VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Is it possible to be on multiple "routes" or can you only complete one per playthrough? Some of them seem mutually exclusive, but not necessarily all.
Some of them are mutually exclusive. Depends how much of a dick you start to be towards some of the girls. At this point nothing "locks out" but once you get to some points it will. I've got a lot planned really and it'll all depend. The only routes I've decided will be exclusive already are Miss Miller and any of her daughters, and Chantelle and abuse/humiliation routes. She won't join in with them, whereas Penelope or Mercedes for example can be persuaded to. I'll try and keep most open, I can't see why you couldn't sneak out and bang somebody if you were really pretending to love the wife and she didn't find out.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Yeah you need to restart the game with the v.013 update, you have to select a choice at the very beginning if you want the Zurchov/Dusk scenes to be involved in the game going forward, if you want the blurred, or if you want them skipped.
Okay, I restarted and have to say I'm really interested in seeing where that whole "Dusk" side-story thing is headed- it's obviously tied to the MC's main story, and it's apparently the repercussions after the MC and DEA agent intro.

Quick question- I used UnRen to look at all of the image files and cannot for love nor money figure out how to get the scenes where Penelope visits you wrapped only in a towel. I have played through, conceivably, what I thought all the different branches could be- with/without the wife, with/without Hannah, being nice, and being a prick and cannot get access to that scene. What decisions should I be making?

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Was the Mom's character name originally supposed to be Felicia/Felicity? If you take the path where you ignore the daughter- when she leaves the room in a huff that's what she says to the Mom... Didn't know if anybody else caught that one.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
So the wife and any of her daughters are mutually exclusive?
I'd pretend like that will be a hard choice for me...

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Okay, I restarted and have to say I'm really interested in seeing where that whole "Dusk" side-story thing is headed- it's obviously tied to the MC's main story, and it's apparently the repercussions after the MC and DEA agent intro.

Quick question- I used UnRen to look at all of the image files and cannot for love nor money figure out how to get the scenes where Penelope visits you wrapped only in a towel. I have played through, conceivably, what I thought all the different branches could be- with/without the wife, with/without Hannah, being nice, and being a prick and cannot get access to that scene. What decisions should I be making?
You need to be a dick to the wife, just ignore her at every opportunity and that should do it. They'll be a full walkthrough after v.014

Was the Mom's character name originally supposed to be Felicia/Felicity? If you take the path where you ignore the daughter- when she leaves the room in a huff that's what she says to the Mom... Didn't know if anybody else caught that one.
Haha, "Bye Felicia" is a saying that some people say as just like "Bye nobody" "Bye bitch", they just use Felicia instead of their name.

So the wife and any of her daughters are mutually exclusive?
I'd pretend like that will be a hard choice for me...
That's Miss Miller and her Daughters. Not the wife, not decided if the wife and daughter are going to be exclusive yet. I have completely re-modelled the wife though, so don't completely write her off, she's a lot better looking now :)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
You need to be a dick to the wife, just ignore her at every opportunity and that should do it. They'll be a full walkthrough after v.014
  • Huh, I thought I already was- I really have no interest in her, considering the MC was trying to divorce her before his "accident". And even thought you've improved her model- I will always see her with the Play-Doh dreadlocks. Lol

Haha, "Bye Felicia" is a saying that some people say as just like "Bye nobody" "Bye bitch", they just use Felicia instead of their name.
  • I was not aware of this nor have I ever heard of it. Is it a cultural/regional thing (as I don't know your location in the world)? I live in 'Murica (f*$&, yeah) and I have never encountered it. Thanks Felicia. :p j/k

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
That's Miss Miller and her Daughters. Not the wife, not decided if the wife and daughter are going to be exclusive yet. I have completely re-modelled the wife though, so don't completely write her off, she's a lot better looking now :)
I said it before. It's not her looks. It's more that she's a raging bitch to her daughter and a horrible cunt who only gives a shit because you almost died. :D Just my opinion.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
"Bye, Felicia" comes from the movie Friday, a classic from the 1990s starring the venerable Ice Cube and Chris Tucker. IN the part of the US where I live, it was a part of slang here all throughout my high school years and beyond.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
I'll be honest, I inherited this saying from my girlfriend, who says it on an almost daily basis. I think she got it from TV, because she's Austrian and I'm pretty sure it's not a saying from there, and I'm British and I always though it was an American thing
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ah, I see and the post below yours describes the the origins. I haven't seen Friday in decades. The only lines I really remember from that are "How the F&^$ you get fired on your day off" and "You got knocked the ah F#$^ out". Lol I may have to dust off that DVD and watch it again- all of John Witherspoon's lines are pure gold. :) Damn, now I wanna watch The Boondocks too, damn now I wanna watch Boondock Saints again after that.

Also, Wow, thanks for the detailed description- I probably helped Hannah on one of my attempts and that probably messed the whole thing up, but I mean HOW could you not help her? ;) I shall have to go back and try that one- does it improve the Penelope route more that just the paying more attention to her than the wife and calling her your GF when you go to breakfast. I really like her- I have a feeling if Blackie Lawless had a daughter, that's what she'd look like. :)

@Burt Reynolds Mustache (great name btw- I remember that Playgirl from back in the day ALL the women HAD to have it). Lol You win the internet for today for knowing that reference. Great job! :)

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This will be the new wife going forward, considerably younger, might make the choice between some of the others and her more difficult than it was beforehand.
A much better improvement in my opinion. The previous wife had nothing going for her: No face, no body, no personality. Existed purely to be ignored and was quite scary in fact. I would be afraid sleeping next to a woman with that face in bed. Generally a character has to have at least one thing going for them, the wife had non so she wasn't a choice at all.
The new model doesn't have to be perfect but at least give her a cute face or something. Now this might actually make me restart the game when the new update comes.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Really looking forward to it! To what extent has the Wife been back-ported?
None yet, didn't redo any of the wife's scenes this update.

However the new wife appears a couple of times this update and is the sole sex scene.

I don't know how this update is going to go down because it's a lot more story based than the last one, so just hang on for Friday (when you're back at the school) if you don't like this one.

MaybeLoli

Jun 26, 2018
I don't get why people are asking for a walkthrough when you can finish the game in less than an hour at this stage and there aren't lewd scenes worth looking at.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes