Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
A Jerrycan is a specific form of gascan. The German army used easily mounted steel gascans. The British and American armies copied the design. The British called the Germans "Jerry's" as a shortened "Britification" of "German". A Jerrycan is 5 gallons in the US (and used to be in Britain), the German cans were 20Liters I believe.

Hence....."Jerrycan" is a "Jerry style gascan"

more trivial and unimportant information for your day. Wikipedia probably has a hugely in-depth explanation of it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was in the army in the 80s. Never heard the term. Guess it didn't stick around, at least not at the grunt level.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
The stapple brazilian stereotype for frenchmen is that they're all gay.
I think we take it further. Americans stereotype Frenchmen as effeminate cowards.

Blacks, whites, asians or whatever are also all the same race...
Oh, is this the "race doesn't exist" argument? Because if not, I don't understand.
But I think you know what I meant with what I said.
Besides, nationalism is just an excuse to be racist to most people.
I do know what you mean. I guess I'm being pedantic, but I try to reserve the word racism for actual racism to maintain its potency. If white dudes saying slightly rude things to other white dudes while they try to kill each other over their leaders' ambitions for world domination falls under the category of racism, then calling it racism when police murder black men on their way home from 7-Eleven because they assume they're all carrying doesn't seem like enough, ya know?

Last edited:
Reactions: Elhemeer

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Oh, is this the "race doesn't exist" argument?
Race does exist. There are plenty of races out there.
We, as humans, belong to the human race.
And it has various ethnicities in it.

Yeah, I know. I'm a white af guy living in the north of Brazil.
Granted, the extension of "racism" I get is being called names.
Nothing on the level of a black guy who showed up to a klan meeting

Racism is everyday stuff in brazil.
Which is kind of ironic, considering brazil has one of the most "mixed" (for lack of a better word) populations in the world.

teraptuss

May 4, 2019

Which is kind of ironic, considering brazil has one of the most "mixed" (for lack of a better word) populations in the world.
Is it true that all I need to do to cause a brazilin to pick up the pitch fork and burn the place down, is say the Brazilin soccer team sucks and Argentina's team is better ? :ROFLMAO:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Is it true that all I need to do to cause a brazilin to pick up the pitch fork and burn the place down, is say the Brazilin soccer team sucks and Argentina's team is better ? :ROFLMAO:
If the brazilian cares about that kind of stuff, maybe.

qqq666qqq

Sep 11, 2022
Hi, I think I found a way to fix the translation on the profile
In the old and new strings there as well as the source code changes
1698108838780.png
1698108868916.png

qqq666qqq

Sep 11, 2022
I hope this kind of change will help you something,the{}'s change of position can sometimes be a surprise

Last edited:

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Practically speaking you just need to call Football "Soccer" and it will be enough to trigger most nations on the planet that aren't United Staters. Now if you want the Brazilians to send a hitman after you, then just add the second part :Kappa:

• Red Heart
Reactions: teraptuss

qqq666qqq

Sep 11, 2022
Dude, there's a problem, neither your official Android, nor my own repackaged Android, can change the default name of the main character. Please check it.:giggle:

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
Species, to put it more accurately, consisting of the main races: caucasoid, mongoloid & negroid.

lmao thought there can't be racism against white people :sneaky:

Reactions: Bill Temple

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
lmao thought there can't be racism against white people :sneaky:
As a white guy who was in many after school programs with near exclusively black dudes, you can absolutely be racist to white people. We got funny with it though. We were doing a pyramid trust building exercise and I was nominated to be the top because "the white man is always keeping us down". I told him to shut up before I threw him into the pool. That was a decade ago, and that guy is still, to this day, one of my best friends.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
IDK how this can of worms got opened but it's highly entertaining. Lemme pour some fuel on the fire :Kappa:
I'm sorry, Angloids but the sad reality is that Humans are Humans and that is the only sentient race around this planet. The Dolphins are catching up tho so the race thing can be used when they start communicating.
Imagine walking by a dolphin and he goes like "Yo bro, wassup?"

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Species, to put it more accurately, consisting of the main races: caucasoid, mongoloid & negroid.
I was gonna reply that the "human race" is just a poetic metaphor for "species", but I've read enough of Lykanz's argumentation style to know he was gonna reply like he did. Thanks for stepping in front of that bullet for me. :D

Even though I started it, I try to step away from semantics arguments after the first few rounds. Otherwise they take forever and you end up where you started. They always go the same way: Person A says something. Person B says ":geek:Well actually that word means..." (that was me), then everyone goes back and forth arguing whether the word has the original, standard definition or some flexible indefinable colloquial meaning where everyone can string together any combination of words they want and pretend it means absolutely anything.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes