2.50 star(s) 29 Votes

FreetoJoin

Nov 29, 2019
Lets see if anyone dares to white knight them further after this one :ROFLMAO:

At the end of all this trolling only thing they gave was 2 small updates in a year and a half, and its quite obvious the "part 1" thing was just a desperate move.

They just delete their previous words with new ones, so be ready to some "new" things on 29th.

Only thing they release on dead lines are delays! Guess its too hard to be honest.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
I personally think it has less to do with the devs being malicious, but more to do with them being utterly inept when it comes to managing time, the main work points and transparance with their respective community.

Lets see if anyone dares to white knight them further after this one :ROFLMAO:

At the end of all this trolling only thing they gave was 2 small updates in a year and a half, and its quite obvious the "part 1" thing was just a desperate move.

They just delete their previous words with new ones, so be ready to some "new" things on 29th.

Only thing they release on dead lines are delays! Guess its too hard to be honest.
Basically this. The delaying with the whole thing being broken down into parts was basically them going "look, here is some progress so we are working on it." despite the fact that what has been worked on amounts to a couple backdrops, posing and appropriate expressions and details that all in all make up a handfull of scenes? That amounts to not all that much workhours spent, as the backdrop is static, as is 90% of the characters involved, meaning only small alterations have to be done in the first place. Multiples, sure, but when crunched, it boils down to few changes that many pin-up artists crank out weekly or bi-weekly tops, with bigger resolution and more details to work on.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I might just be) but from what I remember back in v.93 there's been plans already for advances in the actual storyline of belle way into v.95 that even had the appropriate buttons and selectors in place, but were gated off with the info that these will be available in future updates, notably v.95, yet they got sidetracked within nanoseconds to work on side characters and b-stories nobody really asked for.

This all has an auteur whiff to it and is more akin to a pet project being fed with ideas the creator had at the time that seemed reasonable - totally disregarding any focus the game may had - to the point of becoming bloated with ideas strung together in the hopes that many D's will eventually turn into an A.

As a side note, free of charge if you want to stay transparent: Do not set up deadlines by giving out fixed release dates. Do something else, give out sneak peaks, talk about the progress being done, anything but giving out a fixed release date.

I can't stress this any further, but I'm also not sure what they are ultimately trying to accomplish with this? They basically create buzz for a game which releases have been shown multiple times in the past already to not be trusted - neither in date, nor content. If you want to not go radio-silent, kudos for effort. However, by setting up a fixed date, you set up an estimation and anticipation (not to speak of the pressure put onto actually delivering). People will estimate, based on time spent prior and comparable products how much value there'll be and anticipate a product to deliver to said estimates. The problem there lies when the product has to be delayed, or what has been delivered is underperforming. The content presented was exceptionally scarce while the set anticipation was exceptionally high. This will - in the long run - drain any goodwill the devs have gained to the point of having to abandon the project entirely because nobody is even risking to spend a dime on it.
Nobody is going to invest into something when they can't expect a return that is consistent and/or pleasant - that's just how the world works: If you pay for something you expect to receive said something in due time with appropriate quality.

FreetoJoin

Nov 29, 2019
They said that after the "full" release of v0.95, they will give some talk about the future of the game. Or something like that between the lines.

I expect some kind of ultimatum to it tbh, dont think they gonna openly say its over as they still have a bunch of patrons. But maybe they will partially accept that future release would be 1-2 a year.

And about progress of the games, yes, if you look at the description of the game on main post, you will notice:
"The essence of LS is that you can influence on Belle and modify her as you wish. Uncomplaining slave girl wearing a collar and chains, Wicked Queen with a whip, a housewife in apron over her naked body, etc... In general there will be many opportunities and it will be very different."

None of it atm. You dont even have a chance at anything, you are railroaded on it (which is not bad, but... look up).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, the essence of the game is not even developed yet. Call it false promises, call it bad marketing, call it bullshit.

Im sure they actually forgot about what the idea was. If this is ever finished, im sure it would have just 1-2 scenes where you can just change his wear and thats all.

Sometimes is better to remember something as it was, than what could be or is. This game was great, and would keep that if died a year or two ago.

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I can try to the best of my abilities to explain some of the reasons for the delays on behalf of the devs. but still trying to do so as a fan of the game and also a very critical person. I really hate delays myself :|

General:
The team exist of Latissa and Xaljio, where Latissa do the art work for the game and Xaljio do the coding.
The team have normal jobs on the side, so patreon is their alternative form for income and more of a hobby / passion project then anything else.

Reasons for the current "minor" delays:
This game is very complex with combat, a lot of quest and various mechanics that can become really tedious for coding. Currently Xailjio is trying to redo the coding for making it easier for him to add new content in the future.
Xaljio also does coding for other people at the same time.. this "should" not be a problem... except it is when the games he works on comes out around the same date.(Like, Iris Quest Chapter 1 was just released).

The last year, what have the team been doing?:
I do know Latissa had some IRL problems, what exactly I do not know(personal stuff).
Except that, I have no clue... I do know Latissa did a lot of artwork which is ready, but it often comes down to other things then art only. Quest and mechanics have to be done, Dialogues written & translated plus implemented into the game, and for whatever reasons this was not done in a timely manner. Which IMO is a result of poor planning... sadly.
At some point reality hit their faces and it was time for release of 0.95 but the game was not done, and here we are now waiting.

What comes next(After 0.95):
The team will announce smaller patches which should come out per 2-3 months(my suggestion not sure what they will pick)
Most important thing for these smaller patches is the team have time for doing them, and not delaying.
They will announce changes to their tier system on patreon. Really poorly setup right now.
And another announcement, will let them explain it when it comes to that and not spoil everything here.

So I can understand people are not happy, I am not happy myself with how this turned out.
And the team knows this, we can only hope they learn from their mistakes and will try to improve going forward.

qkwjgn005

Jul 16, 2017
I can try to the best of my abilities to explain some of the reasons for the delays on behalf of the devs. but still trying to do so as a fan of the game and also a very critical person. I really hate delays myself :|

General:
The team exist of Latissa and Xaljio, where Latissa do the art work for the game and Xaljio do the coding.
The team have normal jobs on the side, so patreon is their alternative form for income and more of a hobby / passion project then anything else.

Reasons for the current "minor" delays:
This game is very complex with combat, a lot of quest and various mechanics that can become really tedious for coding. Currently Xailjio is trying to redo the coding for making it easier for him to add new content in the future.
Xaljio also does coding for other people at the same time.. this "should" not be a problem... except it is when the games he works on comes out around the same date.(Like, Iris Quest Chapter 1 was just released).

The last year, what have the team been doing?:
I do know Latissa had some IRL problems, what exactly I do not know(personal stuff).
Except that, I have no clue... I do know Latissa did a lot of artwork which is ready, but it often comes down to other things then art only. Quest and mechanics have to be done, Dialogues written & translated plus implemented into the game, and for whatever reasons this was not done in a timely manner. Which IMO is a result of poor planning... sadly.
At some point reality hit their faces and it was time for release of 0.95 but the game was not done, and here we are now waiting.

What comes next(After 0.95):
The team will announce smaller patches which should come out per 2-3 months(my suggestion not sure what they will pick)
Most important thing for these smaller patches is the team have time for doing them, and not delaying.
They will announce changes to their tier system on patreon. Really poorly setup right now.
And another announcement, will let them explain it when it comes to that and not spoil everything here.

So I can understand people are not happy, I am not happy myself with how this turned out.
And the team knows this, we can only hope they learn from their mistakes and will try to improve going forward.
At some point reality hit their faces = become lazy

TheGremlin21

Sep 19, 2018

Hi friends!
The release of the first chapter of Iris Quest (including bonus materials) took place, I hope you like the result. We put a lot of time and effort into it, but it was clearly worth it. And we are not going to stop (for example, at the last skype conference we discussed the list of changes for the battle-system in the quantity of... 14(!) points. Not all of them will go to work, but still this is an impressive amount of innovations).
But now we will talk about 'The Library Story'. For a while I had to focus on IQ, but now I continue working with full force on the release of LS 0.95. At the moment, Latissa has already completed work on art materials for LS 0.95 (and is already preparing content for the next releases), so the timing problem at the moment is entirely my fault.
I was sure that we would be able to release LS 0.95 before the end of April... But there was much more work on IQ than I planned. In addition, in April I had to carry out a large task on the main work, for which I spent much time.
At the moment, a lot of work has been done for 0.95. But unfortunately, not everything is ready. For example, I had to write a couple of important texts that are of great importance for LS plot and it is simply impossible to release this version without them. I planned to do this twenty days ago... I finished one of them yesterday morning, having drunk tons of coffee. The second one is only half ready (I plan to finish it tomorrow, having finished the remaining supplies of coffee. After that I will definitely have to make a trip to the store, so wish me luck).
In general, we are forced to postpone the release dates again. No, no months or anything like that. I think we should make all work within ten or twelve days. But taking into account our not always successful experience with setting deadlines, let's do the following - in a week we will see how much work will be done, after which we announce the exact date.
Thank you for your understanding, friends, we continue to work in full force. Stay connected and take care!

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Here is the similar update from Latissa, with some extra explanation:

Hi friends!
Here are 'some words about LS 095' (not some obviously, ofc, but anyway) written by Xaljio, and why 095 should be postponed on the middle of May:

The release of the first chapter of Iris Quet (including bonus materials) took place, I hope you like the result. We put a lot of time and effort into it, but it was clearly worth it. And we are not going to stop (for example, at the last skype conference we discussed the list of changes for the battle-system in the quantity of ... 14 (!) points. Not all of them will go to work, but still this is an impressive amount of innovations).
But now we will talk about 'The Library Story'. For a while I had to focus on IQ, but now I continue working with full force on the release of LS 0.95. At the moment, Latissa has already completed work on art materials for LS 0.95 (and is already preparing content for the next releases), so the timing problem at the moment is entirely my fault
I was sure that we would be able to release LS 0.95 before the end of April ... But there was much more work on IQ than I planned. In addition, in April I had to carry out a large task on the main work, for which I spent much time.
At the moment, a lot of work has been done for 0.95. But unfortunately, not everything is ready. For example, I had to write a couple of important texts that are of great importance for LS plot and it is simply impossible to release this version without them. I planned to do this twenty days ago ... I finished one of them yesterday morning, having drunk tons of coffee. The second one is only half ready (I plan to finish it tomorrow, having finished the remaining supplies of coffee. After that I will definitely have to make a trip to the store, so wish me luck).
In general, we are forced to postpone the release dates again. No, no months or anything like that. I think we should make all work within ten or twelve days. But taking into account our not always successful experience with setting deadlines, let's do the following - in a week we will see how much work will be done, after which we announce the exact date.
Thank you for your understanding, friends, we continue to work in full force. Stay connected and take care!

Sorry for such a short message, but it's all can be told for now.
Can add that all art is already prepared, and not too much work left to be done on LS (in my estimation: finish writing 2 texts, adding remained quests into the game + testing 095). Problems with translation are solved at the moment.
Hope you won't be too frustrated because of this situation. In general, game-development is quite time-consuming activity :-/
Thanx for your understanding and patience guys! Stay tuned and wait for the full 095. Can assure there will be many interesting things for you there ^^

pntgup8rha7w

Dec 3, 2017
Seriously? The author only now realized that he does not have time? Not a few weeks, but right in the morning - he got up, looked at what was left of him not done and - well, okay, I'll write a post on the patreon...
It makes me crazy! And the fact that he makes news only for patrons...

Apr 10, 2020
There really ought to be some sort of hall of shame for developers who repeatedly break promises. A sort of caveat emptor, or user beware.

Anyway, recommend you check out Annie's School Days, or Long Live the Princess.

Reactions: anuragk
2.50 star(s) 29 Votes