Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
You are getting quite consistently good lighting. Kudos, the render looks AWESOME. The facial expression is on point, the glasses detail a MUST.

Well done!!
Thanks. That is one of my favorite renders in chapter 7.

Lighting is still a big pain point. There are a lot of low-light scenes in chapter 7 so be prepared. I did have a really difficult time in one scene, though. In that scene the light is horrible, but it makes sense for it to be bad or limited considering what is going on in the location or I should say what the location is used for.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Thanks, glad you are enjoying it so far. Still a lot of story to go. Chapter 7 should be out in December.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Slick Bean

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
I just started playing this game but that poker game at the beginning seems a bit shit. 6 people are paying into the pot and the winner only takes 1/4 of the pot? That's only a little more than what they bought in with, it seems like a huge gamble for very little reward. And then it's broken up by the police and they have to leave their money there? Has no one seen The Hustle? I'll try playing it again later...

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I just started playing this game but that poker game at the beginning seems a bit shit. 6 people are paying into the pot and the winner only takes 1/4 of the pot? That's only a little more than what they bought in with, it seems like a huge gamble for very little reward. And then it's broken up by the police and they have to leave their money there? Has no one seen The Hustle? I'll try playing it again later...
House taking a huge rake ain't they?

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Not that it really matters much but the winner gets a percentage of the pot and a seat at the table in the next round. The rest of the money goes into the next phase of the tournament. It is explained how that works but it is not important, the poker game is just a way to meet Diamonds.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Today is the one-year anniversary of the first release of "The List" I wanted to take a moment and recognize the fact that this project is a year old. This day also marks the 2nd year anniversary of the Death of my Friend TKA whom I created a character to honor his memory. I miss you buddy and wish you could have seen this project come to life.

Small status on Chapter 7 update. The renders are done and the coding should be completed today. I still need to get it sent to my proofreader and then my testing team. Once that is done the update will be released.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
The proofreader is working on all 7 chapters of the VN, as soon as they are done I will do another quick test to make sure the coding is still right then publish the update here. Hopefully, this will be soon. In the meantime, I come bearing a small gift with a promise of more to come soon.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Ok, well, this is much later than I wanted to get this out, but GPU/PSU issues caused many problems. I am replacing the PSU after Christmas, and hopefully, that fixes the problems. I apologize for the small amount of animations in this chapter I just kept getting signal loss issues when I tried to render them.

So what should you expect in this update? Well, I got a proofreader who went back and adjusted some grammar issues in chapters 1-4 and 7. Some changes in chapter 6 too but those are just some of the grammar things. The proofreader will get to chapters 5 and 6 maybe next time, but again it is only grammar issues that were adjusted. For chapter 7 there are 658 new renders and 2 animations.

I uploaded links to Mega and Pixeldrain on the main page, the rest will be updated by the wonderful mods here on F95 when they have a chance.

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes