Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I am a big fan of the dev's work on his other game, Dark Magic. Its one of my favorites, and I've loved it for a long time. I also have supported his need/desire to step away from that one due to burnout and focus on this other project to get himself right. That's all cool.

But after finishing the available content in this one, I'm just not a fan. On the technical side, its a well made game in his style. It gets a lot of that right. But the MC is such a whiney little wuss who doesn't seem to want to have any fun, in a situation made for it, and that just sucks the air right out of the experience for me.

In Dark Magic, the MC suddenly has a supernatural gift bestowed on him where he's able to suddenly have sex with almost any woman that he wants, and his reaction is terrific. He's gung ho all for it, and proceeds to corrupt and fuck his whole village, basically. There's a lot of humor, and basically the MC winking at the player through the 4th wall, enjoying the whole experience and just staying within the lines to make sure he doesn't mess up.

In this one, the MC is also gradually gifted a supernatural situation to have sex with tons of different women, and he gets upset about it and just wants to go home. I just have a really, really hard time coming to grips with games that do that. The MC can be an inexperienced loser who has to get better at dating and sex, but he needs to be enthusiastic about it! And this one really isn't so far. Its a bummer.

And so far, while there's a lot of content here for a first release, the player doesn't really have much control at all over what happens. Its a hallway VN, not a game like Dark Magic is. That's a downer for me also.

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
If this turns out to be as good as dark magic, i need to increase the number of save slots per page, not the default 3x2 from the very start. :D

Nov 9, 2017
Dark Magic is one of my favourite games, so I feel obliged to try this one, but, from my experience, if someone's working on more than one project none of them is getting necessary attention...
So yeah, I'll just hope.
That is the danger of splitting resources like this. Yahtzee of Zero punctuation fame commented about this.

Reactions: Barabash
Nov 9, 2017
In this one, the MC is also gradually gifted a supernatural situation to have sex with tons of different women, and he gets upset about it and just wants to go home. I just have a really, really hard time coming to grips with games that do that. The MC can be an inexperienced loser who has to get better at dating and sex, but he needs to be enthusiastic about it! And this one really isn't so far. Its a bummer.

And so far, while there's a lot of content here for a first release, the player doesn't really have much control at all over what happens. Its a hallway VN, not a game like Dark Magic is. That's a downer for me also.
Kinetic Novel is the term for such on rails games (Telltell games were this way to a large extent). I prefer games where you have continual options rather than choose love/slave options. I have notices that many of these games have MCs who are losers (Superpowered) or total jerks (Enslaver). It is easier if the MC is effectively an empty vessel that you can put yourself into to some degree (Four Elements Trainer, Harem Hotel, A House in the Rift, and Corrupted Kingdoms)

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Kinetic Novel is the term for such on rails games (Telltell games were this way to a large extent). I prefer games where you have continual options rather than choose love/slave options. I have notices that many of these games have MCs who are losers (Superpowered) or total jerks (Enslaver). It is easier if the MC is effectively an empty vessel that you can put yourself into to some degree (Four Elements Trainer, Harem Hotel, A House in the Rift, and Corrupted Kingdoms)
Well, I VERY strongly desire some sort of map or list where I can choose where to go and which character to interact with next, which likely means that the player gets to a point where you have to check off certain tasks to move ahead, but that's OK.

Dark Magic works well that way, with it's hint system. Mythic Manor is another good example using HS. MAX, My New Neighbors, Mystwood Manor, Man of the House, Lunar's Chosen, Lust Academy, and of course the big boys Summertime Saga and Treasure of Nadia are all games with a system like this that I love.

When this one started, I was hoping that at some point, it was going to evolve into that kind of game, but it doesn't feel like its going to.

Nov 9, 2017
Well, I VERY strongly desire some sort of map or list where I can choose where to go and which character to interact with next, which likely means that the player gets to a point where you have to check off certain tasks to move ahead, but that's OK.
A House in the Rift has this mechanic - a hint book and a map showing you where characters are. I like it as well and think it is a good system instead of wandering around and hoping character z shows up.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
A House in the Rift has this mechanic - a hint book and a map showing you where characters are. I like it as well and think it is a good system instead of wandering around and hoping character z shows up.
I tried that one twice, and just couldn't get into it. Didn't like the characters and felt it was kind of boring. But not every game is for everyone's tastes, of course.

Nov 9, 2017
I tried that one twice, and just couldn't get into it. Didn't like the characters and felt it was kind of boring. But not every game is for everyone's tastes, of course.
I have my own issues with A House in the Rift - mainly the MC doesn't come off as all that knowledgeable if he comes from a world similar to our Earth.

He knows about Harley Quinn but not about Multiple realities? How in the world does that work? Especially as in the comics the "main reality" Harley Quinn traveled to the Bombshell reality and drove the Hitler there to suicide (just to escape from her crazy).

More over if the house is formed out of the MC's mind to some degree then why not have a computer that connects to the internet or have a internet tie into the TV allowing him access to more information?

Reactions: AwsHen

Boldano

Nov 16, 2020
This game has no NTR content, right? I'm confused.
Sounds like you will be the only one to have your mother and sister, but everyone else on the island seems to be in like a swinging type agreement with each other. No traditional cheating or NTR, but expect to see other penises inside the female characters other than your family.

Reactions: dollarlnwza

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
This game has no NTR content, right? I'm confused.
The only true love interests in the game at least for now are the mom and sister. Everyone on the island has sex with each other but the game makes it pretty clear that no one will touch mom and sis. The other characters in the game are basically just there to help the mc and the girls get together.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes