Ren'Py Abandoned The J-Files Episode 1: The Penny Conspiracy [v1.a] [L8eralGames]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
For me it gets unbearable when the writers broke canon. There with there could only be 12 Doctors.
If they wanted a female Time Lord then Matt Smith could have found a female Time Lord roaming the galaxy and after his Doctor passed she would be the new Time Lord, but NOT the Doctor as his time was over.

Reactions: L8ERALgames
Nov 18, 2018
In "The Five Doctors" in 1983, The Master was offered an additional series of regenerations by the Lord President, although he didn't actually get them and had to find more nefarious ways to stay alive. So that has been part of the canon for almost 40 years. It was also shown during Romana's regeneration sequence in 1979 that Time Lord sexes were not fixed.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
True.
But was there a story reason for making a female Doctor?
In the reboot the Doctor went from Christopher Eccleston to David Tennant (best since Tom Baker) to Matt Smith then it seems the show became strongly more about promoting a social/political ideology than entertainment.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
True.
But was there a story reason for making a female Doctor?
In the reboot the Doctor went from Christopher Eccleston to David Tennant (best since Tom Baker) to Matt Smith then it seems the show became strongly more about promoting a social/political ideology than entertainment.
i have to say my favourite doctors were tom baker (who i grew up watching), and then i'd pick matt smith to be honest because he seemed the most ALIEN of them. he just looked and acted totally alien.

also, i have to say one thing i loved was watching capaldi when he was doing an almost impersonation of previous doctors. like, sometimes he'd talk with baker's cadence. i could see moments where he was definitely using previous doctors' little habits or mannerisms and that, to me, was genius. it's a shame a lot of his scripts were terrible.

but i think doctor who as a whole has suffered from being a bit unsure of what it is and where it fits in both the age of its targeted audience and the overall tone of the show.

i personally feel they need to slow down and go back a little to some longer stories overall, and lose the soap opera. for me, that's why i haven't watched the new doctor. it looks like a soap opera now.

and that's my doctor who rant.

Nov 18, 2018
Dr. Who has always had a social conscious side ... war/pollution/authoritarianism, etc. But I agree the last season was particularly overt in beating us over the head with it to the exclusion of any really decent stories.

I had no problem with them going for a woman. It's been over a dozen regenerations. Statistically it had to happen sometime. She's not the best Dr. by any means (Tom Baker), but she's certainly not the worst (Colin Baker) either.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Since there are no longer any Police Boxes a TARDIS would have to find a new guise.
A TARDIS needs to be big enough for a person to enter, has solid walls so passersby can't see inside, has a door, and is so common it blends into the scenery. :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
Since there are no longer any Police Boxes a TARDIS would have to find a new guise.
A TARDIS needs to be big enough for a person to enter, has solid walls so passersby can't see inside, has a door, and is so common it blends into the scenery. :LOL:
Yours definitely fits the requirements. The only thing I thought of was a shipping container...
1605845570973.png
Mine's too big, and both are decidedly lacking in charm; there must be something better.

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
Oh hell yes! Here's the new TARDIS..
Well.. maybe, if the glass was completely blacked out? :unsure:

Last edited:

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Thinking of time devices...

I recently bought a smart watch. And my keyboard died, so I'm waiting on a new one while using a shitty one which isn't great to code on, so I can't do any coding. And then there's the fact Daz updated their render engine and for some reason I can now no longer render some of my more complex scenes... Waiting on my new video card.

With all that waiting, I decided to personalize my smart watch (a galaxy 3). I made a little animation of penny floating in space (little boob bounce and arm/leg movements to look like she's weightless. Then added a spinning galaxy background so it looks like she's in space.

If I can figure out how, I plan to share it with the world. Not sure the android markets accept nudity... Might cover her up and do a safe for app store version...

com.watchface.Penny_Watch_201121143845.png com.watchface.Penny_Watch_201121105818.png

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
the heart is the heart monitor. it seemed appropriate. i don't care about my step counter.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes