will create a couple of folders in your device's storage, namely "Documents/THE_INN", and inside it will store all your saved games so they don't get deleted when you uninstall the game and can be loaded when you create a fresh installation of it.

As a side bonus, it also creates a folder called "game" inside the "THE_INN" folder. In theory what this folder does is allow Android users to install mods and hotfixes in the Android version just like they would in other versions! This means that hotfixing Android builds will now be easier (for me at least) as I won't have to rebuild the entire apk and the user won't have to redownload it all again either.

This still needs a bit more testing, but so far it seems to work just fine.

Anyway, I guess that's it for this Devlog! Don't forget to check this month's sneak-peeks !

Have fun!

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
The developer saved the writing of the weightlifting competition at the last moments. I was worried when the dev introduced "Ricky" and THE Chad Thundercock and was then Implicating that they were not going to win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place I was going to call massive CAP on that. "Ricky" I could see with a very wide stretch of the imagination as with that smile and those moves he focuses on charisma and dexterity with a foundation in strength, but CHAD FUCKING THUNDERCOCK is an absolute overall encompassing powerhouse no one there stood a chance against him. We all know that Chad Thundercock solos the verse.

If they were to have actually lost, the only conclusion to that ridiculous outcome would be that the developer had terrible writing skills, a lack of understanding on the proper theory of story crafting, and a possible mental illness that could lead to that delusion in the first place. But the developer absolutely saved it by instead of having them "lose" he instead "sealed" them away, a very good move on the developers part. If they had actually lost I would have been forced to give the game 1 star and possibly report the dev to the UN for violating the Geneva convention.

P.S - Good and Sexy Game

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes