Ren'Py Abandoned The J-Files Episode 1: The Penny Conspiracy [v1.a] [L8eralGames]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
IMO this is a game that has a lot of potential. The many story possibilities give a great deal of creative latitude.
The dev created a real tour de force with this game.
I know that coding is a labor intensive endeavor but don't let the mechanics over shadow the quality writing and art.

Reactions: L8ERALgames

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
It would be great to see Jack, feeling responsible for Penny, discover a heroic side he didn't know he had. I think most of us hope Penny's scenes display more of those beautiful renders to provide some real fan service in addition to expert story development.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
IMO Penny is not as innocent as she seems. She has a crush on the MC and is working to develop a relationship with him.
At least until she was kidnapped by the alien who doesn't know a human male for a human female. Penny may be in for a bumpy ride or at least an attempted alien-human mating.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
^ this.

Penny has been created now as a hub. So it'll be easy to add new story into it by slotting it in. STH2, though, is a big piece of work which i want in the same condition: at a point where i can add more expansion stories into it easy. after STH2 is released, i expect to get a lot quicker with updates. the hardest part of the process is usually the "engine" (think: quest systems etc), and the gui and getting all the mechanics to work. story and renders is mostly the easy part.

:)
This game certainly does have a wide range of possible scenarios.
In only one update both characters already have fairly developed personalities. The MC means well but sometimes gets sidetracked. Penny seems to be the more confident and better able to deal with situations, plus she's hot as hell.
Looking forward to the next update.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Just wondering when we will see Penny again.
one i've finished the first part of 'shag the hag 2', i'll do the next episode of penny. not sure how long at this stage. a lot of it depends on renders. i'm looking to update my pc over the next month or so, so will have a better idea in a month or two, i think.

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
one i've finished the first part of 'shag the hag 2', i'll do the next episode of penny. not sure how long at this stage. a lot of it depends on renders. i'm looking to update my pc over the next month or so, so will have a better idea in a month or two, i think.
If you've had your pc for a while like I did, it starts to slow down from an accumulation of unnecessary files and outdated drivers. I found a 2TB Seagate external drive for $59 US on Amazon, offloaded everything important and reformatted the hard drive. I first got a utility from MajorGeeks.com called produkey-x64 that revealed my Windows installation key and downloaded the latest Windows installation disc from Microsoft to reinstall the system. After reinstalling my favorite AV and Browser, I updated the Radeon graphics drivers and BIOS for good measure. Now my system is faster than when I first got it. I takes a few hours reinstalling stuff but I got a real performance boost. Hope that helps.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
If you've had your pc for a while like I did, it starts to slow down from an accumulation of unnecessary files and outdated drivers. I found a 2TB Seagate external drive for $59 US on Amazon, offloaded everything important and reformatted the hard drive. I first got a utility from MajorGeeks.com called produkey-x64 that revealed my Windows installation key and downloaded the latest Windows installation disc from Microsoft to reinstall the system. After reinstalling my favorite AV and Browser, I updated the Radeon graphics drivers and BIOS for good measure. Now my system is faster than when I first got it. I takes a few hours reinstalling stuff but I got a real performance boost. Hope that helps.
yah, i've had similar experiences. i had to reinstall in march this year after my hard drive quite literally melted... wish i could say it was the first one... i've now bought an external storage thing which has fans in it to keep the hard drives cooler.

it's been a terrible year for technology for me...

Reactions: ronan333
4.20 star(s) 11 Votes