VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Feedback Update:

Given the biggest complaint I've had by far has been the wife, I've completely remade her.
She looks considerably younger now, however as she's only supposed to be early thirties I don't see this being too much of an issue and will mean the wife's path will have more going for it. Going forward I will update the old renders in small batches as doing them all in one go will take the same amount of time as an actual update.

I will make a full walkthrough and release it, probably several weeks after the next update. I don't like walkthroughs as you're not experiencing a story, you're following a guide, so it's not high up in my priorities.

I've fixed any dialogue where it says "Agree" that I found and have given it a better line.

Regarding losing Miss Juniper's duf file, I got my laptop back from repair without the HDD being wiped (amazingly), so she will feature again on the Friday along with all the characters.

Renders are 50% done, so I'm going to set a release date for v.014 as the 14th of July

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
The thing that I like about having a walkthrough is if there's a character I like, in my case the wife, I want to make sure I don't screw things up. I don't like retracing steps and such, so a walkthrough would be nice.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
In case anyone is wondering, this is the reason people were not choosing the Wife route in the current build: Hannah... Vs..... THE WIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
In case anyone is wondering, this is the reason people were not choosing the Wife route in the current build: Hannah... Vs..... THE WIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can kiss googbye to that hairstyle and skin :p
She's got a fair bit younger, but she's early thirties so its not unrealistic for her to be hot.
Maybe the wife's assets might come back some day for something else as I've bought them now haha

Reactions: Hadgar and Zenithtb

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017

Can kiss googbye to that hairstyle and skin :p
She's got a fair bit younger, but she's early thirties so its not unrealistic for her to be hot.
Maybe the wife's assets might come back some day for something else as I've bought them now haha
Oh, hello! Yes, please!

I mean, I am in my fourties, and so is my partner. Previous wife looked like a sixty year old who lost interest in her appearance a decade or so ago!

A woman in early thirties is still in the prime of her physical life. She should be hot and confident (unlike hot and maybe a little shyer in younger girls - shy is nice too!).

So I guess I might as well nuke all my saves then, if Wife is not going to look like a reanimated acid-attack victim?

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018

This will be the new wife going forward, considerably younger, might make the choice between some of the others and her more difficult than it was beforehand.

Reactions: Hadgar

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017

This will be the new wife going forward, considerably younger, might make the choice between some of the others and her more difficult than it was beforehand.
Where are the Wings? I need the Wings eye-shadow your previous image had. I love me some Wings!

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
*shrug* I didn't mind the mom, to be honest I found it refreshing that she wasn't some bombshell with triple D's, thin waist with big hips like other games.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
She's doesn't have the thinnest waist and I've tried to still recreate the pregnancy scars so she doesn't look perfect, just a lot better.

The more I think about it though, the only reason I made her ugly originally was to explain cheating on her, however then why is a stacked, rich police officer going to be marrying an ugly, broke single mum in the first place, especially as originally he's dating Jessica in college?

Sorry to anybody that liked the old wife, I just felt it wasn't working.

(Her personality isn't going to change though)

Reactions: supermanz95

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
She's doesn't have the thinnest waist and I've tried to still recreate the pregnancy scars so she doesn't look perfect, just a lot better.
<Snip to get to point>
My partner has had two (wonderful, lose topic to boast etc) children. #'Pregnancy scars'? Zero. Exercises? Zero. Black magic? Zero.

They're an occurrence, not a law. My partner just rubbed on this cream on occasion. [ ]

Don't go out of your way to be 'realistic', when women will choose to minimise "I went through this" scarring if they have opportunity (like a 5€ cream)...

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
any ntr in this?
The Chantelle route will see you have a rivalry with a girl called Ana if you want to pursue her (if you just go after Hannah/Mercedes/Wifey you won't encounter it). This begins in the next update. It's not forced though, you can win over Chantelle and it won't happen.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
The Chantelle route will see you have a rivalry with a girl called Ana if you want to pursue her (if you just go after Hannah/Mercedes/Wifey you won't encounter it). This begins in the next update. It's not forced though, you can win over Chantelle and it won't happen.
Is it possible to be on multiple "routes" or can you only complete one per playthrough? Some of them seem mutually exclusive, but not necessarily all.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes