VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
Ok...... I am having a terrible time staying interested in this. I had to put it aside for a while. I prefer the stories with real substance and this has it in spades. I could care less about the sex scenes to be honest. However... Chapter 5 just went on forever and I swear I wanted to cut my own throat rather than read anymore of that whole scene between Inanna and the MC. It was simply too much and way too long so I just stopped rather than turn it into a click fest where I am sure I would have missed important details. Please folks.... Tell me this get better and just doesnt drone on and on like chapter 5? The hours of endless dialog is killing me.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx and vmaks

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Ok...... I am having a terrible time staying interested in this. I had to put it aside for a while. I prefer the stories with real substance and this has it in spades. I could care less about the sex scenes to be honest. However... Chapter 5 just went on forever and I swear I wanted to cut my own throat rather than read anymore of that whole scene between Inanna and the MC. It was simply too much and way too long so I just stopped rather than turn it into a click fest where I am sure I would have missed important details. Please folks.... Tell me this get better and just doesnt drone on and on like chapter 5? The hours of endless dialog is killing me.
not anymore hrs of dialog since updates are shortish. anyways they are on island and not much to do besides swim, sunbath, have sex, wander around island, wander around hotel.

Reactions: Boogg

Boogg

Apr 21, 2022
not anymore hrs of dialog since updates are shortish. anyways they are on island and not much to do besides swim, sunbath, have sex, wander around island, wander around hotel.

I ended up deleting it. It was pointlessly long in many places and it's completely circular at this point. As you said. Not much to do and the dev is trying to hard to make a novel out of a VN.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I ended up deleting it. It was pointlessly long in many places and it's completely circular at this point. As you said. Not much to do and the dev is trying to hard to make a novel out of a VN.
your call.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
who made the girl (if there are no other living people on the island besides these four) find flowers (very similar to Pulsatilla patens) and beg to wear these flowers on their heads?
moreover, this someone somehow influenced the girl - she behaved like an obedient slave, or even like a weak-willed zombie.

traveling through other people's dreams can be really tiring if you don't know that you are watching other people's dreams.

Last edited:

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I understand you. I myself undertake this VN for the third time. the first two times I was triggered by the hodgepodge of plots like in "Robot Chicken" - until I found out that they were all dreams (and I thought they died and watched the dreams of a dying brain or something like that). and watching other people's dreams is a thankless task. This requires very strong nerves. when I found myself in someone else's dream in VN "my best deal" - there was little pleasant.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
screenshot0001.png
this place was my first erased game.
I was triggered by the fact that the MC thinks not with his head, but with a dick.
here the game must be erased and the MC should be covered with all possible curses that you can think of.

after a day, having calmed down a little, I install the game again and continue from this place.
i been frustrated enough, I curse THIS goddamn MC enough and it became interesting for me to watch his karma punishment for what he thinks with a dick and not with his head. the part begins where we begin to experience sadistic pleasure from the fact that the MC receives punishment - he is like the last idiot, as if he saw women for the first time in his life - he remained on the island out of his own stupidity, (to hell with these women - they themselves are perfectly throats without me gnaw through with boredom) instead of catching up with Skipper and breaking his legs, or at least have time to jump on his yacht and safely sail home. - first Skipper and only then women - not vice versa! *we get a bad thought again*((c)dwarf fortess 2)

the second time we get a "bad thought" at the plot moment, where the MC is like an obedient slave (WHAT? one man on the island in slavery to women? he is definitely a moron, and this is a proven fact! +1 bad thought, total 2 bad thoughts out of 3 possible for tantrum ) begins to carry the suitcases. I found myself completely furious and inadequate on a scene in which three women lie on beach trestle beds

- a scene after which an incomprehensible kaleidoscope of events begins. +1 bad thought, tantrum started.
game removed, game distribution removed.

three more days passed. the distribution is downloaded again, the game is installed again.

Last edited:

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
But there is one interesting moment.
I would like to ask those who have already brought their children from the hospital to their home. in Russia, when babies are taken home from the maternity hospital, they are wrapped in a blanket, which is tied up with a belt on top - girls with a pink or red ribbon and boys with a blue or blue ribbon.
I noticed a flower at the MC - blue. and female characters have pink.

I have a suspicion that has crept in - either the author is from the countries of the former USSR or there is such a tradition in the West too (blue-red as a gender marker)
I'm right?

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I think that the idea and concept of the author was a success. this VN infuriated me from the very beginning (twice I deleted the game from the hard drive - it means something! and even when I calmed down a little - I still keep myself from pressing fast forward, rewind to the end and erase again) - that means She touched something in me. so bravo to the author. a strong response, as if a bloody dried bandage had been torn from an old wound without warning. It remains to understand what exactly is wrong with me, it is not clear what exactly is bleeding.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
as I understand it, the author either has a very good monitor on which the difference is clearly visible when Alice is talking to her alter ego copy. or very young eyes. or both.
but still it's very impolite to brag to other players about how easily you personally, the author, distinguish the colors of two characters with an identical name.
my monitor and eyes don't give me an easy distinction between Alice speaking and her copy. and I have to look at the difference for a long time. well, or at least you would call Alice with her Alter-ego so that it is clearly distinguishable when someone speaks to whom.

I think that the game as a whole needs to be given one penalty point - for disrespect for the players.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets
Oct 22, 2017
Just saw that 0.9 is out. :love:

'Only' backstory/info dump, but it was much needed for the MC going forward.
Great update. Many thanks PixelsLab (y)
With Eve seemingly planning everything ahead as Real-Liv mentions in the end, also planning the MC resisting her and therefore trying to kill/remove Inanna if he thinks he is supposed to support her, even though we get more insight towards the approaching 'end', I wonder what role Shadow-Eve played. Was her advising against Inannas 'death' 'true' or did Eve know about/plan her and the information presented by her too? Was Eve even truthful, or is Real-Liv supposed to influence the MC in a way now she herself wouldn't have been able to? You definitely keep it exciting.
Also great cliffhanger. Can't wait to see what happens now that Alice shed her small appearance [not that! - well - that too ;), but mostly regarding herself and her 'growth' :rolleyes:/evolution] and what exactly Liv told her.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
*BUGREPORT*

the author made an oversight.

scene "Liv and Kathy in the Refugee" 3rd day.

when Liv and Kathy are talking, but they have not yet climbed into the bath, two phrases are indicated there, as if they are spoken by the MC, while either Liv or Kathy should speak.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and yet, with the colors of the names in the scene near the tennis table, when Alice created a clone for herself - you would change the colors of the text so that it would be easier to understand when which Alice is speaking.

Last edited:

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
the fact that the characters go to bed in one bed and wake up in another - it's strange! at the end of chapter 2, the MC went to bed. Inana put Alice to sleep next to him.

beginning of chapter 3 - Alice wakes up alone. in another bed in another room (what the hell???) author, figure out where your heroes sleep?!!!
usually, where the body lay down - from there it usually rises. but your heroes are somnambulists?

and also - why the hell is it that when I choose "no" in this frame,
screenshot0011.png
it throws me into the middle of chapter 2? WHY DO YOU NEED THIS CHOICE AT ALL?

If you think logically, then in this place this choice only gives you the opportunity to see an alternative passage of some part of the scenario - nothing more.
if I don't want to see an alternative, if I just linearly go through the game - then I will always choose NO. (the author, have you thought about such a logical act of the players? or maybe it would be worth making an explanation for this choice more logically?)

I seem to begin to understand other players who erased the game. oh, how I understand them - when out of ignorance you go through the same fragment 3-4 times, not realizing that you are going through this fragment again - it begins to seem like some kind of looped nonsense, an evil mockery of logic.
a case where the game can trigger players out of the blue.

damn it, i'm mad. I am very angry!

• Angry
Reactions: Balu83

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
the fact that the characters go to bed in one bed and wake up in another - it's strange! at the end of chapter 2, the MC went to bed. Inana put Alice to sleep next to him.

beginning of chapter 3 - Alice wakes up alone. in another bed in another room (what the hell???) author, figure out where your heroes sleep?!!!
usually, where the body lay down - from there it usually rises. but your heroes are somnambulists?

View attachment 2169875

If you think logically, then in this place this choice only gives you the opportunity to see an alternative passage of some part of the scenario - nothing more.
if I don't want to see an alternative, if I just linearly go through the game - then I will always choose NO. (the author, have you thought about such a logical act of the players? or maybe it would be worth making an explanation for this choice more logically?)

I seem to begin to understand other players who erased the game. oh, how I understand them - when out of ignorance you go through the same fragment 3-4 times, not realizing that you are going through this fragment again - it begins to seem like some kind of looped nonsense, an evil mockery of logic.

It's not in the original game, smart guy.
Download some modified pirated version and complain to me? Have you completely lost your conscience?
You've been writing your crazy comments non-stop for a week now. This is not your personal blog at all.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020

View attachment 2169875

Your screen shot is from a modded version of the game. The "speaker" in your screenshot is AB, the author of a mod, and he is offering the player the option to see an alternative version of a scene. Complaints about the performance of a mod need to be addressed to the mod author, not the Dev.

As for your "sleepwalking" characters, I think perhaps you haven't read far enough to understand what kind of a world this game inhabits. Inanna never appears in the "real" world, only in a dream world. (This is an extremely important plot point. In fact, this disability of hers is basically the entire reason behind the story of the game.) If the characters are interacting with her, they are not awake. They are asleep and "dreaming". If Inanna "put Alice to bed next to MC", that didn't physically happen in the "real" world. That basically corresponds to Inanna sending them out of her dream world back into their sleeping bodies, wherever they happen to be.

If you don't like the game, the exit is behind you. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

If you want to know what's going on in the game, keep reading and find out. (Although, fair warning, the story as it stands now still has plenty of unanswered questions.)

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Download some modified pirated version and complain to me?
ummm...

I took the download link from this site.
that is, the MOD is to blame? I understand.

the first time in my practice that the MOD only spoils everything.

I apologize.

Reactions: vmaks

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Inanna never appears in the "real" world, only in a dream world.
if Inanna does not appear in the real world - WHO then advised (wrong word - forced) Alice to pick flowers and distribute flowers to everyone else from this four? TO WHOM did Alice apologize for losing her flower? WHO put her to bed right after that, and put her flower near her head?
and WHO then raised the flower thrown out by the MC?
the only one who fits is Inanna...
there are no other characters in the story yet.

Liv-copy doesn't fit. Ivy is only visible to the MC - she doesn't seen by Alice. and others do not see her. Katie can see Liv-copy only after meeting her at the refuge in the middle of the lake.
besides, Liv-copy is a little darker than Inanna.
and the hand that raised the flower is fair-skinned - it's Inanna in human body. Also Inanna say what its hard for her been in human body for additional wear a dress.

later in the story, I encounter Inanna mentioning three of her appearances in the real world, which coincides with my suspicions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Λvipray_x
4.00 star(s) 151 Votes