3.10 star(s) 7 Votes

Veluxa

The Last Star Walker
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2022
The problem is that with everybody and their dog able to generate art, those "massive and fast" releases are gonna be garbage. There will barely be an uptick (if any) in quality products and instead we'll just have more trash to sift through. I'm not anti-AI per se, but I am anti low effort. Everyone's so interested in shortcuts and instant gratification these days that they skip the human input entirely. Sure, generate AI art if you must (I can't stand the way it looks), but at least learn how to edit the damn things and make sure that all the wonky shit gets fixed (seriously, hands are gruesome and RIP all foot-fetishists when the AI craze gets more popular). And don't get me started on unedited AI writing... sure, it can make a great foundation (and I've used it as such), but without heavy editing/monitoring the drivel it churns out is abominable.

Right now, AI's biggest potential is as a tool to aid artists/writers/programmers, but there's a rush to make it replace them. It's not there yet, and it's gonna be a while before it is. In the meantime it should be used for things like easing workflow, fighting writer's block, idea generation, art base generation, programming ideas, etc. But the amount of 'games' we're gonna see where the 'dev' is just jamming everything into an AI program and expecting a fully formed game to pop out without severe issues is gonna be depressing.

Not to mention the risk of a decrease in actual, human-made games. If the market becomes too saturated then there's a chance that 'proper' devs will be forced to abandon it to make a living elsewhere. And THAT is a dystopian future I don't want to see :-/
Here’s a thought … Imagine a time in the future where everyone uses AI to create a unique game tailored just for them :WeSmart: Kind of like life, isn’t it? ... It’s like we’re all in this grand play, a game that’s designed by us, starring us, and ultimately, for us.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gasai and Yakis0ba

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Sunyata_ if you haven't already, make sure you request your dev tag. Also, I know I didn't say it before, but congratz on your first game. Don't let the negativity on this site get to you. If it gets too bad, just tell them to stfu and suck your dick. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Veluxa

Veluxa

The Last Star Walker
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2022
Sunyata_ if you haven't already, make sure you request your dev tag. Also, I know I didn't say it before, but congratz on your first game. Don't let the negativity on this site get to you. If it gets too bad, just tell them to stfu and suck your dick. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you ... Although, why so much love for me? ... I thought you were supposed to be the dark melody, friend :ROFLMAO:
But yes, I shall kill them with kindness.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
kidoman
I agree 100%. I got about a quarter of the way through; the dream sequence was worded impressively, and then it was a
AI bot-troll puking out its endless and meaningless word salad.
Many of the background images will make fine wallpaper for my home screen. Thank you very sklounst. :ROFLMAO: (If you get it, you get it)

Then, to top it off, A human AI bot 2.zero left a Puking AI review. What, no wallpaper? The sliminess is epic here.
The reviewer, salvya, a brand new member (surprise), joined a few days ago and scampered around collecting his required reactions for legitimacy purposes, mind you (Haha, so sallow and mindlessly greedy).
It's a sad era we are entering. The tools of greed have overtaken the tools of reason. :(

Hopefully not to be deleted for being off-topic. Which it's not.

Reactions: shamtiiomi

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Elara is just wow! Such a good little elven slut, love her dirty talk. I have to ask, did you use AI to help write the lewd scenes? Because if so, it's a bit scary how it can write smut better than the majority of human writers lol. If not, you have a real talent. Either way, the sex scene with her was as hot as fuck!

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
Here’s a thought … Imagine a time in the future where everyone uses AI to create a unique game tailored just for them :WeSmart: Kind of like life, isn’t it? ... It’s like we’re all in this grand play, a game that’s designed by us, starring us, and ultimately, for us.
Well, there goes bonding with other human beings over things like video games.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
best artwork ive seen in a very very long time ill be back in about 6 to 8 months

Jan 14, 2023
the art is friggin amazing
Correction: the artists who made the pictures that this Algo was trained on are amazing.

Without them (and I recognise the style / probable source materials) you'd get nonsense.

~

Anyhow, at 1gig, I think that's the largest pure AI game I've seen so far. Soon they too will be spamming 10+gig 1st launches and probably 100 gig ones if someone hits the "render all in 4k" by accident.

Gasai

Jul 6, 2018
Wow so this is what the future looks like...when can i retire and just watch games being created with thicc elves one after another, 60 games an hour, non-stop gorgeous ai games. Am i going to die from lack of blood to the brain from this heavenly wonderland when it fully arrives? Will 2024 be the final year of Gasai? R.I.P. elf booty you killed me.

• Yay, new update!
  • I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: hysepReC and Veluxa

Michael_MAN

Feb 18, 2021
I get your point but IMO if you weight in everything we will be better off in general. Imagine a (perfected) tool like that in the hands of someone like, lets say, DR pinkcake (BADIK dev) who is releasing an update after almost a year a little north of 5k renders. and let's say it cuts the dev cycle to something like 4 months... would that really impact the antecipation?

Or better yet, what I had in mind while writing the other post, the creative people out there that have ideas, can write, but don't have the graphics skills, or time, or the equipment to release something.

And if you like to wait, sure but why not wait for a 10k images update instead of a 2k one.
OK, a little misunderstanding from my side. I meant that 2-4 months for an update is ok but reducing the period to 2-4 weeks per update with thousands of renders will have more flaws than advantages

Reactions: otronegro

Jomane

Jul 11, 2017
well for the future it is planned anal sex and pregnancy, as I dont mind futa and things like that, I wil go wait them to be implementated and wil download the game when they are on the game.

Nameless0_0

Jan 17, 2023
View attachment 3113662
Overview:
Step into the abyss and join the relentless journey of a humble hunter, with colossal ambitions to bring the world to its knees.
He hungers for more, to extract every last drop of life until the world cries out for mercy.
Deep within his tormented mind, philosophical voices argue fiercely, but only he can take the decisive actions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2023-11-24
Release Date: 2023-11-24
Developer: Sunyata - - -
Version: 0.1.0 Public
Language: English
Genre:

Planned:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Should add some turn based combat and stat system ngl, would make it fun as a fantasy game

Mar 29, 2023
Unlike most in this forum (at least it seems to me) I embrace AI art, we still have lots to improve but it's visible how much better they are getting, these images are beautiful and I wish nothing but the best for you dev.

I can't wait for the day we can have MASSIVE and FAST releases due to art not being the bottleneck it is today.

Embrace the future guys, don't fight it.
I have nothing against ai cg but... I have something against every dev only using 1 engine/artstyle. Like how it is now, we have lots of different engines that devs can make use of and that gives more variety.

Besides massive and fast releases? Don't you know that haste makes waste? So what if every game can get massive releases on a weekly or daily basis? If there is no decent writing behind it then its just looking at beautiful pictures... (and for the love of god... don't let the ai take over writing...) good art takes time to make, be it writing or visual. So I'd rather wait 6 months for 1 good update than to wait 7 days for a rushed update ;)

Anyways,

These ai cg's look very good, I'm curious to see how the story itself is ^^

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes