Ren'Py Abandoned The J-Files Episode 1: The Penny Conspiracy [v1.a] [L8eralGames]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So will Penny now be on her own outer-space adventures while the MC is running around on Earth trying to "rescue" her?

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
So will Penny now be on her own outer-space adventures while the MC is running around on Earth trying to "rescue" her?
no, they'll be back together soon enough to go on yet more alien (mis)adventures. although jack will need to set up his office first...

Reactions: Kondorito

syh653

Mar 5, 2018
Hopefully something from the Utah State Liquor Store. Grocery stores in this state are capped at 5% ABV.
CO, until fairly recently, capped grocery stores at 3.2%. I loved listening to tourists every Sunday bitch about having to wait until after noon to only be able to purchase beverages akin to fornicating in a canoe. Look, folks, you've been here since Friday night. The liquor store next door was open all day Saturday. Just be glad you're not in a dry county or a state that requires either a sponsor or membership card, okay?

On topic, I loved that naming bit; I had to go back and verify the name I picked was indeed its own branch. Kismet! :D

Americanism: it's A/C, not air con.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Wasn't it the law in South Carolina that you had to buy an entire bottle of alcohol in a bar, so the bars used to carry shitloads of miniature liquor bottles.

syh653

Mar 5, 2018
Wasn't it the law in South Carolina that you had to buy an entire bottle of alcohol in a bar, so the bars used to carry shitloads of miniature liquor bottles.
That wouldn't surprise me if that were true. Blue Laws are a patchwork of crazy in this country.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
Any updates on this game? Of all the games I follow on this site, this has been the one I've awaited news on the most. It was refreshingly different.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Any updates on this game? Of all the games I follow on this site, this has been the one I've awaited news on the most. It was refreshingly different.
There's a temporary hold on it atm.

I was planning to do Shag the Hag 2, and follow it up with the next Penny game. Instead, Shag the Hag 2 just got pinged by Patreon for characters looking too young. I was told there wasn't anything really wrong with the character given her height and context story-wise, but I had to increase boob size. I'm concerned, given the characters are not young but had small boobs, that I'd be having to fix the alien girl in Penny. Especially given the alien girl is shorter. While they were reviewing my content, I did get the impression they would consider further bans if I put her in sexual positions.

I'm currently considering my options, but not many people like Subscribestar, so I'm trying to decide whether to just stay broke for the rest of my life or accept Patreon's obsession with big tits and redesign these characters.

I should decide in about a month.

In the meantime, I'm working on something new where tits are patreon friendly (read: silicone-injected) for the most part. You can find some , but I'm expecting a release in April. I've finished the UI, and am just finishing writing the story and doing the renders. Won't take long, because my card is awesome now.

I like to think it's going to be just as much fun as anything else I create. :)

Reactions: Nopenopeno

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018

I was planning to do Shag the Hag 2, and follow it up with the next Penny game. Instead, Shag the Hag 2 just got pinged by Patreon for characters looking too young. I was told there wasn't anything really wrong with the character given her height and context story-wise, but I had to increase boob size. I'm concerned, given the characters are not young but had small boobs, that I'd be having to fix the alien girl in Penny. Especially given the alien girl is shorter. While they were reviewing my content, I did get the impression they would consider further bans if I put her in sexual positions.

I'm currently considering my options, but not many people like Subscribestar, so I'm trying to decide whether to just stay broke for the rest of my life or accept Patreon's obsession with big tits and redesign these characters.

In the meantime, I'm working on something new where tits are patreon friendly (read: silicone-injected) for the most part. You can find some , but I'm expecting a release in April. I've finished the UI, and am just finishing writing the story and doing the renders. Won't take long, because my card is awesome now.

Thanks for the reply, and the openess. Developing anything has got to be frustrating, but solo with only fan support... yeah I cannot imagine. Personally I love your writing and don't care if Penny's boobs are big or small (have always preferred natural proportions). If it came down to having to compromise, I would rather have your game to play with larger boob characters, than no game with smaller boob characters. Still, you have to live with your decision more than anyone, so do what you think is best. Even if you "go big", I imagine you'll keep them more to the realistic end of the spectrum than not. Best of luck man.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So Patreon is now experts in alien physiology.
What about Fae characters? Fairies can be petite while being older than old.
Seriously why doesn't Patreon either ban adult subjects or fire the closet pervert in charge of boob monitoring.

Comcast has initiated new internet provider terms in January. A Comcast customer gets 1.2 terrabytes a month if you go over then it's $10 for every 50 gigabytes. Don't look for help from D.C.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
So Patreon is now experts in alien physiology.
What about Fae characters? Fairies can be petite while being older than old.
Seriously why doesn't Patreon either ban adult subjects or fire the closet pervert in charge of boob monitoring.

Comcast has initiated new internet provider terms in January. A Comcast customer gets 1.2 terrabytes a month if you go over then it's $10 for every 50 gigabytes. Don't look for help from D.C.
i know, right? i was really angry through the whole process, which is why i had to take a break or i'd just ragequit patreon and maybe that's not the best way to go just yet. like some devs, i'd like to do big things (not talking boobs). i have a lot of ideas for future games, and can't do them without funding.

i was really annoyed because i understand the concept of keeping things "adult", but you can't just lump every small boobed character in as a child for whatever monkey reason. especially when the art style isn't realistic. take things in context.

meanwhile, summertime saga has 26 thousand patreon subs. and how many games set in high schools are there? go figure.

Reactions: ronan333

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Thanks for the reply, and the openess. Developing anything has got to be frustrating, but solo with only fan support... yeah I cannot imagine. Personally I love your writing and don't care if Penny's boobs are big or small (have always preferred natural proportions). If it came down to having to compromise, I would rather have your game to play with larger boob characters, than no game with smaller boob characters. Still, you have to live with your decision more than anyone, so do what you think is best. Even if you "go big", I imagine you'll keep them more to the realistic end of the spectrum than not. Best of luck man.
ta. i always try to be transparent with everyone. it saves grief and unrealistic expectations.

thankfully, i have a lot of ideas and nothing is wasted. and it's not like i just downed tools. still working hard on a new thing (which won't be an ongoing story, i don't think. it might have sequels, but won't be an ongoing thing. it's just a time-filler so i can learn some new coding techniques).

Reactions: Nopenopeno

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well your Penny story has a lot of potential. The important thing is to have a direction, an overarching plot that runs through the story. If not you end up like the show LOST. Ironically Futurama was good at having a plot that all of the subplots fed into by the end.

I guess a way to make Patreon happy is to have Penny go to the Planet Boobus Maximus.
It's next to Biggus Dickus, and Incontinentia Buttocks.

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017

I am sorry to hear that because udders are only needed by cows and small breasts are so sexy and sweet.
Good luck with your work (y), but please do not increase what you must more than necessary. ;)

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Maybe post test image of Penny with big knockers. Just so we could evaluate the difference.
Completely for objective review you understand.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes