VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Definitely not in v.0155 I'm afraid.
Might have some memories/flashbacks in v.016
I'm still undecided if she's ever coming out of her coma at this point
Oh please let her come out of her coma ... at least create such a possibility in the game ... that would be a great path to play ... and mind you the MC has some redemption to undergo for his past behavior.

Sep 21, 2017
interesting...but i can see why the MC want to fuck around....the wife is like j'onn j'onzz (she definitely martian dawg!)---one minute ugly as fuck then *its morphine time!* becomes a bit beautiful:tf:

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
interesting...but i can see why the MC want to fuck around....the wife is like j'onn j'onzz (she definitely martian dawg!)---one minute ugly as fuck then *its morphine time!* becomes a bit beautiful:tf:
After the next update, ugly wife is supposed to be gone forever. It shall be both a blessing and a curse

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
awwww..she wasnt that bad...some expressions were creepy sure..but at least she looked rode hard and put up wet like a properly over-used milf :p

Mt PewPew

May 3, 2018
The wife's old face reminds me of an old joke.

A man walks into a bar, takes a seat, then calls over the bartender and orders a shot of whiskey. The bartender brings it to him and the man quickly downs it, peeks into his shirt pocket, then orders another. After a half-hour of this, the bartender finally asks the man, "Why do you keep looking in your pocket after each shot?" The man replies, "I keep a picture of my wife in there. When she starts to look good, I know I've had enough and it's time to go home." XD

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
Maybe a "review your story" option after a number of choices? It felt confusing with so many characters to spend time with.

The violence feels appropriate since it's a cop story even if that one Dusk scene was more awesome than threatening.

Still not sure why the MC cares for that coma agent if you choose to reconcile with your wife. Maybe there will be a "We were a fling but it's over." choice in the future?

Sep 21, 2017
Maybe a "review your story" option after a number of choices? It felt confusing with so many characters to spend time with.

The violence feels appropriate since it's a cop story even if that one Dusk scene was more awesome than threatening.

Still not sure why the MC cares for that coma agent if you choose to reconcile with your wife. Maybe there will be a "We were a fling but it's over." choice in the future?
I know I had to "suspend my morals" in a game but when the wife becomes sad with puppy eyes...I had to say "something" like i love you i guess just so she
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Again, replaying a bit right now because it's been a while. The issue with the wife isn't her looks. It's that she's a raging fucking bitch who beats her daughter.
Yeah, I woulda spanked her in retaliation. Made the main guy seem like a puss to just let it stand. "It's my daughter" is bullshit, the household is yours too and you're doing full parenting duty. Yet you don't get a say?

You can make the wife your sex slave later, but it's not enough, you let something wrong stand. If the images are changing, it'd be nice to have the option to catch her arm and prevent the hitting.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Can you get anywhere with the daughter yet? I could have sworn there was at least something beyond the cafe before...

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, I woulda spanked her in retaliation. Made the main guy seem like a puss to just let it stand. "It's my daughter" is bullshit, the household is yours too and you're doing full parenting duty. Yet you don't get a say?

You can make the wife your sex slave later, but it's not enough, you let something wrong stand. If the images are changing, it'd be nice to have the option to catch her arm and prevent the hitting.
That spanking is a result of you being a perv and stealing a girl's panties though.

Did anybody get the ending with the wife going out alone? Not seen that one mentioned at all.
There's a fair few conflict scenes in v.015 with the wife, but I don't know if anybody got them as I really they're kinda hard to trigger. Might focus more elsewhere in future.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
That spanking is a result of you being a perv and stealing a girl's panties though.

Did anybody get the ending with the wife going out alone? Not seen that one mentioned at all.
There's a fair few conflict scenes in v.015 with the wife, but I don't know if anybody got them as I really they're kinda hard to trigger. Might focus more elsewhere in future.
That's cool and all. But it just makes me hate the wife. She's barely likable as is. And I did catch the underwear thing as well, which was a nice shout out... but again... the wife is still a cunt. And for having choices... to NOT have the choice to step in to help your stepdaughter against an abusive wife feels like a weird oversight. It feels like it SHOULD be an option, mainly because the player is there.

I mean, props for trying to handle the number of choices you are... we deal with a fraction of the ones you throw out there... and it's still a damned headache.

As a player, I suppose the only issue I have with the game outside of just hating the woman you spend the most time with is probably a lack of focus. We meet a ton of new characters nearly every episode without a chance to really interact much with the ones that were just established. I remember before that you said the only mutually exclusive relationships would be Miller and her daughters... but I don't know how that's going to be the case going forward considering this last update had you meet like 4 new women several of which seem to block off others.

But hey, good luck with it... I don't envy having to account for so many different paths. And I respect the hell out of your ambition.

Reactions: cloudfw

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I want to throw a little focus on wife's behavior, I'm not a psychologist and (probably) deranged / socialy challenged, but to me she's appearing needy - its strongest for me when she gives you the pick-up to make you stay.

it would be really nice to say fuck off in the beginning already instead of getting tangled up with that loco puta. maybe make her have an accident or something. i understand she's scared and fears being left by us, but being irationaly grating and releasing stress on her own biologic child shows shes no wife material.

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
That's cool and all. But it just makes me hate the wife. She's barely likable as is. And I did catch the underwear thing as well, which was a nice shout out... but again... the wife is still a cunt. And for having choices... to NOT have the choice to step in to help your stepdaughter against an abusive wife feels like a weird oversight. It feels like it SHOULD be an option, mainly because the player is there.
Have to agree. If I make a wife decision that she doesn't like she almost always responds as a super bitch. Even if I were to role it back and pick the choice she would prefer I still know her true personality. She's a bitch. That makes me never want to make a nice decision for her. Has nothing to do with her looks. I hate that cunt. It bothered me so much this last update that I quit playing in the middle of it and never finished it.

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I wand to throw a little focus on wife's behavior, I'm not a psychologist and (probably) deranged / socialy challenged, but to me she's appearing needy - its strongest for me when she gives you the pick-up to make you stay.

it would be really nice to say fuck off in the beginning already instead of getting tangled up with that loco puta. maybe make her have an accident or something. i understand she's scared and fears being left by us, but being irationaly grating and releasing stress on her own biologic child shows shes no wife material.
Never put much thought into it why I did not like the wife, but I think you nailed it with that description. Now that I think about it: every time you do/say something she does not like: she quickly turns into a dismissive bitch. Which does not rhyme with her more needy behavior she displays when you ignore her in favor for pursuing other women/girls. Makes her come across as a bit schizo when the 2 playing-style-paths mix like when she gives you the new car.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes