VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
How come this being hardly 1 year in development already has like 9852862954 hours of plot and content, and some other "masterpisses" boast astonishing half year making and 10 min playing updates?
Hmmmm :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
dunno man, but for sure Now&Then is one of my all time fav AVNs... I'm somewhat undecided on this one, didn't really captivate me that much

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
dunno man, but for sure Now&Then is one of my all time fav AVNs... I'm somewhat undecided on this one, didn't really captivate me that much
There are some great Human stories here and there is enough content now to reveal where some of the different story lines intersect. I Loved these two encounters in particular: the Robin rescue where the MC recruits Marisa, Tina and Bud to help him rescue Robin and the Apollyon intimate encounter where she entered the MCs sanctuary at his invite.

The Nature of being Human...

The Interim itself is still quite an unusual 'place' for these stories to happen but as we get further into the AVN, it is growing on me.

Aramintha

Formerly 'ProjectSkywardFan'
Jun 1, 2022
I love this game just as much as I love Now and Then there is something captivating about how the dev writes I cant pinpoint exactly what it is its not like its some masterpiece level writing but the way his games play out, written and produced give them a very unique identity that even if its just honey select you can tell who the dev is just from the writing.

As for the game its a bit sad that all the girls will eventually will have to move on but then I don't feel too bad about it because if the MC wins the whole competition he can wish what ever he wants and I do have a guess that he is probably going to wish for the world to be remade how it was or something similar maybe we will get to know the girls for real once his wish is complete, well this is all just speculation but I do hope that's the route the game goes.

I swear ILS Productions games are like a drug I binged all of Now and Then and then I binged Interim Domain was so surprised so much content for a game that is not that old only problem is now I have to wait for the next update im going to be thinking about it all the time these are probably some of the most fun/interesting Visual Novels I played in my life.

Last edited:

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy2.jpg

So, how about that cliffhanger? Maybe not the worst one we've dropped (N&T had some doozies). My first inclination for today's update was to drop a specific picture that thematically tied into where the story was, but I figured it's was way too spoilery, so I decided against it. For those of you who aren't that far along, yet.

As you can expect with this kind of development, there is going to be a cascading effect to other stories. For those who haven't finished Mina's arc in particular, you won't be able to progress until things return to normal. The story flags to manage such a scenario were brought up in an earlier continuity review, so it's good to have that already coded in and ready to deploy.

Those of you who came across Kara in Marisa's recent story and were wondering "When?", fear not, she'll come back again in Marisa's newest event. And if you had the misfortune of having Marisa go Remnant on them, there is a sequence coded into 0.15.0 so that you can get Kara unlocked as well. And those with an eagle eye and great memory will recall we've actually been teasing Kara's presence for a while.

Oh, also, we did implement updated emojis the upcoming update. With the change in the texting/IM textboxes, the old emojis were too small and off alignment. While this doesn't really do much other than improve the UI, it does allow for the text messaging to feel more real.

Thanks for your interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
So is there only one ending for that Chira girl? Given her model type, I thought she was going to end up as a love interest.
Only saw scenes of her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So is there only one ending for that Chira girl? Given her model type, I thought she was going to end up as a love interest.
Only saw scenes of her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Eventually, we are going to have to say goodbye to most/all of the women as the Interim fades and the baggage holding them here is resolved so that they can move on.

I think the final chapters will be especially hard depending on what happens to the different women once they are freed of their baggage.

There is some great story telling that can move the ending in a number of directions, and I have no way to predict an outcome other than the pending battle with Ifuma and hoping that the MC's allies don't suffer too many casualties taking him down.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1688844283370.png
All right, update number 2. A lot packed into this release, both in the main story and many of the side stories. While many of the previous chapters have slowly moved the needle as you build relationships with the other characters and slowly peel back the Interim's mysteries, this update is laser focused on the latest drama to befall Michael and his small circle of Archon and Entede allies. Of course, some of the side stories have some big moments as well. I think if you've been paying attention, you'll see them coming.
1688844263806.png
This update's Combination Scene is a field trip with Kaitlin and Saaya to the art museum. Not too much in the way of hanky-panky as its technically a public location, but it's a nice getaway with the two of them that gives you a sense of the way they act around each other. This scene is gated behind Saaya's most recent story, so be sure to keep up with her.

In terms of other things going on with The Interim Domain, we do have a rough test code for the endgame "endless play-through" section that we're using to test new content without having the main story coded in. Basically, you'll have a series of days where the MC steps out of the house, picks his next choice, rinse/repeat, with moments to see the Other Scenes and Combination Scenes added into the loop.

So, for those worried about not getting to see everything, we are working on it, but it won't be implemented live until we hit the end of the game.

Thanks for the support,
-Kinderfeld

Preview
1688844349148.png
1688844369784.png

WhitishKnight

Jun 20, 2022
Honestly am pleasantly surprised with how big and good updates are. All the relationships and girls' characters are written and shown better and better with each patch. Also like the story more and it's development. (y)

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
2 days ago at 6:47 PM
The Interim Domain 0.15.0 update 3 and release schedule

All right, folks. The release for The Interim Domain 0.15.0 is right around the corner. For fans of Roe and Sammy, both are getting big moments, and Tina's got herself a 2-day event.
In other news, the AC unit in my place died last week in the middle of a wonderful heatwave here in the American South. Fortunately, I was mostly done with renders and onto the testing/copy editing/build generation portion of the development cycle. I know this is a first world problem, but man do I need to get that fixed before I get back into the swing of things. Unless I want my PC to catch fire. :)
Here's the release schedule for 0.15.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - July 13, 2023
Tier 2 -
July 15, 2023
Tier 1 -
July 17, 2023
Public -
July 18, 2023
Change Log 0.15.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (15), Anita (13), Tina (13), Marisa (13), Robin (12), Roe (13), Sammy (10), Allison (6), Saaya (7)
  • Added code for when the choice menu exceeds 10 options
  • Fixed typos and grammar errors
  • Updated emojis
  • Continuity cleanup Mira/Mina
  • Added new audio. Cleaned up define code for some regularly-used effects.
Thanks for your interest and support,
-Kinderfeld

M@ximus

Sep 14, 2018
The Interim Domain 0.15.0

Windows:
-
Mac:
-
Android:
-

Walkthrough:

Change Log 0.15.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (15), Anita (13), Tina (13), Marisa (13), Robin (12), Roe (13), Sammy (10), Allison (6), Saaya (7)
  • Added code for when the choice menu exceeds 10 options
  • Fixed typos and grammar errors
  • Updated emojis
  • Continuity cleanup Mira/Mina
  • Added new audio. Cleaned up define code for some regularly-used effects.

bigtpsychoboy

Oct 2, 2018
Now and Then is one of my all time favorite VNs. I've been trying to wait to play The Interim Domain until it was done. Do we have any idea how much more planned content there is for The Interim Domain before it can be considered "complete?"

Reactions: IndigoHawk

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
Interim Domain is also darker than Now and Then. Now and Then people were trying to survive, but here people have already lost. I think it's more positive than it looks at first, but a lot of people have a bad first impression and give up on it right away.
I feel like the bad first impressions don't really come from the game being darker than "Now and Then" and more from the worldbuilding, plot and writing being very frustrating, illogical and confusing. It is objectively such a huge step down when compared to "Now and Then". At least those were the most frequent complaints I have seen.

To be fair, even half the quality of "Now and Then" would still result in an above average game, but I can understand the criticisms. Coming here and expecting something even remotely on the level of "Now and Then" and ending up with this is bound to be very disappointing. But the rating starting to reflect that with the 3.8 vs. 4.6 should at least somewhat help people to adjust their expectations.

That said, it is still worth playing in my opinion, despite all this I had a good time. Just don't go in expecting something outstanding. And there is always the possibility that ILS will go back and improve on the problems I mentioned above.

Last edited:

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
I feel like the bad first impressions don't really come from the game being darker than "Now and Then" and more from the worldbuilding, plot and writing being very frustrating, illogical and confusing. It is objectively such a huge step down when compared to "Now and Then". At least those were the most frequent complaints I have seen.

To be fair, even half the quality of "Now and Then" would still result in an above average game, but I can understand the criticisms. Coming here and expecting something even remotely on the level of "Now and Then" and ending up with this is bound to be very disappointing. But the rating starting to reflect that with the 3.8 vs. 4.6 should at least somewhat help people to adjust their expectations.

That said, it is still worth playing in my opinion, despite all this I had a good time. Just don't go in expecting something outstanding. And there is always the possibility that ILS will go back and improve on the problems I mentioned above.
The most common complaint I see is that most of the women are ghosts so there's no point and no future in the relationships. That's what I meant by darker.
The second big complaint is that people don't like the game design where it's not easy to see all the side stories. That problem will eventually be solved when the game is finished.

But under the surface it's really pretty much the same story as N&T. The world as we know it is over, and the MC (with a few women) is trying to adapt to a new and alien and more dangerous world. And the eventual goal is to create a new world to live in. It's really just a different coat of paint on N&T.

I think most people give up long before they see development with Apollyon or Mira, or that even the ghosts change over time. And it's totally fine to give up on it, but there's a better game here than most people stick around to see.

As for objectively the worldbuilding, plot, and writing being frustrating, illogical, and confusing, that doesn't seem very objective. It's a game about beyond the end of world, with a competition to collect enough energy to make the next world, and a mystery about how this cycle was started early. It doesn't seem that illogical or confusing. Do you have a specific example in mind?

But yeah, most people don't like it. I think it's just as good as N&T but it's definitely far more niche, even though it has a lot of similarities to N&T.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
I really hope this game ends quickly so developer move into another game. 'Now and Then' is one of the best adult games I've ever played but this one is the opposite. It's one of the worst for me. Also again not fan of Dead mc interacting with dead girls and then send them away. In my opinion there is literally zero point to play this game. We are dead and we are sending girls away. What's the point? lol. I think this developer is really really talented and wasting his time with this thing. If I do reviews, I would give it 1-2 stars at most. Anyways gl with the game

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 38 Votes