Laezel

Jun 5, 2019
on my patreon :cool:
its not fixed, even with the patch. I guess its a fix for players who didnt do it yet, we still need to start a new game.

In other words, if you did finish that quest before the patch was live, your save is corrupted.

Last edited:

Viktor Black

Developer of The Last Barbarian game
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
its not fixed, even with the patch. I guess its a fix for players who didnt do it yet, we still need to start a new game.

In other words, if you did finish that quest before the patch was live, your save is corrupted.
that's why I'm rebuilding the quest save systems from the scratch

Dec 13, 2019
tryed this game at version 0.9.26 and it crashes after the start every time i press the esc button... has someone found some sort of workaround to fix this iusse?

Laezel

Jun 5, 2019
so, should we wait for that update or should we just start a new game and replay everything?
I had the hopes that one patch can fix it but if it doesnt work and the rebuilding takes longer i dont mind restarting the game the fourth time.

Dec 13, 2019
i tryed a new game and game crashes to desktop... i guess we'll need a new patch fo this game.

wait! i found a workaround! simply set the game compatible to win 7 and it will run, then restart game with a fresh new start and all iusses will go. nice! i missed this wonderfull game!

Last edited:

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
that is a good news because the save system in this game sucks!
And it is the main reason why I do not play Barbarian often.

I'm a mac user and i have found a way to save the body preferences... and some other things

It is a pain to starting the game from the beginning
so since the save system will not be good I will never buy it on Patreon :cool:

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
that is a good news because the save system in this game sucks!
And it is the main reason why I do not play Barbarian often.

I'm a mac user and i have found a way to save the body preferences... and some other things

It is a pain to starting the game from the beginning
so since the save system will not be good I will never buy it on Patreon :cool:
Rebuilding the save system also means having some small additional ways to do quests.

Laezel

Jun 5, 2019
Rebuilding the save system also means having some small additional ways to do quests.
I made the fix work, i just took the save files out of the save directory, pressed new game, and put the old save files back in. (After pressing new game and restarting the game) now i have the progress and still can play.

So if anyone else has the quickfix build, thats how you can do it to make the game working again.

Reactions: Viktor Black

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
The big problem in the save system is that if I have to stop play the game during a scene.... when I open the game again the game opening a different location and a different scene.

Just for remain in Unity engine save, system games like "the spellbook" or even "My Wife a Star" have very well made save engine that allow the player to do multiple saves and follow multiple routes.

I hope you will be able to fix this.

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
The big problem in the save system is that if I have to stop play the game during a scene.... when I open the game again the game opening a different location and a different scene.

Just for remain in Unity engine save, system games like "the spellbook" or even "My Wife a Star" have very well made save engine that allow the player to do multiple saves and follow multiple routes.

I hope you will be able to fix this.
I know this. And I working on this. This is the "curse" of the "content first" development approach

Reactions: Quiet Naughty
May 4, 2020
How extensive is the pregnancy system? A lot of this seems awesome but before I dive into the game, I'd love to hear some thoughts. Lots of trash games have been recommended to me and I give them a few hours (wasted time) before realizing the feature I was there for is shit lol.

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
I know this. And I working on this. This is the "curse" of the "content first" development approach
you "content first" is an error
You can't fill your home with tons of content without first building doors, windows and foundation.
I think a good save system can also help you for better and fast content development

I really do not think that saving requires that much time at the start of developing a game
save system is the first thing that must work for create contents....

THERE IS A REAL RISK THAT YOU will never be able to solve this problem without rewrite evrything
the worst problem for any artist is rewriting the content already developed due to the BIG MISTKE create by your statement the "curse" of the "content first" development approach

Last edited:

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
you "content first" is an error
You can't fill your home with tons of content without first building doors, windows and foundation.
I think a good save system can also help you for better and fast content development

I really do not think that saving requires that much time at the start of developing a game
save system is the first thing that must work for create contents....

THERE IS A REAL RISK THAT YOU will never be able to solve this problem without rewrite evrything
the worst problem for any artist is rewriting the content already developed due to the BIG MISTKE create by your statement the "curse" of the "content first" development approach
When I started developing of this game, I lacked knowledge of Unity. Literally, I learned Unity using this project.
I don't need to rewrite everything. I need to check every scene and replace it with the new save system.
Also, it helps to have the fresh look on existing content, replace and edit quests, get rid of unnecessary dialogues, etc.

I planned to make a short hack-and-slash game with adult animations. But now, thanks to community suggestions and discussion, I have a big story with many routes. So one of the general challenges for me is making this story consistent and understandable for everyone.

Anyway, I've already had the priceless experience, which I'm gonna use on the next project

Viktor Black

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
How extensive is the pregnancy system? A lot of this seems awesome but before I dive into the game, I'd love to hear some thoughts. Lots of trash games have been recommended to me and I give them a few hours (wasted time) before realizing the feature I was there for is shit lol.
get pregnant. pregnancy develops in realtime and affects her movement. lay eggs. (no real fetus in the game due Patreon restrictions)
her pregnancy cycle updates in realtime
during pregnancy and after she lactates. she may drain herself by pressing "L"

Reactions: RonaldMcDonald69

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
I need to check every scene and replace it with the new save system.
So you have to rewrite the code in ALL SCENES!
I think if you did this at the start the code would be auto included....

I'm not a game developer but programming is almost the same

I think it will be a big big work... much bigger is the game much bigger will be to job for creating a different SAVE SYSTEM in every scene and path!

In any case your game is awesome!

4.00 star(s) 54 Votes