VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

m3jez

Jan 5, 2019
is it still wordy?
i've played it twice, first time it was good, but second time it got really long with the whole goddess explaination, actually put me to sleep multiple times

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
THe last time I played was last year, around november. then decided to download the newest update to see how is it going. And after a year it only had a 30 minutes reading update. He didn't even leave the island yet and the events from then and now are very few lol.

It has been 4 years since this VN was started. Maybe I will check in 2026 after the next world cup to see how it is going. And if he finally left the island.

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
People expect to much of a small developer who doesn't make much money and is in a country where there is an ongoing war
Exactly. It's like they think every developer has a large team of people working for them, that it should take an unrealistic amount of time to create a scene because they have no experience doing it themselves, and/or that the developer should be spending every waking moment working on the game. They could also be trolls who will complain regardless to try and upset people because they're sad, miserable people that think everyone else deserves to be as well.

wastrel

Oct 7, 2017
My external storage somehow became corrupted.

I'm not about to ask any one to send me a save, because I love everything about this VN/sortofgame, and I'm happy to go through it all again.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nice very sfw update, just background story (which was mostly known already) and moving on on sideplot and seeing that mommy is evil (nothing new).

Reactions: delacroix2

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
People expect to much of a small developer who doesn't make much money and is in a country where there is an ongoing war
There is always so many excuses. Most of developers in this forum are working solo with no team. Small developers as well. And as I said, it has been 4 years almost 5 now. If you mean the ukraine war it started on february this year. Lets say, if he had completed this in 3 years, he would have made a good amount of money and could probably put this VN on steam, they would sell well there.

Then he could already be working on another and earning a good amount of money since people would know he is a reliable developer.

With these excuses you are going nowhere. I am not expecting anything, if a dev doesn't deliver there is no point of me spending money anyway. Christmas is coming and only 2 will be graced by santa, the rest has been naughty.

Reactions: noman hossain

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Warning for all the dyslexic zoomers suffering from ADD: More than a two liner ahead! ;)

I wrote it in different threads before but Ima write it again:
I take small(er) and unfrequent updates over an abandonment any day.
I too would like big, hour long updates for all AVNs on a monthly basis
but hey I'd also like a threesome with Scarlett Johanson and Emma Stone
but somehow adult life doesn't work like that. Really strange! :ROFLMAO:

The rest in spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 22, 2017
Thought about it. Many developers from my country have thought about this. I have already created a , but it is still empty. I just don't think there will be many people who want to go there. I have been collecting on Patreon for more than 4 years those who are subscribed now.
I'd switch my pledge from Patreon to Subscribestar - if I was able to do so. But like you said, the page is empty, so I can't pledge there right now.

Ries67

Jun 6, 2018
How tired I am of all this... One accuses me that I created the game to milk the players. The other one doesn't like that the update is small. Although I have warned many times that it is small. The third one tells me that I am ignorant and appaletic. And that I have no right to receive at least some kind of payment for my work, since I could not overthrow my government alone. I'm sure if I can't pay for rent and food, it will stop the war, which is going on due to the multibillion-dollar sale of energy resources.
I was sitting on this site with only one goal - to communicate with players who do not have the opportunity to pay for the game. Because Patreon does not give such an opportunity. But it's more like it's a place where people just spit out their indignation on every occasion.
I think the moderators will be able to take care of the game page without me.
It doesn't matter what forum, what club, whatever. There will always be people who get a kick out off bashing others. I already am not affended by stupidity of others anymore and let it slide. I actually feel sorry for them to be honest.

Don't let it get to you, your work and effort is appriciated by more then these few who get off on hurting others. Just stay save and healthy my friend.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Thanks for the update. Been a while since I played this so I have a quick question to ask. Did we ever have a choice as to wether we want to bang the older sister or was that set in stone in the story and thus creating a mini drama between the mother and daughter ? If we had a choice then I'll have to go back to a previous save and change my choice.

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
The game looks good and I have read some comments, for my part I will give it a try, but the key question here to do it is will there be a Harem?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
There is always so many excuses. Most of developers in this forum are working solo with no team. Small developers as well. And as I said, it has been 4 years almost 5 now. If you mean the ukraine war it started on february this year. Lets say, if he had completed this in 3 years, he would have made a good amount of money and could probably put this VN on steam, they would sell well there.

Then he could already be working on another and earning a good amount of money since people would know he is a reliable developer.

With these excuses you are going nowhere. I am not expecting anything, if a dev doesn't deliver there is no point of me spending money anyway. Christmas is coming and only 2 will be graced by santa, the rest has been naughty.
If you look in the OP changelogs, you'll see this game has always had smaller updates. The biggest was 393, the smallest is only 44 and the average is probably around 150.

This website is definitely toxic. Huge developers like Philly and Pinkcake to smaller ones have left this site because of it. Hopefully Pixel's isn't one of them, he has been consistent, reliable and friendly the entire time.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes