catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
im a few chapters behind and still havent had time to playthrough to 7. yes /no please (has the reason for his family turning on him ben explained/answered in any way yet ? the little tid-bit has been bugging me since the start. hopping to get away from work in time to play this weekend but if i knew that the reason for their treatment of MC id make time ....sleep be damned lol.
It has not been explained, yet.
I have just played through it again, making notes (I'm that sad - sorry). My (current) theory is that his family were actually protecting him in some way.
Trying to avoid spoilers (dunno where you are in the story) - somebody does something and then somebody else tells you something that should let you know that your family are far from normal. (vague enough? :cool:). Once you learn those things go back and review the home invasion scene. When your father said "spare my wife and daughter" was it a lack of caring or was he shielding you? When he shouted "run" was he talking to your mother and sister, or did he know you were there and was referring to you?
A page or two ago someone suggested that your sister betrayed the family and was trying to get you killed. I think the opposite is true and that she has been watching over you all this time, she always seems to know exactly where you are - she was in the park on your first day out of hospital, in your apartment block the day Lily left, in Maddison's gym, and a couple of other places (won't say as I don't know how far along you are) if she wanted you dead you would already be pushing up daisies.
Of course, i could easily be wide of the mark and the next update will prove me wrong, but half the fun of these games lies in the speculating.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
im a few chapters behind and still havent had time to playthrough to 7. yes /no please (has the reason for his family turning on him ben explained/answered in any way yet ? the little tid-bit has been bugging me since the start. hopping to get away from work in time to play this weekend but if i knew that the reason for their treatment of MC id make time ....sleep be damned lol.
There are some hints but the reason is not 100% clear yet. I promise you will learn the reason by the end of the first book (13 total chapters for book 1). I have placed quite a few clues in the story so far, which should help figure some things out.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I have just played through it again, making notes (I'm that sad - sorry). My (current) theory is that his family were actually protecting him in some way.
Trying to avoid spoilers (dunno where you are in the story) - somebody does something and then somebody else tells you something that should let you know that your family are far from normal. (vague enough? :cool:). Once you learn those things go back and review the home invasion scene. When your father said "spare my wife and daughter" was it a lack of caring or was he shielding you? When he shouted "run" was he talking to your mother and sister, or did he know you were there and was referring to you?
A page or two ago someone suggested that your sister betrayed the family and was trying to get you killed. I think the opposite is true and that she has been watching over you all this time, she always seems to know exactly where you are - she was in the park on your first day out of hospital, in your apartment block the day Lily left, in Maddison's gym, and a couple of other places (won't say as I don't know how far along you are) if she wanted you dead you would already be pushing up daisies.
Of course, i could easily be wide of the mark and the next update will prove me wrong, but half the fun of these games lies in the speculating.
As a player who loves to theory-craft, it brings me a lot of joy to hear someone is taking notes on my VN.

However, I will say there are a few characters with pink hair in the game, just to keep you all on your toes. I also did confirm that the girl in the park with the pink hair is not the MC's sister.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tornasunder4994

Oct 29, 2021
i completely agree on theorizing on the stories (main reason i enjoy VN's) yet abandonment by a family always naws at me for personal reasons even in stories and films (close to home i suppose).for example the dev that ended Excluded without resolve should pray we never meet irl lol.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Happy Holidays everyone. Thank you to everyone who posted positive comments or just enjoyed the VN so far. I appreciate the feedback from everyone and look forward to making the second half of the VN this upcoming year. Hopefully everyone has a great holiday. Teasers for chapter 8 will start up again Monday or Tuesday depending on how the holidays go for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
MC needs all the help he can get ... all throughout this game already, he had a nurse and cook, a personal trainer, Kelly, the boxing twins, the client lending him the books, what else?

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
MC needs all the help he can get ... all throughout this game already, he had a nurse and cook, a personal trainer, Kelly, the boxing twins, the client lending him the books, what else?
It's a long journey to go from Zero to Hero. MC needs a lot of help to get where he needs to be, natural instinct and power may not always help.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HornyyPussy

tongee

Sep 17, 2017
Thank you I have updated that it is Ellie and Paige talking. Somehow their placeholder got removed.
Are the download links updated? I attempted to download the zip but am having issues with the same error message. My assumption is that my save I am loading from is not causing the issue still, but not 100% sure.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Are the download links updated? I attempted to download the zip but am having issues with the same error message. My assumption is that my save I am loading from is not causing the issue still, but not 100% sure.
Chapter 7 links were added already. I personally updated the pixeldrain links. The others are updated by the mods here.

Raoddik

Oct 11, 2021
Damn, didn't realize that not being able to change MC name is such turn off for me, you live you learn I guess... hope that mod will be updated at some point. :D

tongee

Sep 17, 2017
Chapter 7 links were added already. I personally updated the pixeldrain links. The others are updated by the mods here.
I downloaded from pixeldrain twice. Once after I read that you had updated the files. It didn't seem to make a difference to me. I am still getting stuck on that error message. Could it be my save file? If thats the issue, I will slog through it again, but I am thinking its not.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
You can try a roll back if it will let you. I know that happens sometimes to me in other games.

Astrocreep137

Aug 3, 2022
I downloaded from pixeldrain twice. Once after I read that you had updated the files. It didn't seem to make a difference to me. I am still getting stuck on that error message. Could it be my save file? If thats the issue, I will slog through it again, but I am thinking its not.
You could also try loading an earlier auto-save? Sometimes that works too if you saved too close to the end render.

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes