• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
Jun 18, 2019
The game has RTP inside, hence it should work without you installing it as well, but seems you tried both ways. Still thinking how I can help.
Have a small breakthrought with the crash on start and a solution for developers only (sadly).

It looks like a race condition, some dll or resource is probably needed before it is loaded.

Solution for devs(.net): Make a simple console app template in VS2022, start the Game as process from code and run the console app in debug, the game suddenly starts without any issues (also not using a Locale emulator). VS debug mode probably make it a little bit slower or loads some needed resources. Sadly this solution does not work without debug mode or via batch script.

Pretty hard issue to solve, no info in event log, no file logs and cannot even debug process because it works in debug.

Spinxas

Apr 7, 2019
Have a small breakthrought with the crash on start and a solution for developers only (sadly).

It looks like a race condition, some dll is probably needed before it is loaded.

Solution for devs(.net): Make a simple console app template in VS2022, start the Game as process from code and run the console app in debug, the game suddenly starts without any issues (also not using a Locale emulator). VS debug mode probably make it a little bit slower or loads some needed resources. Sadly this solution does not work without debug mode or via batch script.

Pretty hard issue to solve, no info in event log, no file logs and cannot even debug process because it works in debug.
I strongly believe that it's environment issue.
Used my wifes laptop, where she has nothing installed and downloaded the zipped game. It launched just fine as the game has RTP shipped with it. After getting to the scene where Demon King appears it errored out as it tried to load voice acting, hence just installed Locale Emulator and that fixed the issue and could play the game.
Tried using virtual box, again no issues.

I believe the problem is by having something on PC that is interfering with the game. Either old RTP installed, registry corrupted or some other weird issue, as the game should start without needing anything beforehand.

saror

Jan 31, 2018
First, thank you for your work.

Second, bugfix 2 fixed circus and peeping for me, so that's cool.

Third, getting crash at the demon castle after rescuing priscilla.

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
First, thank you for your work.

Second, bugfix 2 fixed circus and peeping for me, so that's cool.

Third, getting crash at the demon castle after rescuing priscilla.
And Number 3 incoming! He'll probably need your save... It's back on Page 6 where Number 1 was!

OniKuro

May 31, 2017
another bug after liberating the elf in the demon castle
1675034810777.png

closer save point

edit: nvm after post it i see the bug was already posted :c

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
And its done :D Number 3 should fix that issue. Same location where previous bugfix was.
LOL I downloaded that file 3 times now! I haven't touched the game beyond getting out of the castle just out of fear that these things would happen to me. I'll be patient and see more of this lol!

DraikSpectre

Jul 19, 2018
Well, I got annoyed enough to get my VirtualBox working again (it's been broken since I replaced my hard drives) and the game works in it, so problem solved...I guess. Still kind of annoying I can only operate it in that, but oh well.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Xyz665 and Spinxas

Spinxas

Apr 7, 2019
Well, I got annoyed enough to get my VirtualBox working again (it's been broken since I replaced my hard drives) and the game works in it, so problem solved...I guess. Still kind of annoying I can only operate it in that, but oh well.
Very glad to hear that! As I suspect it's environment issue. Some people have something installed that is causing this, but I have no clue how to debug that as it could be any possibility.

DraikSpectre

Jul 19, 2018
Ugh. Well the game launches, but now I get that bug when the Demon Lord appears for the first time. My VB is running Japanese locale and has the Japanese keyboard set up, so I have no idea what I can do to fix it.

EDIT: Despite the locale and language being set up, and the name of the readme displays in Japanese characters, the contents of the file does not. Not...really sure what's going on there. The readme is in a shared folder between my PC and emulator, and if I view it from the PC side, it's just fine, too.

Last edited:

Spinxas

Apr 7, 2019
Ugh. Well the game launches, but now I get that bug when the Demon Lord appears for the first time. My VB is running Japanese locale and has the Japanese keyboard set up, so I have no idea what I can do to fix it.
Use Locale Emulator as described by me (installing and then right clicking on game to launch in Japanese). That should definitely fix that.

DraikSpectre

Jul 19, 2018
Use Locale Emulator as described by me (installing and then right clicking on game to launch in Japanese). That should definitely fix that.
Gotcha, that worked. I had thought that was an alternative to simply setting the locale to Japan, not a bug fix that would correct the problem even if the locale is already Japan.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes