VN Ren'Py The Mason Gambit [Ch.10] [CorForce Productions]

3.20 star(s) 50 Votes

ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018

Hey Everyone,

Here is the latest update. Progress has been made and I am working hard at it. There are fewer snags now and I have workarounds to cut down render issues/times.

You will always notice some creative shots that will exclude other participants in a conversation. This purposeful act is to reduce render times. Too many actors in the shot and the render times skyrocket or fail outright. Just too many polygons. If I want quality shots, I have to use this method. In other words, the other participants are hidden in a scene since they aren't in the shot anyway.

Daz has a habit of rendering everything in a scene regardless of whether or not the camera is pointing at them. Obviously it is inefficient and eats VRam and Ram resulting in slower or even failed renders. So, one just has to "fake" it by making all other objects, not in a shot, invisible. That way Daz does not load the textures of those objects into memory for the render.

Now you know one of the pitfalls many Daz users work against. The good news is, it does force an artist to get creative with the shot, so the audience isn't aware the rest of the scene is actually missing. A magician does reveal SOME secrets.

So, back at it.

Thank you for your support, as always.

Cheers!

Cory F

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Friday Update 25 Aug 2023

1693026120130.png

Hey Everyone,

I missed out on the update last week. Had some things irl I had to deal with.

I will suspend this next Patreon charge cycle because this chapter is taking a lot longer than I had hoped. And it's not like it's going to be much bigger than last chapter. Just unforseen issues here and there, is all.

So, some headway was still made. I am roughly three quarters of the way through. I HOPE to have it out in September.

Cheers!

Thank you all for your support.

Cory F

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
You named most of them correctly.

The Doc and Ms Chen however, are happily married women. I do find them them attractive as well, for the record. I'll find an opportunity to introduce their spouses at some point.
Well...no game can be perfect it seems. There always must be something.

I don't understand why have hot women if you don't have any plans for them? Couldn't you just make them old granny with saggy tits or something? You could have made them male and it wouldn't have made any difference.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
I'm trying this one, and so far the narrator introduction really made me laugh. Couldn't quite decide yet if it was supposed to be taken seriously or if it was a wannabe though guy parody.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm trying this one, and so far the narrator introduction really made me laugh. Couldn't quite decide yet if it was supposed to be taken seriously or if it was a wannabe though guy parody.
I'm pretty sure it's serious. The point about committed relationships vs. casual hookups (or lack of commitment to a relationship) is brought up several times during the game. Also, be forewarned that this is not a sex game. It's almost all plot with only a couple of sex scenes. And the game overall is fairly lengthy, so there's a lot of time spent with no intimate scenes. So if you're expecting more sex, you now know. If you don't care and focus more on plot, story, and characters in general, welcome aboard.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
I'm pretty sure it's serious. The point about committed relationships vs. casual hookups (or lack of commitment to a relationship) is brought up several times during the game. Also, be forewarned that this is not a sex game. It's almost all plot with only a couple of sex scenes. And the game overall is fairly lengthy, so there's a lot of time spent with no intimate scenes. So if you're expecting more sex, you now know. If you don't care and focus more on plot, story, and characters in general, welcome aboard.
I don't mind the no sex part, Summer's Gone is probably my favourite game on the website and it hasn't got any either so. The constant shaming of people who had casual hookups and things like that is really weird though, with even heavy insults thrown towards them. Like I'd understand if the main character mentioned at one point that he isn't interested in any casual thing and is only looking for someone as serious as him, or even that he doesn't look up to people who don't take relationships seriously, but I've so far heard the whole shtick 4 or 5 times by different characters by now. It also implies a few other not so nice things about people. Like OK I'm playing the game and I don't really mind all these eccentricities so much but it's like I'm constantly reminded by the morality police to be a good christian lmao. Oh well, I'm at chapter four and continuing on, wether I'll continue to play this once I've reach the end of the current update remains to be seen. I don't find the whole the holier than thou approach all that endearing so far.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
there has been a lot of hate posts and agresive critic, the dev has a clear no shit stance, iIrc the prelude has been added after the game has gone through this crossfire.
It is clear that when someone creates a game he will let flow in his points of view and filosophy of life, and it is on the consumer if he respects them or not, I'am personally happy that you liked the game and hope you enjoy it , it has a great plot, and although at some points it is repetitive, still one of the best games here on this site.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021

2 days ago

I mentioned I was shooting for this Friday as the rollout.
I am done with all the rendering. I am just running through the chapter right now and will be adding any sounds and music required. Given it is almost midnight here, I will have to say rollout will begin tomorrow. I should have this done within the next couple hours so Tier 5 folks can access it with Tier 4 getting it Sunday, and so on with each tier. The public access will have it next Saturday, the 7th of October, 2023.
Cheers!
Cory F

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
september passed too still no update..i loved this game characters and story , but development of these VN is painfully slow...and more times that i like it, some finish abbandoned...hope this will not be the ccase and i will see the end of the story

3.20 star(s) 50 Votes