WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I DON'T SEE MIND CONTROL ON THIS GAME
Like Uncle Loco stated number of posting above or previous page. If you are kind of user who breeze or skim-through the AVN, and only check out the graphics/animation work, you may have missed out some key points during the characters and narrators comments/communication.

I believe Alexis use mind control (not once, she used it number of times) in Chapter one and two, She will also admit it to MC in Chapter two or three about that and her reason why.

There been number of hints in the captions that reference for past, current, and future chapters as well it may not be in this AVN, possible in future AVN series. Believe me, I been talking to Uncle Loco number of times. He had surprise me with some of the things (after I completed certain chapter), which had made me go back and review again and try to figure why I may have missed those.

Hopefully you may be able to trace back to understand how you may have missed the "Mind Control" event/communication.

Additional comment, please re-frame using all caps if possible, reason is that it means yelling or screaming for people who are hearing impaired and also it show rudeness.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

Reactions: divingmedic

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Checked the thread and it has been mentioned before but the Harem tracker still fails with "Grid not completely full"

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I used to rename certain characters in other AVN, however when it time to discuss it on F95, discord, or other forums/chat it can get a little complicated to reference who is who. I am not for or against renaming characters. However, noticed that number of AVN ended up allow you to rename MC or few other additional characters that are supported co-MCs. However Since this AVN is first one for Uncle Loco, give him time to determine if he believe renaming character(s) will impact his AVN as well future series he had planned out.

In addition, I pretty much stopped renaming most characters for quite some time. Also for this AVN, I do not rename any or the characters since number of discussions in the forums.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Checked the thread and it has been mentioned before but the Harem tracker still fails with "Grid not completely full"
Last I check the Harem Tracker, it seems to be working just fine for me, maybe you may provide screenshot and point out if any of them you have not selected to allow it to join your harem. Maybe there might be an error. I am sure Uncle Loco may check into it or he can check with someone who had help him with the harem tracker coding.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Lots of comments about the name so I will give you one of the primary reasons, but there are others too. The mc of the list is the primary mc of the world I am building. This world will cover multiple side stories that the mc of "The List" will cross into. Two of these stories will follow a new mc (which those you can rename to whatever you want). Now just to be clear any LI of the mc of the list will remain with him even if they show up in any of the other side stories.

One example I will give is the original plan was to have a side story about TKA and the twins. The story is on hold, but I might revisit it in the future. Which is why the twins are not on the harem tracker.

There are other characters that show up in the. List that are connected to other side stories as well. I may have already dropped hints about this in the game and if you look closely you might have an idea of who I am talking about.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Hmmm. Are you playing the pc, mac or android version? Can you post a screen shot of the error you are getting, or DM me with it. A friend built the code of it for me, so I will need to work with them to address it

I know I have some issues with the tracker in the preview mode in renpy but the final build seems to be working fine other than the fact I keep forgetting to add Sylvia to the tracker. Which will be fixed for chapter 9.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
ive liked this story.. emphasis on STORY for a while but two things still stop me from liking it fully and its slowly gone onto the i'll read it some time later pile.. 1.. the fact we have to use a rename mod everytime we start a new chapter.. this should have been in or added from the start or added by the dev by this point.. and 2 the MC for someone who is SO sought after by women and lusted after the dev chose or created the most ugly rat faced looking protag ive seen in any VN.. its really off putting
Sorry the mc is ugly to you. It's hard to find decent looking male models that aren't over used. However his looks don't necessarily play into the reason the women in the story basically throw themselves at the mc. There is a different reason why that happens. I wonder if it has anything to do with what the mc really is?

As for the name sorry, I have my reasons for it. See a few posts above.

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Hmmm. Are you playing the pc, mac or android version? Can you post a screen shot of the error you are getting, or DM me with it. A friend built the code of it for me, so I will need to work with them to address it

I know I have some issues with the tracker in the preview mode in renpy but the final build seems to be working fine other than the fact I keep forgetting to add Sylvia to the tracker. Which will be fixed for chapter 9.
On Pc: Windows 11 and also on Linux Mint.
Well, I tested the tracker at game start, then at a later point in the game right after the poker game. I'm assuming it fails as it is not yet populated or has not yet been initialized.

My guess is simply an unintended issue that pops up if you click on the View harem button too early.
I clicked it to see if i could get a snapshot of what women would show up in game. Basically taking the temps to see if my type would be there or more of the stereotypical ones.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Oh, guess it's more problematic than I first assumed then.
Possibly.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
Exception: Grid not completely full.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\display\screen.py", line 456, in visit_all
    self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
  [Previous line repeated 5 more times]
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\display\core.py", line 584, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\display\core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "F:\VNs\The List\TheList-UNCLELOCO-0.08\renpy\display\layout.py", line 561, in per_interact
    raise Exception("Grid not completely full.")
Exception: Grid not completely full.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090602
TheList 0.8
Tue Feb 20 14:24:21 2024

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
Oh! Right. It doesn't work. I totally forgot about it. Errors out everytime.
i have not had this issue. opened it when i started this update and showed me that 2 were yet to be included. the girl from the museum i think and another i can't remember her name. all the rest show in harem
just didn't have any exceptions. pc windows 11 compressed.
full download and moved saves folder from 0.7 version

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
i have not had this issue. opened it when i started this update and showed me that 2 were yet to be included. the girl from the museum i think and another i can't remember her name. all the rest show in harem
Just finished chapter 1 now. tested it again and it crashed.

• Wow
Reactions: consumptionist

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Well, that sucks. This is the uncompressed version and that's the issue that I have. But my saves are from May last year. I'll restart and see what happens.

• Thinking Face

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Well, that sucks. This is the uncompressed version and that's the issue that I have. But my saves are from May last year. I'll restart and see what happens.
Last version I tested was full release... (I normally use the crunch compress, I know small number of AVN failed to process with the crunch, compare to full) I will test the crunch edition. I already placed my saved somewhere as back up. Which it should allow me to test it from the beginning. I have to check to see if the harem starts in Chapter one or two. Will post it later tonight when i am testing it. (I will have to delete the cache saves in hidden folder as well)

Last edited:

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019

dunno why. just ran through from the start for first two chapters on the ol' skippy and it is still working.
gremlins? bad download? hexed? SABOTAGE?? tune in next we....er..sorry. brain fart :D

i tend to download compressed versions as once or twice i have hit errors with full downloads that have not been in compressed versions so i always get them if over 1.5 gigatities

sometimes they unwittingly iron out kinks, other times find and sort them. guys here are good at that :)
either way i hope you guys get sorted. nothing worse than hitting exceptions. it's a boner killer ;)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
dunno why. just ran through from the start for first two chapters on the ol' skippy and it is still working.
gremlins? bad download? hexed? SABOTAGE?? tune in next we....er..sorry. brain fart :D

i tend to download compressed versions as once or twice i have hit errors with full downloads that have not been in compressed versions so i always get them if over 1.5 gigatities

sometimes they unwittingly iron out kinks, other times find and sort them. guys here are good at that :)
either way i hope you guys get sorted. nothing worse than hitting exceptions. it's a boner killer ;)
I'm not sweatin it anyway. Don't need it tbf. I play solo paths. If those are no longer part of the game, well that's a bad thing for me. lol

3.50 star(s) 23 Votes