2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

joe nemo

May 6, 2018
It looks like both Xaljio and Latissa posted something regarding this "Soon" update about 23 hours ago-ish (assuming Patreon is auto-converting the timestamp on the posts to my local time). Anyone got the hookup to reveal the newest stall tactic?
They will soon come out with a bug hunt version that is missing elements, then dribble additional content in as they are releasing patch versions. The final release will be another six weeks of patches, tweaks and additions.

mrsherb3rt

Apr 24, 2017
I bit the bullet and coughed up a dollar to see for myself. This is the post from about 26 hours ago, for anyone who is curious:

"Hi friends!
Now is the right moment to turn on our Honolulu time zone. In general, the release is almost ready.
However, first of all, during the last testing we found some unpleasant bugs. Secondly, a part of the translated quest named "Beauty under the Beast" (^__^) we received only today.
This is not the translator's fault; on the contrary, he translated text very quickly. Unfortunately, we in our bustle missed this point, and late sent the text for translation.
Additionally, we still need to get some sleep before the very final spurt. In general, LS 0.97 will be released within next couple of days. There is just a little more to wait, so stay in touch!"

So it looks like the most recent delay is "a couple of days" above the last delay promising the update within the first week of June. I wish I could say I'm surprised. I'm a software engineer by trade and I've been prodding around the game using the RenPy developer command console for the last few versions and I can see signs of the games un-maintainability. Its no wonder they run into surprise bug after surprise bug (ignoring that "we found new bugs" is most certainly a cop-out to delay content release dates), I shudder to imagine what their Python files look like on the developer side.

ItsFreeTime

Dec 8, 2020
Sad for your lost dollar, glad its to share this bullshit.

And ye, giving out deadlines under the premise of "if everything works as we planned" would work sometimes a few months. But after years, knowing you will not be able to achieve it, and knowing something will probly go wrong, its plainly milking.
They should know they are not the best programers, and they are doing this while keeping a job I guess. So ye, no saving from high quality bullshit, thats what they mainly develop.

Reactions: Sanjimelorine

ItsFreeTime

Dec 8, 2020
Relax guys, the delay was meant as 1 "honolulu week", they have 5 weeks there and 1st one is called week zero. So "first week" there is second here.

Add the fact they got vaccinated and lost 1 normal week, thats almost like 2 honolulu weeks! I see nothing wrong, you guys are just impatient or do not know how to count.

TrueNemesis

Oct 26, 2017
Relax guys, the delay was meant as 1 "honolulu week", they have 5 weeks there and 1st one is called week zero. So "first week" there is second here.

Add the fact they got vaccinated and lost 1 normal week, thats almost like 2 honolulu weeks! I see nothing wrong, you guys are just impatient or do not know how to count.
.... this must be a troll post... they do this kind of thing every single time!

Every thing they say is a excuse, they could man up and say "its done when its done" but then they would lose patreons so always wait and then at the deadline they say "we need more time" and this stupid honolulu time, do you even understand why they say honolulu time, if not please just be silent.

Reactions: mordikay007

ItsFreeTime

Dec 8, 2020
.... this must be a troll post... they do this kind of thing every single time!

Every thing they say is a excuse, they could man up and say "its done when its done" but then they would lose patreons so always wait and then at the deadline they say "we need more time" and this stupid honolulu time, do you even understand why they say honolulu time, if not please just be silent.
Not sure if you know, but in Honolulu days have 40 hours each. Thats extra 16 hours, so a week here is 168 hours, while there you have 280 hours! They are working non-stop around 20 hours a Honolulu day for us plebs, and we only give them hate.

When they say "1 week" or "1 month", you need to count that. A week in Honolulu is 11,6 days, while a month is 50 days! Not to mention they only speak Honololian there and is almost impossible to find a decent traductor. Imagine looking for a Honololian that speaks russian AND english, not only hard but very expensive. They need more patreons.

They never failed their release date, they are just victims of an oppresive time zone, and all we do is bully them. You should focus your anger on Honolulu government, leave hard working and respectable people like Latissa alone.

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
There is a huge difference between lying to supporters about the release and technical difficulties. They said the update was ready, will be ready next day, will be ready next week... 10 days after official HONOLULU (BS!!) relase date...

mrsherb3rt

Apr 24, 2017
I guess I decided to check at the perfect time, as this was posted literally 10 minutes ago:
Hi friends!
Sorry for the delay around the release: unfortunately, I had an additional load on my main job, which I could not refuse. I finished with it today, so LS 0.97 will be published by the end of this week (this time for sure ^__^).
Thanks for your understanding, guys, believe us, we are also very eager for this moment.
With their track record, "by the end of this week" will mean "by the end of a week starting today". Plus you gotta remember, they're programmers so counting the days in a week starts at 0 and somehow still goes to 7. Plus ya know....whatever Honolulu time nonsense they come up with to delay a few precious hours more.

ItsFreeTime

Dec 8, 2020
So unfortunate, but sometimes it is like this! Sure was urgent as she didnt say a thing about it and just finished today. Unlucky it was after last minute touches and Honolulu time was used.

At least im sure the new content will be worth, as they already told us in april that they were working on a big release and wanted an extra month for it.

Cant help all those things happened when the release was 99% ready, keep strong Latissa you have a friend here.

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
So unfortunate, but sometimes it is like this! Sure was urgent as she didnt say a thing about it and just finished today. Unlucky it was after last minute touches and Honolulu time was used.

At least im sure the new content will be worth, as they already told us in april that they were working on a big release and wanted an extra month for it.

Cant help all those things happened when the release was 99% ready, keep strong Latissa you have a friend here.
Nope, they already said its not ready and will split it in half

Supreme_Evil

⸸ БѢСЪ ⸸
Uploader
Oct 16, 2020
You're a fool, if you believe in that bullshit. That happens on regular bases for two years now.

The next post will be: "We watched the game of the Russian national team at Euro 2020, so we didn't have time to fix the final touches."

Vergi|

Apr 19, 2020
Well, nothing new - milking as usual. I was going to subscribe if they'd released the game on the 31st of May, but I knew.

2.50 star(s) 29 Votes