• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.
Jan 16, 2020
Well I'm totally fucked, any way to combat this? like wipe my entire laptop or some shit
attention: all version of this tlb has a very powerfull virus inside, its a trojan virus, here the proof in the screen below. i cheacked all versions from 0.12 to this one and all version of the executable in every site i tryed has this trojan. i've warned you: unless you have a very powerfull av like the kaspersky you'll get hacked and fucked in no time, the trojan manipulates 3 files and open a backdoor to the listener. i wrote in other 3d, a fool has denied all but the evidence is irrefutable. don't listen to the babbler that will talk you about a false positive: the kaspersky took 5 minuts on my pc to clean all the mess. i've warned you: forewarned is forearmed.

proof:

View attachment 1287740

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
Defender not giving any warnings and Kasperky has a history of false positives and behaving like a virus itself. If there's a trojan virus then more people than you and that shitty Kaspersky should have noticed by now. I doubt the dev would put virus into his own game, some uploader maybe but not the dev, more to loose than gain from doing stupid things like that.

Dec 13, 2019
Defender not giving any warnings and Kasperky has a history of false positives and behaving like a virus itself. If there's a trojan virus then more people than you and that shitty Kaspersky should have noticed by now. I doubt the dev would put virus into his own game, some uploader maybe but not the dev, more to loose than gain from doing stupid things like that.
windows defender is a trash av, it's easier to pierce it than a can of beans. i already talked about it in other 3d: some idiot/idiots has infected viktor work, fact is: the virus is presentin all versions from 0.12 to latestes. it took 5 ours to me to do all research, 5 ours i could spent for me and instead i spent for him and you all. my research is not completed: that idiot/idiots that infected his work could had infected even the patreon version; i was a happy patreon but when my financial state changed i was forced to leave him and i have no way to cheack his patreon version now, it could be infected at same way. look the other 3d in wich i wrote: the virus is exactly the same, so the same person/people did the mess. the evidence is there, i've warned you, don't even try babbling with the "false positive" crap: the virus manipulates 3 files and the kaspersky operates againt it, the norton 360 av did exactly the same, the evedence is there. putting virus is a federal crime and it goes into criminal law, who defends the virus by talking about false positives is as condemnable as whoever put it. I have done more than I had to do: my free time for everyone. now do what you want, but don't even try to babble about the "false positive" crap: next time I'll think twice before being so generous. and soi'm told.

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
the virus manipulates 3 files and the kaspersky operates againt it
Which files then? If you did research work, put details. Not just words.

Not last version but:

Last edited:

Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
I ran the f-secure virus scan and... it turned up nothing. Nada. Nichts. Rien.
My guess is that the people who reported this are getting some kind of false alert due to faulty detection programs.

Viktor Black

Developer of The Last Barbarian game
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
I only use Defender, and I only pressed Esc then it froze. Is there an auto-save of some kind?
I literally just clicked Continue after installing the game, got up, moved around 15 seconds, pressed Esc and it happened
What's version you played before?

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
Okay, the first trial in Purgatory it does not let me pass no matter what options I choose. What am I missing?

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
windows defender is a trash av, it's easier to pierce it than a can of beans. i already talked about it in other 3d: some
Trash based on what evidence? Ever tried scanning a known infected file with your magic Norton/Kasperspy vs others and made real judgement for yourself? I doubt it.

it took 5 ours to me to do all research, 5 ours i could spent for me and instead i spent for him and you all. my research is not
And in this five hours of research what did you find? Your not actually saying anything

the virus manipulates 3 files and the kaspersky operates againt it, the norton 360 av did exactly the same, the evedence is there. putting virus is a federal crime and it goes into criminal law, who defends the virus by talking about false positives is as condemnable as whoever put it. I have done more than I had to do: my free time for everyone. now do what you want, but don't even try to babble about the "false positive" crap: next time I'll think twice before being so generous. and soi'm told.
No, there is no evidence there. What 3 files? What changes?

And yet my scans show nothing, other peoples scans show nothing, external sites like VirusTotal (who use Kasperspy, provided by Kasperspy) show nothing, did it ever occur to you that your one whos infected?

Viktor Black

Developer of The Last Barbarian game
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
windows defender is a trash av, it's easier to pierce it than a can of beans. i already talked about it in other 3d: some idiot/idiots has infected viktor work, fact is: the virus is presentin all versions from 0.12 to latestes. it took 5 ours to me to do all research, 5 ours i could spent for me and instead i spent for him and you all. my research is not completed: that idiot/idiots that infected his work could had infected even the patreon version; i was a happy patreon but when my financial state changed i was forced to leave him and i have no way to cheack his patreon version now, it could be infected at same way. look the other 3d in wich i wrote: the virus is exactly the same, so the same person/people did the mess. the evidence is there, i've warned you, don't even try babbling with the "false positive" crap: the virus manipulates 3 files and the kaspersky operates againt it, the norton 360 av did exactly the same, the evedence is there. putting virus is a federal crime and it goes into criminal law, who defends the virus by talking about false positives is as condemnable as whoever put it. I have done more than I had to do: my free time for everyone. now do what you want, but don't even try to babble about the "false positive" crap: next time I'll think twice before being so generous. and soi'm told.
To make it clear. Here is an article on Kaspersky website about false positive trojans.

I sent The Last Barbarian.exe file via form here:

NO THREATS DETECTED.

May we finally close this theme and discuss the game?

P.S. I have family vacation next 10 days, and will try to contact Kaspersky about this case when I come back

Last edited:

docsteel

Aug 20, 2017
check the statue) It has the answer to the riddle
Yeah, I did that and even though the statue was covering its eyes it still failed me when I chose to hide in the grass. That happened twice. On the third time it worked. *shrug*

elcid

Jun 5, 2017
hey, i seem to have a problem, when i go to the bee'h dimension, i don't get the option to talk about burgild, even though i already have the egg, healed torus and spoke to the witch about the memory lapses, anyone can help?

demondarkus

Sep 25, 2020
Can someone tell me what to do? The game closes after i press "New game" and when i restart and press "Continue" game starts but closes after 1 min...

Grigory

Jan 22, 2018
Who knows how you can turn into a succubus and then I don't catch up?
From changelog 0.9.12:
"Do you remember the location of the Nightmare? This location is now called Purgatory and has a very important narrative sense. If you fail the colored crystal challenge, the barbarian will transform into a succubus and be returned to the mortal world."

3.90 star(s) 53 Votes