VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
such as behavior of the girls at the pool for example...oh hi new teacher (or whatever is his function there) lets have threesome after class...(wasnt a quote but wasnt rlly far from that...), before mentioned bowl in the car...
also lighting is awful on most of the pictures, models, environment...well pretty much everything needs months of work before they get to the point of being presentable...sorry but compared to the games we see on this forum this looks like someone took free 3ds models and slapped them into some crappy old 3d studio...
Cool, you don't like it that much, don't play it?
Some games on here have $20,000 a month going into them, some people have years of experience, I'm completely new and until the last release was getting less than $10 a month? You really expect me to be at the same level as DmD etc immediately?

I started for the first time even using Daz and Ren'Py in late Feb, I've said many times I'm completely new and learning with every update.

I put my game here and on Patreon for free? So you haven't been charged to play it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you want to say something constructive, cool, I'll listen to it and I take things onboard (for example the wife already has a make-over planned, but she can't suddenly wake up looking different, it makes no sense. I altered the hospital and shooting scenes already because they made no sense originally). I have a list of renders I need to redo because of errors that have been pointed out, but I felt like getting 0.13 out was more important.

If you're just coming here multiple times to say it's shit, well you're entitled to your opinion, but maybe you need to get a hobby?

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
I have a list of renders I need to redo because of errors that have been pointed out, but I felt like getting 0.13 out was more important.
YES. Don't let the nitpickers drag you down into an endless cycle of refining what you have. Keep creating new content until you feel the game is nearly done, then you can polish things until all the little gripes are resolved. My first playthrough, quite a few things jumped out at me (most of the medical and firearms stuff, as I was a combat medic in my pre-retirement life). But that's okay. I'll suspend disbelief. You changed most of that stuff, but I feel you didn't have to. I would have gotten around it. I'm still okay with the noodle bowl in the car thing, although if she spills noodles on my upholstery I'm kicking her ass to the curb, literally.
Make your game, there will be time to refine and please the nitpickers down the road. It's good so far!

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i know this isnt EA...i dont care..my only criteria is"did i get some fun out of playing?" yes i did ..and.."do i want to continue playing?" yes i do..i was once a weapon/item artist on a massive years long ongoing update of jagged alliance 2 1.13..i put some great stuff and some not so great..noone complained because the updates were fun..so i'm totally on board with varying quality as long as fun is to be had

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Personally, I didn't like the action scene. I thought it was difficult to contextualize, especially the wife's perspective. I think that stuff might click eventually (this isn't the first game to use those assets), but for now, it only detracts from the game.

SingerNS

May 30, 2017
i didnt expect EA or DmD, but theres many others who dont have patreons and have way better graphics and they did put way more effort in their game... and if you cant take sincere criticism thats your problem...
fact is your renders are just plain bad...if you expect to have 10-20 thousands from patroens you have to put some actual efforts in renders, render same picture countless times and work your ass off to get good picture, not just slap a bunch of free stock models around...

and its better to refine what you have now, when youre at early stage, than doing this for 6 more months and than abandon the game cause you didnt get the response you expected or realised what amount of work you have ahead of you...
im telling you honestly whats the problem as someone who has a ton of experience in 3D animations you can accept it or dont your choice...

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
i didnt expect EA or DmD, but theres many others who dont have patreons and have way better graphics and they did put way more effort in their game... and if you cant take sincere criticism thats your problem...
I can take criticism fine, you are petty however and offer nothing other than "this is shit" & "your renders are crap" and "you need to put some effort in".

Literally the most pointless "criticism" going, kindly un-watch this thread and go and do something constructive with your life. I couldn't care less about your opinion (and you're the only person I've said that to), that's not me "not taking criticism", that's the fact you behave and talk, and quite clearly are, a bit of a cunt.

Like I said, it's free game, if people like it, they can support it, if they don't like it or don't want to support me, they don't have to.

SingerNS

May 30, 2017
rofl did you even read the whole post, guess not...

maybe, just maybe, the fact that you didn't put enough effort into renders is reason why you don't have as many patreons as you'd like

SingerNS

May 30, 2017
Since you cant seem to understand what im talking about ill just show you...these are some of my renders made in 2005. when i was learning how to... compare it to your renders in 2018... and dont worry with that attitude of an butthurt jerk who got offended cause someone doesn't like his game im sure i wont be playing and of the junk you make cause it just hurts my eyes even watching those lousy renders...

SingerNS

May 30, 2017
@Lorric17 i tried but hes just bitching and insulting without bothering to read the whole comment anyways or trying to understand it for that matter...i posted those pics to show him whats he doing wrong...

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I didn't know you could do that, it's done now, cheers :D
And in other news, I may have been a bit rude about the Wife, but it was late at night, and it was with humour :p

And compared to Hannah, I don't think my comment was a million miles off... :)

So I apologise, but my comment was with heart. Don't be dispirited - I think most of us here wish you luck, and want you to succeed. And don't feel the troll is always good advice.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
And in other news, I may have been a bit rude about the Wife, but it was late at night, and it was with humour :p

And compared to Hannah, I don't think my comment was a million miles off... :)

So I apologise, but my comment was with heart. Don't be dispirited - I think most of us here wish you luck, and want you to succeed. And don't feel the troll is always good advice.
Oh no it's fine it was funny.
I can take criticism, if people don't like something just say I don't mind at all haha

It's just annoying when somebody is coming here and just writing "this games shit", "your renders are shit", "put more effort in" over and over.

The wife was the second thing I ever made in Daz, she does look a bit off and wouldn't look like that if I started over, but I'd rather not throw every scene with her away and start over, I've got plans to change her a bit as the story goes on.

Reactions: Andarilho

Le Taz

Master Of Baguettes
Modder
Donor
Mar 28, 2018
Let's say the wife doesn't have enough appeal to make you take her route as she is now.....
I personally wouldn't take that route anyway but her appearance was a big influence on the top of it.
That said, it's my opinion of her, maybe some will be interested in her, but that's what I think.
Otherwise, the game is progressing well and is becoming more and more interesting.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
This was my planned change for the wife. I think she looks a bit better, not a stunner but she's supposed to be old? newwife1920.jpg

Reactions: Le Taz

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
this is a good example of a good looking milf that isnt too pretty to be normal..
just posting this cause too many games seem to use almost teen looking models as moms..lol

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
This was my planned change for the wife. I think she looks a bit better, not a stunner but she's supposed to be old? [redacted]
Yeah, a lot better. (But how old? 55? 60? Most women dye their hair until the day they die (haha - dye / die?). And I think it would be more 'pleasant' if her cheeks weren't so sunken, IMHO). Now we just have to deal with almost everyone having pubic hair / vaginal stubble *shudder*

IDK about you, but most girls I've *ahem* been with *ahem* are tidy 'down there'. I know some people like hairy girls, but for people like me, can we have some variety? Or just make Hannah neat and clean - she's enough for me :)

Edit: Typo / additional text

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Let's say the wife doesn't have enough appeal to make you take her route as she is now..... *snip*
Yeah, that'd be my worry - I think that by the time she 'changes appearance' almost no one would be on her route.

Perhaps something like a 'flash forward' could be implemented? I don't profess to know how (maybe someone else could chime in?), but something saying "*Cough* She's not going to look like this for long *cough*" before her first appearance? (Looking back, to before my wife's surgery, those burns she suffered from that dropped saucepan of boiling water as a child, really affected her appearance and confidence. Luckily, the same hospital that worked on me also managed to get funding to help her, not long after I was discharged... Something, something, fixed!)

Edit: Spelling error

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
such as behavior of the girls at the pool for example...oh hi new teacher (or whatever is his function there) lets have threesome after class...(wasnt a quote but wasnt rlly far from that...), before mentioned bowl in the car...
also lighting is awful on most of the pictures, models, environment...well pretty much everything needs months of work before they get to the point of being presentable...sorry but compared to the games we see on this forum this looks like someone took free 3ds models and slapped them into some crappy old 3d studio...
To be honest mate your entire post came off really as someone who has very little experience with /weg/s, who hasn't seen true rubbish that gets posted here quite allot of the time and having trouble differentiating a quite a gem among them such as this game, or a post of a bitter dev that his game isn't getting any attention, in either case, your harsh critique really falls flat in general perspective of it all, game stands on its own.

Reactions: Zenithtb
4.20 star(s) 37 Votes