VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

meeee

Aug 14, 2017
Thank you for the update.
I understand both the creator and the people's frustration with the "small" update, but it's here nonetheless and is quite constant so I appreciate it and people should calm their frustrations and appreciate it, especially if you get to experience the game/novel for free.
I fell in love, so to speak with the story from the game, it's one of the only few games where I never hit the skip button on conversations, the characters have their own personalities well defined and, the too-often seen "bias" of the writers/creators where a style of speaking,behavior and so on, is "spread" evenly through out the characters and have the same "lines" for example is not met in here.
I understand where we are "here" and I know almost everybody will say this is not a place where to involve or talk any kind of politics so I will avoid using dates and names. I am one that no longer supports in any way,shape or form or directly to send money into his 'country' to anyone for any kind of reason since earlier this year, when the invasion started. There is no such thing as "apolitical", only excuses for ignorants and apathetic people.
I see PixelsLab have a great talent and it's a hard-working person where his passion can be seen and appreciated into the project itself, and I hope he is far from the dangers his gov creates and I wish to restart giving him the support he deserves for this work but I will not.. I cannot do it in good conscience for my own entertainment while people are dying; and I believe he would do the same in protest or in solidarity if roles in the conflict would be inverted.

PixelsLab

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2018
How tired I am of all this... One accuses me that I created the game to milk the players. The other one doesn't like that the update is small. Although I have warned many times that it is small. The third one tells me that I am ignorant and appaletic. And that I have no right to receive at least some kind of payment for my work, since I could not overthrow my government alone. I'm sure if I can't pay for rent and food, it will stop the war, which is going on due to the multibillion-dollar sale of energy resources.
I was sitting on this site with only one goal - to communicate with players who do not have the opportunity to pay for the game. Because Patreon does not give such an opportunity. But it's more like it's a place where people just spit out their indignation on every occasion.
I think the moderators will be able to take care of the game page without me.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
If any a Y”all ever read the bible .. yes there was the flood, yes God asked for sacrifices,
actual real flesh and blood, your own flesh and blood to be axact, sacrifices.
Those never dissuaded God from talking to the disciples, from talking to His son,
never stopped the angels enacting Gomorrah purges upon the sinners.

God may have not talked to Cain on account of his attitude, but He did talk to countless others
through dreams and revelations and being the power to make miracles happen through them.

In this game MC is actually living with his god, he has his maker along side him.

You could be Cain, spiteful and vengeful, killing your own brother because of your spite and pigheadedness,
just watch the Russel Crowe movie about Noah and Cain,
you will understand how divisive such a powerfully rooted in human psiche story the theme of this game is.
How tired I am of all this... One accuses me that I created the game to milk the players. The other one doesn't like that the update is small. Although I have warned many times that it is small. The third one tells me that I am ignorant and appaletic. And that I have no right to receive at least some kind of payment for my work, since I could not overthrow my government alone. I'm sure if I can't pay for rent and food, it will stop the war, which is going on due to the multibillion-dollar sale of energy resources.
I was sitting on this site with only one goal - to communicate with players who do not have the opportunity to pay for the game. Because Patreon does not give such an opportunity. But it's more like it's a place where people just spit out their indignation on every occasion.
Is there a recurring theme of mind control in this?
Yeah, the maker of MC is a controlling god. Mind control tricks are implemented,
premonition dreams, the kind the angekls brought to those receiving revelations in the bible stories.

You write a story about a god and his creation trying to make a living together,
yes you will have divisive opinions and dismissives, many Canes to go around in gaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: operamini

bolezc6

Apr 23, 2021
The haters always scream the loudest, don't make em get into you.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
game sounds great. Funny, I took Greek mythology in College and every time I see a story that involves an island I am reminded of the stories of the Sirens of the Isle of Lesbos. different variations to the story but each version has one thing in common. It does not end up well for the men who end up on the Island. One version the Island is only inhabited what look like beautiful woman who attract sailors to the shores, any who survive the Rocks and make it find it impossible to leave. The longer they are on the island they begin to change. For only woman can inhabit the island,rather Sirens can only only inhabit the island. The other version the men can't escape the island but they just die. If you get stuck on an island with only woman on it. Beware,too good to be true. LOL.

Reactions: vmaks

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Does anything happen with little sis? I like the mom as well but don't really want to play if it is only focused on Kate.
yes something happens with her but if you want mc to split her into 2 then gotta wait.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
The release day of an Intoxicating Flavour update is like Groundhog Day.

Always the same small update this, no sex scenes that.

You would imaging that after 30 updates people would know about this AVN.

This is a well-written, dialogue heavy story with sex scenes and not a hare-brained
story stringing together as many sex scenes as possible.

But no. Every new update new folk crawl out from under a rock expecting something
that Intoxicating Flavour is not and then whine on the board here.

To be fair though. Some of the character models are really well done and
the few sex scenes are really great so of course people want more of them.

Anyhow I appreciate the story. Yup, I am weird like that.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I still like your work. I am waiting for the next update as you have said you did warn it was short due to things beyond your control. I am not complaining though. I see a mixture on this site some positive some not. We all have our days. Don't let someone else's frustrations or bad day ruin yours. You still have plenty of fans who appreciate the time and attention you hand out for free. That is the sign of a good dev. I don't see many of the complainers making their own game. So I understand if you choose to leave the thread but I hope you don't.

Mr. Harper

Feb 25, 2020
Lmao another developers left this site because they lost to a haters, they forget that there are many fans of their game on this site.... but anyway it's their decision

Last edited:

Ero - Sennin

May 18, 2017
How does mind-control works in this game ? I hope its not to mess with the minds of the girls to make them MC's sex slaves

• Angry
Reactions: DarkDank

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017
Easy man, many comments are just to stupid to interact, do not lose your time for fools...

DoppDopp

Jun 8, 2018
Bro your work is awesome. People on this board are fucked in the head with their expectations and complain in every god damn thread I have ever read on this site. Updates are always too small, too short, too delayed, too whatever. Probably >90% never contributed a dime.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Yeah, the maker of MC is a controlling god.
preciselly said, controlling "god"
god is one and omnipresent and "gods" are people, they are smart and wise, but they are of flesh and blood, but by their nature are false when they tell themselves to be called gods. they are just as afraid of death as ordinary people - which puts them on the same level with ordinary people. perhaps, for their sins, they fear death much more than ordinary people.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes